Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Talk about the pot and kettle. This takes the cake. LWNJs
I blame NOBODY for whatever's wrong in my life.

Conversely, RWNJs claim it is:

1. Illegal immigrants fault
2. DEMs fault
3. Moooooslims fault
4. Athiests or Agnostics fault
5. People of color fault
6. Poor Peoples fault
7. Old peoples fault
8. Anyone who isn't a Christians fault
9. Fill in the blanks fault

That your life sucks.

Last edited by carterstamp; 08-06-2012 at 01:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 01:24 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
There is always someone or something that "is" to blame for the ills of this country and that is just a fact. I would hardly say that is making an excuse. The guilty just don't want to own up to that fact.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM

153 posts, read 131,352 times
Wait, Republicans care about the Constitution or the law?

The first Republican administration to take control of the White House goes right up there in violating the Constitution. Under Lincoln's administration you had the creation of an income tax, contrary to Constitutional protocol. It is Lincoln that disallowed the sovereign free states of the South to peacefully leave the Union; and it goes without saying no declaration of war was ever issued. His administration implemented a draft that lead to widespread riots. Greenbacks, fiat currency, were issued his administration. Worst of all he suspended the right to trial in several regions.

The Democrat's aren't much better. Wilson and FDR's administrations committed just as many atrocities. Republican administrations are hardly defenders of the Constitution though. Both major parties use the Constitution selectively and are quick to throw it out the window when it doesn't serve it's purpose. The Constitution has many great ideas, and a few bad ones, but for all intents it is a paper whose will has little bearing in what is done by the Federal Government. It is depressing that people believe it means anything when it was long ago stabbed and raped.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Both sides have their share of crooks, which is why I don't get involved in these left/right spats. We need to clean house, period. If they were doing their jobs, we wouldn't be in this mess. While their left/right faithful claw at each other online, they're enjoying each other's company over dinner and drinks, laughing all the way to the bank. I witness it on a regular basis.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If the country voluntarily split liberal and conservative, geographically-speaking, where do you think the criminals would choose to go, Liberalville or Conservativeville? How about the murderers on Death Row? Where do you think the drug addicts would choose to go? Where do you think the homeless would choose to go? Where do you think everyone on welfare and foodstamps would choose to go?

Which new country stands a better chance of being invaded? The one that refuses to fight, doesn't allow guns and cuts their defense budget?

Better start working longer hours. With all of the conservatives gone, somebody is going to have to pay for all of those freebie programs.
What does any of that have to do with my original inquiry?

I ask again, what are the political affiliations of Prisoners currently in prison?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:17 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,239 times
Why are all RWNJ's taking oil kickbacks and why do they hate black people? Oh wait, am I generalizing? Apparently the Op thinks all people of a party are the same... Maybe you should educate yourself.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:14 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Why do RWNJs insist on blaming the "other side" for everything that's wrong in their lives?
Well they can't blame the Bush administration can they? That's Obama's mantra.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Why are all RWNJ's taking oil kickbacks and why do they hate black people? Oh wait, am I generalizing? Apparently the Op thinks all people of a party are the same... Maybe you should educate yourself.
Oh my, that's pretty much in the same line of thinking as poster carterstamp.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:36 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
Wait, Republicans care about the Constitution or the law?

The first Republican administration to take control of the White House goes right up there in violating the Constitution. Under Lincoln's administration you had the creation of an income tax, contrary to Constitutional protocol. It is Lincoln that disallowed the sovereign free states of the South to peacefully leave the Union; and it goes without saying no declaration of war was ever issued. His administration implemented a draft that lead to widespread riots. Greenbacks, fiat currency, were issued his administration. Worst of all he suspended the right to trial in several regions.

The Democrat's aren't much better. Wilson and FDR's administrations committed just as many atrocities. Republican administrations are hardly defenders of the Constitution though. Both major parties use the Constitution selectively and are quick to throw it out the window when it doesn't serve it's purpose. The Constitution has many great ideas, and a few bad ones, but for all intents it is a paper whose will has little bearing in what is done by the Federal Government. It is depressing that people believe it means anything when it was long ago stabbed and raped.
You raise a valid point, but history has many examples of natons usually regarded as tested democraces occasionally lapsing when their survival hung in the balance.

What disturbs me at present, however, is the near-complete absence of any original or independent thinking on the part of the three most recent Democratic appointees to the Sujpreme Court. Justices Warren, White, Stevens and Scalia all displayed the ability to think differently from the Adminstration that appointed them --- but nary a peep from the Demo-clones.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-07-2012 at 01:55 AM..

Old 08-07-2012, 08:29 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
I actually vote Democrat most of the time, though I don't vote a straight party ticket EVER (voted Obama in '08 but also for Pete Sessions for Congress).

I don't consider myself lawless OR non law-abiding.

There are plenty of left-leaning voters out there who are sympathetic to the anti-illegal position, whether they identify as Democrats or not...attacking them isn't going to do us any favors. This is an issue that crosses party lines, let's please try to bear that in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration