Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 11:56 AM

236 posts, read 442,023 times

Advertisements

Hey Ghost does every immigrant come here for a better life? Are they all just wanting to feed their starving family? Not everyone has that need, some come here for crimminal reasons. How are we going to stop that?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:57 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
yes, i can see it now

*illegally crosses*, "haha, i am in the united states" "well, what now?" "i dunno, man. i just wanted to rub it in their faces that im here."

it makes a lot more sense to understand they come here to work for what translates to a livable wage in mexico. and they do it "illegally" because they cant pay the legal immigration fees or afford to wait. we dont give them that option, what do we expect them to do?
Wow! I'm through. I suggest you educate yourself. Perhaps meet an illegal or two.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:58 AM

1,511 posts, read 978,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What ever happened to freedom? Do you really need to impose your morals on me and everyone else?
im not imposing. im debating. we are not practicing freedoms by keeping people out. that is called suppression. freedom would be giving allowances, such as the ability to immigrate here legally, quickly, and free. FREEdom - the quality or state of being free. the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:00 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
we create the realities of our lives and those around us. are you claiming it would be impossible to feed the hungry around the world? it would involve a lot of luxury sacrifices, but we are more than able to do it. why shouldn't we?
Stated by someone who probably has no luxuries of their own to sacrifice, but feels that those who do, have a moral obligation to give them up for the good of mankind. A modern day Robin Hood.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaHeidi View Post
...I believe it is a federal crime to fly any flag higher than the United States of America flag (within the United States and on United soils).
show me the law! the flag code contradicts the first amendment, so that does not suffice.

Quote:
The federal government needs to get involved and the responsible parties (the parties responsible for violating this law - I should look that "law" up...) need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. (I wouldn't be surprised if the responsible parties were illegal!!! DEPORT THEM AND THEIR ENTIRE - I MEAN ENTIRE - FAMILY!!!! AND RIGHT NOW!!! NOT NEXT YEAR!!!!
settle down. what do you do when you figure out there is no law? are you going to advocate the restriction of someone's harmless freedom still?

Quote:
As for the vet who took it down....he's still defending his country...makes me feel good inside! The President needs to give him some sort of public award or medal or something!!!!
the vet shouldve just flown the american flag on his own property. he committed a crime against freedom by violating someone else's private property. mexicans fought for the united states in every modern war. they are vets, too. and being a vet doesn't make your every action justifiable. a vet should not be able to trespass or vandalize my property just because he's a vet. do you disagree?

Quote:
(I must admit, I did not watch the video...I didn't feel the need to. Thanks for bringing this to our attention citigirl!)

education of oneself can go a long way in forming an educated opinion.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
im not imposing. im debating. we are not practicing freedoms by keeping people out. that is called suppression. freedom would be giving allowances, such as the ability to immigrate here legally, quickly, and free. FREEdom - the quality or state of being free. the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action.
Simply amazing. Look up sovereignty and how it is related to freedom.

Can you keep me off your property? Is that an exercize in your freedom? If I decided what you can and can't do with your property, would that be a violation of your freedom?

Your thinking appears clouded. Freedom does not mean I can impose my will on you. Freedom does not mean foreign nationals can impose their will on us.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Hey Ghost does every immigrant come here for a better life? Are they all just wanting to feed their starving family? Not everyone has that need, some come here for crimminal reasons. How are we going to stop that?
by punishing the other crimes committed. same as we do with everyone else. you shouldnt have the right to punish anyone until they commit an unjustifiable crime. they all cross, and anyone who commits criminal activity, after they are already here, should be punished appropriately. same as you or me.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Stated by someone who probably has no luxuries of their own to sacrifice, but feels that those who do, have a moral obligation to give them up for the good of mankind. A modern day Robin Hood.
i do not have a lot of luxuries because a lot of my money goes towards the working class in this country through tips and services rendered. robin hood was considered a good man to everyone but the greedy, so i'll gladly accept that namesake.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:07 PM

236 posts, read 442,023 times
OMG!!! You are contradicting yourself. "A Vet should not be able to trespass and vandalize my property just because he is a Vet" Wow is that not what we have been saying about illegal immigrants???

Old 10-04-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Wow! I'm through. I suggest you educate yourself. Perhaps meet an illegal or two.
i live in south san diego. i know a whole lot of them. good people, for the most part. just like citizens are good people, for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration