U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:06 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Dont let those three complete boneheads change your mind, they are still quite a few good ones left.
moderator? this post is nothing but name-calling. if you cant support your side of the argument without name-calling, it shows us exactly how strong it really is...

Old 10-03-2007, 01:07 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
moderator? this post is nothing but name-calling. if you cant support your side of the argument without name-calling, it shows us exactly how strong it really is...
What you are offended by me calling Bush a bonehead!!!!! get a grip.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Please explain what sort of respect the people in this clip show for the US. Since respect is a 2 way street, according to your own words, is this really how they should be treating this country?

YouTube - Illegal alien camps...This is DISGUSTING
they wouldnt need camps if we didnt make them sneak in. our "legal" process is far too timely and costly for most impoverished people. if we revised the process, made it streamlined and cheap, i guarantee you would see less of those camps. an appropriate analogy, quoting ron paul: "how do you get rid of the drug dealers tomorrow? legalize drugs today."

Old 10-03-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
GHOST -- Educate yourself ---we are paying to educate millions upon millions of foreign nationals, giving them free breakfasts and lunches and excusing them from paying taxes to the IRS, having to have a driver's license, insurance and giving them free medical care and this is how they treat us?
i do not mind paying money to feed and educate poor people who are trying to pull themselves up. its basically charity, and charitable people are usually considered noble.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Well Nea1 I can understand why GHOST might be a little defensive.

Anyone who comes in this forum and debates against the majority is automatically flamed, given negative rep and then...there will be an attempt to ban those people.

I once got accused of a personal attack for sending someone a PM that had no attack in it. I get called names and then watch those who hand out the insults reputation climb. It is BS.

Nea1 you are one of the fair ones.

GHOST keep fighting, I agree with you.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
When someone is using media to support their argument, it is of importance to people who know how to debate an issue without making personal attacks on the character of the person they are debating with as to "who said it".
i can agree with this. the importance of the article rested in the facts concerning the law's origin, reach, and overall legality. we have had laws repealed that were deemed unconstitutional. this law is a perfect candidate.

Quote:
Maybe your criteria is different as far as quality of source and accuracy of facts provided.
the accuracy of the facts is there. thats all that matters to me.

Quote:
I am not going to explain to you how I consider myself an American. Based on the history of your handle, I think that ball is in your court.

i consider myself an american because i believe in personal freedoms and unity of all people regardless of race, sex, religion, or culture.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What you are offended by me calling Bush a bonehead!!!!! get a grip.
i never called bush a bonehead (i dont believe i did, i could be wrong), but regardless, calling a politician names is not a personal attack. you calling me a bonehead is. if you edit your post, i will definitely forgive you.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Well Nea1 I can understand why GHOST might be a little defensive.

Anyone who comes in this forum and debates against the majority is automatically flamed, given negative rep and then...there will be an attempt to ban those people.

I once got accused of a personal attack for sending someone a PM that had no attack in it. I get called names and then watch those who hand out the insults reputation climb. It is BS.

Nea1 you are one of the fair ones.

GHOST keep fighting, I agree with you.
I dont give negative rep, and no where in that post did I name anyone here. She mentioned Bush and two others as to why she is no longer a republican. People need to read the message. Ghost has nothing to be offended by at all in my post.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:17 PM

716 posts, read 1,867,410 times
Quote:

Im starting to wonder if you pro illegals really understand anything...LMAO,

But yeah Nea1 is right, just a shame a ***** like bush is the one who got elected...

Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
i never called bush a bonehead (i dont believe i did, i could be wrong), but regardless, calling a politician names is not a personal attack. you calling me a bonehead is. if you edit your post, i will definitely forgive you.
I called Bush a bonehead in response to her about republicans post. I dont need forgiveness I wasnt talking about you or anyone else here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration