U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:48 PM

23,052 posts, read 32,053,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
thats not a law, dude.
no it's a civic duty, dude.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:48 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,028,331 times
This graphic and blurb below that I recently received is specifically on topic, because these points seem beyond the grasp of the illegals' apologists on these boards. No sane person is against legal immigration. Illegal immigration, however, incubates a lifetime mindset of "getting away with it," of considering American laws to be "optional only." Illegals, where I live, a city that sees 300 arrive daily (Los Angeles,) maintain that contempt for American laws and American citizens in every aspect of life. I've had my cars totalled by illegals driving without licenses (police confirmed all their given info was false, remember Special Order 40 forbids L.A. police to inquire about legal status,) I've been spit at by hissing foreign nationals, and watched many a middle-class neighborhood decline into a slum as the illegals became renters. This is never the case with naturalized citizens or people working here legally or in the system waiting their turn. Just illegals.

THIS IS MY COUNTRY!
Because I make this statement, it does not mean I'm against immigration. You are welcome here in my country, welcome to come through like everyone else has. Get a sponsor! Live by our rules! Pay your taxes! No identity theft! And learn our English language as have all other immigrants in the past. Furthermore, please don't demand we hand over our life savings to pay for you to break our laws and make up for your losses in your country.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:21 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,499,585 times
^^^^

Oh now I am tired of people blaming Los Angeles on illegals. Los Angeles has always had problems. How does San Diego not have as much racial tension, slums and political issues as LA? San Diego is right next to the border and it is ranked #5 best City to live in America.
MONEY Magazine: Best places to live 2006: 10 Best Big Cities

LA has problems because you have Ultra-Rich and Ultra-Poor, there is such a class disparity it has caused anger and uprise. The anger amongst Hispanics, White and Blacks in LA has existed since WWII and the Zoot Suit Riots:
Zoot Suit Riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
driving without a license or insurance, using ss that are not theirs and other fake documents, not paying taxes, just being here.
and screwing hard-working americans out of $$$$$$ every way imaginable.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 PM

1,510 posts, read 712,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
As long as only one law is broken it makes it right??? Is that your reasoning. What about if they break 2 laws then we can deport?
i would advocate jail for all crimes outside of "illegal" crossing. thats just my opinion though

Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
driving without a license or insurance, using ss that are not theirs and other fake documents, not paying taxes, just being here.
we do not give them the ability to obtain legal documentary. many of them do pay taxes through their paychecks. if theyre not paid legitimately, that is the employer's fault. and when we try and give them licenses (like in new york), people argue against that.

you give these people a no-win situation and then complain when they dont win. its retarded.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
we do not give them the ability to obtain legal documentary. many of them do pay taxes through their paychecks. if theyre not paid legitimately, that is the employer's fault. and when we try and give them licenses (like in new york), people argue against that.

you give these people a no-win situation and then complain when they dont win. its retarded.
i'm sorry, son. if you break the law you dont deserve to win.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
no it's a civic duty, dude.
right, not a law. so we are not required to do it.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
i'm sorry, son. if you break the law you dont deserve to win.
do you deserve to eat, even if you break the law? if not, why do they serve food in prison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
right, not a law. so we are not required to do it.
it's something you should do and supporting our vets is everyone's responsibility. maybe you need to spend a little time in the DC area to see all the problems your beloved illegals are causing.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration