Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 10:55 AM

236 posts, read 442,037 times

Advertisements

Oh, and the Constitution was created as a basic starting point for this country.(that is my belief) and many things have been ammended new laws have been created, that is progression. The the basic belief is still the same. You and I may not agree with everything written in the constitution or every law but until they are changed it is for us to follow. Debate them, disagree with them, protest them but don't break them.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:57 AM

1,511 posts, read 978,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Oh, and the Constitution was created as a basic starting point for this country.(that is my belief) and many things have been ammended new laws have been created, that is progression. The the basic belief is still the same. You and I may not agree with everything written in the constitution or every law but until they are changed it is for us to follow. Debate them, disagree with them, protest them but don't break them.
but we have undoubtedly passed unconstitutional laws. supreme court overturns tell us so. and if a law is deemed unconstitutional, the people who "broke" it in the past are no longer criminalized for it. that's why people live their lives according to our basic freedoms, and not any stupid laws that get in the way.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:04 AM

Again ghost our it is called illegal entry. Why are you condoning crimminal activity?? Your are putting their rights above this countries citizens. And would I let a person starve? What a ingnorant question. These people aren't starving. They came here for a better life not because of starvation. The money they paid out to get here and stay here could probably feed them for years in Mexico so that is a crock of crap. They are getting free services that I pay for and I can't even recieve. Why should I (a legal citizen) have to pay for medical, housing, food if they don't??

Old 10-04-2007, 11:08 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,832 times
Default This is America

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
but we have undoubtedly passed unconstitutional laws. supreme court overturns tell us so. and if a law is deemed unconstitutional, the people who "broke" it in the past are no longer criminalized for it. that's why people live their lives according to our basic freedoms, and not any stupid laws that get in the way.
"stupid laws"

well we all can see that you simply support illegal immigration regardless of the laws of this country. I am sure that soon all the crimes that illegals commit will also be justified.

No matter how many facts, numbers and laws are explained you simply want to ignore everything except that illegal immigration is OK. The more facts and examples are posted the more you advocate getting rid of laws. Remember LEGAL immigration does exist but manybe that law should be abolished also...

The more sense is spoken on this subject explaining illegal immigration and laws the more ridiculous the defense becomes.

if you dont like the laws of this country you should leave.

Last edited by ducter; 10-04-2007 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: corection

Old 10-04-2007, 11:15 AM

Stupid laws??? (your words not mine) Wow. Your belief is that we should open the flood gates and let everyone in. Right??? Should we let all the starving people in Africa come over??? Because they are suffering more than anyone. Just look at the children there. They number in the millions. Where will we put everyone??? Do you think this country can accomadate all the people of the world who are suffering?? Who want a better life? Do you think our economy can handle an influx of people who have no money and who need us to help them until they get on their feet? Let's tell every country that America will except all of their citizens that want a better life, who are hungry, who are running from the law, oh and please let them know we will screw our citizens to pay for them.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Again ghost our it is called illegal entry. Why are you condoning crimminal activity??
because i believe the crime committed is the only path many of them are forced to take. if we had a streamlined and free LEGAL immigration process, i would expect people to take that route. but that option is not provided.

Quote:
Your are putting their rights above this countries citizens.
their right to survive supercedes our right to hoarde, in my basic humanitarian opinion. you say it yourself... you wouldn't let someone starve. the people that can not afford to legally immigrate are the poor, obviously. and those are the people that DO starve! have you ever been to mexico? outside of the tourist areas?

Quote:
And would I let a person starve? What a ingnorant question. These people aren't starving. They came here for a better life not because of starvation. The money they paid out to get here and stay here could probably feed them for years in Mexico so that is a crock of crap.
wow, you really have no idea. they need a place to live and clothing, not to mention money to raise a family. to imply that america is making them all rich is uneducated, at best. the money definitely goes farther down there, but they work for so little up here, its basically allowing them a lower-middle class lifestyle down there. it is not their fault that their houses arent ridiculously overpriced and theyre willing to share them.

Quote:
They are getting free services that I pay for and I can't even recieve. Why should I (a legal citizen) have to pay for medical, housing, food if they don't??
why were these social programs created? to provide the less fortunate with means of survival. not all illegal immigrants are collecting these free services, and the ones that are probably need it. need it more than you or me, anyway.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:19 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Lets not have any laws and just have pure anarchy then!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:22 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
There are people starving all over the world are you suggesting that we invite them all here???

Mexico gets billions from its oil that it sell. They ought to put the money to good use instead of sticking it in Swiss banks!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
"stupid laws"
do you think that every law ever passed is just and reasonable? if so, explain why we've had laws repealed.

Quote:
well we all can see that you simply support illegal immigration regardless of the laws of this country. I am sure that soon all the crimes that illegals commit will also be justified.
violent or property crimes are rarely justified, citizen or not. and i dont support illegal immigration, i understand it. we have to give the poor a realistic option, be it through a free, streamlined legal immigration process, or diplomacy from our political powers influencing a redistribution of wealth in mexico, especially in the form of social programs and a basic human rights agreement.

Quote:
No matter how many facts, numbers and laws are explained you simply want to ignore everything except that illegal immigration is OK.
you ignore the facts and reasons why illegal immigration is a forced course of action, at the expense of hard-working common men and women.

Quote:
The more facts and examples are posted the more you advocate getting rid of laws. Remember LEGAL immigration does exist but manybe that law should be abolished also...
i advocate having reasonable laws on the books. it is not reasonable to charge a huge fee and have such a long wait time to immigrate into this country. it singles out the poor and the desperate, the people that need our help more than anyone. the laws, as they are, benefit those with money already.

Quote:
The more sense is spoken on this subject explaining illegal immigration and laws the more ridiculous the defense becomes.

if you dont like the laws of this country you should leave.
why would i leave when i can work to spread information about a potential solution and restore the greatness of the american principle? its broke, so i fix it, not throw it away.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:29 AM

I have compassion It breaks my heart to see people suffering but we can't fix everyones problems. If we don't get a control on immigration, our quality of life will change, and not for the good. We can't pick and chose who to let in and we can't afford to let everyone who is unhappy with their legal country come here. When do we stop allowing people illegal entry into this coutry on their belief that we owe them the right to a better life?? It has to stop sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration