Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:58 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
It is the best solution I have seen so far, he should pay for not helping his people.
It is the fair solution, if we could trust him. But it wont happen.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:04 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Well we are spending billions for new classrooms and our property taxes have doubled. Would you like to help me out?
we dont need to spend billions on new classrooms. we need to eliminate the department of education and privatize learning. here's a documentary to help inform you:
YouTube - 20/20 Stupid in America

Old 10-03-2007, 02:33 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,597 times
Default why

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
we dont need to spend billions on new classrooms. we need to eliminate the department of education and privatize learning. here's a documentary to help inform you:
YouTube - 20/20 Stupid in America
Why, because illegal aliens have ruined the school systems?

It seems that whatever law or system an illegal is breaking or taking advantage of, you advocate changing the law or the system in question instead of enforcing the existing immigration law and deporting these people.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Why, because illegal aliens have ruined the school systems?

It seems that whatever law or system an illegal is breaking or taking advantage of, you advocate changing the law or the system in question instead of enforcing the existing immigration law and deporting these people.
it might seem that way, but im advocating sensible laws that work WITH the inevitable. if you want an answer to your initial question, watch the video.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:30 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
i would gladly accept refugees from all countries. mexico is the main exporter because of the geographic proximity and the drastic difference in the economies and general way of life.

i agree. economic boosting would be more applicable in less corrupt nations where the money could reach the hands of the general public.

i feel that it is the best course of action to simultaneously demand change, through our political influence, and band-aid the victims. we can do both.

well, personally, i couldn't. but if the united states came to a collective realization that we wouldnt need to band-aid the victims if we got rid of the attacker, we could help change mexico for the better, with the effect being less immigration and less money needing to be budgeted for social services. we could use the change here in our own country, too. the more money you give the people, the stronger our middle class, and the better our economy and general national health.
Are you proposing that the US somehow facilitate a coup d'etat south of the border? Who is the attacker in your book? Why would the US need to "get rid of the attacker"; are you also in support of our 'pre-emptive strike' in the middle east? Your naiveté is endearing, but I would appreciate more thoughtful solutions than expecting the US to overthrow the Mexican government to stem off the flow of illegal immigrants in the US.

I think people in the US as well as those outside should not look to the US as the "world police and policy-makers". No nation is qualified for that role, and the US is especially not qualified. If you really want something to change in the corruption of Mexico, then you can join forces with Subcommandante Marcos and his Zapatistas and fight the good fight. Maybe you can start a faction of your own - the posibilities are endless. Mexico needs to stand up for themselves, not expect the US to "get rid of the attacker".

Old 10-03-2007, 03:36 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Flag of Mexico Flown Illegally Over Reno Business

http://krnv.images.worldnow.com/images/7162515_BG1.jpg (broken link)

A vet cut down the flag. Make sure you watch the video in the blue box. I am so sick of these Mexicans that have a "spit in your face" attitude when they are living off this country and I don't care about any comments that it is not just Mexicans. It seems it is only the Mexicans that make every attempt to dissrespect this country.
I agree!!! This is way too much! It is like the HS thugs in CA who took down a US flag and flew it upside down with the Mexican flag on top. These people are taking over this country and they are extremely disrespectful!!!

DEPORT THE FOREIGN BARBARIANS. THE USA BELONGS TO AMERICANS!

http://www.saveourstate.org//templates/rhuk_solarflare_ii/images/powered_by.png (broken link)

Save Our State - Home

Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Are you proposing that the US somehow facilitate a coup d'etat south of the border?
no. i advocate diplomacy. peaceful influence.

Quote:
Who is the attacker in your book?
the corrupt mexican government.

Quote:
Why would the US need to "get rid of the attacker"; are you also in support of our 'pre-emptive strike' in the middle east?
when i say "get rid" i dont mean kill. i mean expel from office. as far as a pre-emptive strike goes, that would make us the attacker, wouldn't it? hardly a logical connection there.

Quote:
Your naiveté is endearing, but I would appreciate more thoughtful solutions than expecting the US to overthrow the Mexican government to stem off the flow of illegal immigrants in the US.
again, i advocate diplomacy. peaceful change.

Quote:
I think people in the US as well as those outside should not look to the US as the "world police and policy-makers".
we are already warmongers and policy-makers. if we want to assume the role of policy-maker, we should do it for the benefit of the common man.

Quote:
No nation is qualified for that role, and the US is especially not qualified.
having as much power as we do, we are better qualified to use political influence than say, zimbabwe or finland.

Quote:
If you really want something to change in the corruption of Mexico, then you can join forces with Subcommandante Marcos and his Zapatistas and fight the good fight. Maybe you can start a faction of your own - the posibilities are endless. Mexico needs to stand up for themselves, not expect the US to "get rid of the attacker".

marcos already has a strong rebel force, and what good has it done? i think it is better to solve issues diplomatically, without violence, anyways.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
I agree!!! This is way too much! It is like the HS thugs in CA who took down a US flag and flew it upside down with the Mexican flag on top. These people are taking over this country and they are extremely disrespectful!!!

DEPORT THE FOREIGN BARBARIANS. THE USA BELONGS TO AMERICANS!

http://www.saveourstate.org//templates/rhuk_solarflare_ii/images/powered_by.png (broken link)

Save Our State - Home
nothing they did was illegal according to the first amendment of the constitution. how do you justify generalizations and name-calling when no law has been broken? it seems you dont like the universality of the first amendment, and your bigotry has clouded your common sense.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:44 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Quote:
nothing they did was illegal according to the first amendment of the constitution. how do you justify generalizations and name-calling when no law has been broken? it seems you dont like the universality of the first amendment, and your bigotry has clouded your common sense.
Uhm flying the Mexican flag over the US flag is in fact illegal.. come on Ghost, stop trying to argue over everything because you want the illegals here and they don't.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:44 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Uhm flying the Mexican flag over the US flag is in fact illegal.. come on Ghost, stop trying to argue over everything because you want the illegals here and they don't.
If burning the flag is ok how can this be a crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration