U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:04 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Hmmm. Im 100% Filipino, Served Queen & country 6yrs, Born and bred in the streets of London. A degree in Tech.Engineering.

Now finishing off my 4 yr BSN-RN course in a country i can call my 2nd home (USA), Philippines being my 1st home and never in all the years i been in England have we had minorities desrespect the country we went to in a manner these mexicans do onto the Americans.
Glad to have ya. And it is nice to see a person from another country recognize what is going on here.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Quote:
Hmmm. Im 100% Filipino, Served Queen & country 6yrs, Born and bred in the streets of London. A degree in Tech.Engineering.

Now finishing off my 4 yr BSN-RN course in a country i can call my 2nd home (USA), Philippines being my 1st home and never in all the years i been in England have we had minorities desrespect the country we went to in a manner these mexicans do onto the Americans.
Good for you, but I didn't attack you. Good a moderator took care of it.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:08 PM

716 posts, read 1,866,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Good for you, but I didn't attack you. Good a moderator took care of it.
Mods will do what they see fit and ill respect the course of action they deem appropriate. Which is more than what anybody can say about mexicans!!.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
I saw this story on the news this morning, too. From what they said on my news station the Mexican who flew the flags like that didn't have any idea it was a sign of disrespect or illegal... or whatever. I don't know if that is true, but it sounds plausible. Personally I would be more insulted if it was just the Mexican flag there alone.

I don't know. I think this story is being blown up out of proportion. And...I'm sick of the illegal Mexican deal just as much as the next person, but....

And... speaking of the flag.... I'm more insulted by all the crooked politicians who have hijacked this country and the use of the flag - by wearing it on their suit lapels at every given moment. It's almost like they are trying to convince us that they really are Americans!
I really doubt he did not know he was doing anything wrong. Illegal immigration has been in the news way to much as has the issue of Mexicans fllying our flag in dissrespectful manners.

This Mexican should be made an example that we will not tolerate our flag being flown under the flag of a foreign country. I hope everyone will call the Reno City Attorney and the Reno Police and demand charges be filed.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Mods will do what they see fit and ill respect the course of action they deem appropriate. Which is more than what anybody can say about mexicans!!.
Wow...I am stunned, I guess all Mexicans are bad. The hate this forum generates could be measured in joules.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:13 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
Quote:
No don't you understand we want to spend 100 Billion on deportations and building of a wall to shield us from those nasty Mexicans!

Forget the troops in 2 illegal wars, or Katrina...let's spend the money keeping cheap laborers from entering our country...makes a lot of sense.
And you forgot maybe we can avoid another 9/11 or worse..

Old 10-03-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
And you forgot maybe we can avoid another 9/11 or worse..
They can probably still cross that Canadian border, just like they did last time!!! But keep fighting the Mexicans.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Glad to have ya. And it is nice to see a person from another country recognize what is going on here.
Why thank you Madam, its great to be here!!

I just wished i could've correspond to nice citizens like yourself under better circumstances and ive tried to avoid these "Political threads" for a long time because i do understand it can get heated and ive tried to stay neutral as i can in some ways understand the plight of a better life and im not knocking anyone for it, But!! i believe in order and ways of doing things.

It was'nt until i have been almost slammed or run over by some very inconsiderate drivers and they happen to look and sound much like a southern american (ie latin speaking) that ive begun to take notice and observe their behaviour. Very little disregard for Americans im afraid.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:21 PM

1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
LOL!!!!

From CNN.com: This is where we've arrived in this country: You have the constitutional right to burn an American flag, but you can get into trouble for simply flying a foreign one. At least you can in the 30,000-person town of Pahrump, Nevada, which is close to Las Vegas and even closer to stepping over the line with an idiotic, intolerant and insulting ban on foreign (read: Mexican) flags.

^major news network calling it like it is. it seems it is only a crime in one town. it is not a federal or even a state law. constitutional rights take precedent over a small town with xenophobic councilmen.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Wow...I am stunned, I guess all Mexicans are bad. The hate this forum generates could be measured in joules.
I dont see Korean, Japanese, China, Filipino town flying their (Motherland) flags on top of American flags.

We (Most Asians) can and have no problems Adhering to the RULES and the Constitution of this Country... Why cant (leeching chicanos) DO IT??!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration