Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Maybe it just looks like yours is going down because ours is going up. Could it be because your voice is the minority?? Ghost, illegal is illegal. It is called Illegal entry. We wouldn't have to to worry about the big businesses if the illegals weren't here
but illegals are here and theyre not going to go away, regardless of what laws are passed. so why fight the inevitable, when it is much more efficient and intelligent to go after the group of people that facilitate the hiring (read: enabling) of illegal immigrant workforces? they are as much to blame, if not moreso, than the worker.

and mach is right, the unemployment rate doesnt fluctuate much. what is your reasoning for that?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:37 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,635,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Why do you have to report people? He didn't say anything offensive. This is what always happens in this forum, the majority tries to have the minority banned.

I have also noticed how our Rep goes down, while all of your Rep goes up...real objective group we have here.

It is like people want a forum with no debate at all.
i don't care who does or does not agree with me, but i object to being called a liar. perhaps you don't find that offensive, because it wasn't directed at you.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:38 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
But the unemployment rate is stagnant. Americans are finding jobs! What worries about big business do we have?

Big businesses will just take their American company to China or Mexico, like they are already doing.

Would you rather have illegals here in the US adding to the GDP, or business move offshore adding to their GDP?
Considering how we are being poisoned by imports, let's see how the sales go this Christmas. I have a feeling many companies may consider bringing their manufacturing back to America.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:38 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
we have all broken laws. a lot of times the laws that we break are unjustifiable and unnecessary. ever sped on the freeway? that would be tantamount to a claim that you are affecting our nation's sovereignty by breaking our politically enacted legislation. but thats a silly thought, right?
SOVEREIGNTY! Please, LOOK IT UP.

This is about INSIDERS and OUTSIDERS. Look it up.

If I planted my butt on your front lawn, I'd be violating your personal sovereignty. If I voted in your local election, but wasn't a resident of your city, I'd be violating your municipal sovereignty. Get it yet?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:39 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,029 times
Quote:
but illegals are here and theyre not going to go away, regardless of what laws are passed. so why fight the inevitable, when it is much more efficient and intelligent to go after the group of people that facilitate the hiring (read: enabling) of illegal immigrant workforces? they are as much to blame, if not moreso, than the worker.

and mach is right, the unemployment rate doesnt fluctuate much. what is your reasoning for that?
Illegals are going away and the more heat we apply more will go away. You can look for those links too and see how many have been deported.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:44 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Considering how we are being poisoned by imports, let's see how the sales go this Christmas. I have a feeling many companies may consider bringing their manufacturing back to America.
Ok and I don't have a problem with that at all, so in that case wouldn't we need MORE workers?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:46 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
but illegals are here and theyre not going to go away, regardless of what laws are passed.
Says who?

With your attitude, why do we bother with the law at all?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
i don't care who does or does not agree with me, but i object to being called a liar. perhaps you don't find that offensive, because it wasn't directed at you.
please direct me to the post so i can edit it out. ill even include an apology.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:51 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Says who?

With your attitude, why do we bother with the law at all?
Is this a lawyers forum or a forum debating EVERYTHING about immigration?
Is their a rule that says we cannot question law?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
SOVEREIGNTY! Please, LOOK IT UP.

This is about INSIDERS and OUTSIDERS. Look it up.

If I planted my butt on your front lawn, I'd be violating your personal sovereignty. If I voted in your local election, but wasn't a resident of your city, I'd be violating your municipal sovereignty. Get it yet?
planting your butt on my front lawn is trespassing, due to the fact it is private property. and voter fraud is a justified crime, nobody is arguing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration