U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,304,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There's one salient point you have conveniently omitted. All of those people were/are citizens of this country, and entitled to equal rights. For the umpteenth time, illegal aliens have no such rights. How could they? They don't even have a "right" to be here. Again, I consider it an affront to women, black Americans, and gays to be compared to foreign interlopers, ID thieves, frauds, and parasites. So, no, a valid comparison does not exist. They should thank us for our generosity and return home to fight for equality. We have been used and abused enough.
You are so spot on as usual Benicar;

Amazing is it not, how some seem to twist the idea of legal versus illegal. For the umpteenth time, they have to get it, but just don't accept it, that is the deal, they don't and won't accept it.

I guess some were never taught from the time they were little, about right and wrong, legal and illegally. I was.

Your right even those of us who don't even get this issue, we have been used and abused, over and over again! Doubt things will change for the better, if this administration and Obama should win election, we are doomed. Things will get better, but not for us.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 12:27 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Civil Rights? Women Suffrage? Good way to completely twist the truth. We are comparing citizens to no citizens not race or gender.

I would like to ask LUIS GUTIEREZ who he would deport. He seems to be against ANY DEPORTATIONS and ANY removals. He is against Secure Communities, against E-Verify....against 287g, against funding border security, against increasing funding for deportations and workplace audits. He is against the Dream Memos stated new deportation goals of Criminals, Fugitive Aliens, Repeat Crossers and newly arrived.
I wonder -- is he for unlimited illegal immigration from countries like Haiti and all the African nations?

I suspect he wants unlimited immigration for anyone from a hispanic nation but that's it.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
It is not an altogether improper comparison. The purpose of the 14th amendment was to clarify that a citizen needn't be white, and the civil rights movement was to fix lingering issues regarding the unequal treatment between citizens. Women's suffrage likewise was dealing with the unequal political rights of men and women. This new movement is yet another attempt to rectify perceived inequalities of political rights.

Whether you agree that these inequalities actually exist or how they should be dealt with is a separate, albeit related, matter. There certainly is a like between all three movements. Or perhaps it'd be better to include the LBGT movement as well? The women's suffrage movement dealt with the perceived inequalities between men and women, but didn't deal with the various other genders or sexual orientations. Gays weren't allowed to legally migrate to the USA until a revision in immigration law in 1990, if memory serves. Even now it is harder for a same-sex couples to sponsor the migration of one of the spouses versus opposite-sex couples.

Oh well. It isn't like Rubio is really a crusader for illegal aliens. He's just testing the waters to see if the Republican party can gain more votes by softening their rhetoric on the issue.
There is no comparison. A person has no choice in whether they're black, or not. They have no choice in whether they're female, or not, but they do have a choice as to whether they enter this country illegally, or not.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:55 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,556,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
It is not an altogether improper comparison. The purpose of the 14th amendment was to clarify that a citizen needn't be white, and the civil rights movement was to fix lingering issues regarding the unequal treatment between citizens. Women's suffrage likewise was dealing with the unequal political rights of men and women. This new movement is yet another attempt to rectify perceived inequalities of political rights. Oh well. It isn't like Rubio is really a crusader for illegal aliens. He's just testing the waters to see if the Republican party can gain more votes by softening their rhetoric on the issue.
Go do your homework. Movements by law abiding CITIZENS for rights is one thing. A movement by law breaking ILLEGALS wanting rights that they are not entitled to is another thing. The 14th amendment was meant for citizens. What it didn't clarify is that the rights of citizens were not the rights of illegals. They didn't foresee a flood of illegals in the US.

Rubio testing waters? You don't think illegals aren't being manipulated for votes? If and when illegals get legal status, your safety net provided by this administration will be gone.

Stop latching on to the movements that belong to citizens of this country. The only people who "perceive" inequalities of political rights for illegals are illegals and sympathizers.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:10 AM

31,700 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I wonder -- is he for unlimited illegal immigration from countries like Haiti and all the African nations?

I suspect he wants unlimited immigration for anyone from a hispanic nation but that's it.
I think you suspect correctly.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:50 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,304,914 times
Quote:

I don't think Gutierez wants a bunch of Spanish people from Spain coming here tho.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:19 PM

7,624 posts, read 8,127,983 times
Gutierrez is a moron of the highest order. His constant support for illegal immigration sickens me.

At the same time he denies his fellow Puerto Ricans their right to the full benefits of their US citizenship by relegating them to a second class colonial status. A true enemy of equality.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:02 PM

2,176 posts, read 865,799 times
Quote:

Thats spot on.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:17 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,960,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Civil Rights? Women Suffrage? Good way to completely twist the truth. We are comparing citizens to no citizens not race or gender.

I would like to ask LUIS GUTIEREZ who he would deport. He seems to be against ANY DEPORTATIONS and ANY removals. He is against Secure Communities, against E-Verify....against 287g, against funding border security, against increasing funding for deportations and workplace audits. He is against the Dream Memos stated new deportation goals of Criminals, Fugitive Aliens, Repeat Crossers and newly arrived.
Is Rep Gutierrez' district made up of illegals and their families? Why is he always making news about illegals' rights?

Old 08-07-2012, 02:26 PM

31,700 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Is Rep Gutierrez' district made up of illegals and their families? Why is he always making news about illegals' rights?
I am sure his district consists of Hispanic-Americans also. He is pandering to those that have that ethno mentality just as he has. I don't think it is just about votes to him as it is to Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or