U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thanks! Clearly, I jumped the gun, and unfairly responded to his post. I guess I'm so accustomed to Frank disputing my every word, I totally misunderstood his intentions. I was wrong.

Frank, the welfare provision is new. Give them a chance to update their info.
New according to who? The biased reporter from daily caller? Stop making up claims you can't back up with facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I read this topic as Blacknight calling the OP BS from a biased source. Frank looked to give the source of the OP's info from USCIS which makes Blacknight look the fool.

The rest.....Well said Benicar!
Actually, nothing about Benicar's claim about welfare provision exists on the USCIS website. Now who looks like a fool? I still stand by my claim that the article is biased and full of sensationalism and lies.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:08 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
New according to who? The biased reporter from daily caller? Stop making up claims you can't back up with facts.
I don't know about you, but I consider a statement made on Friday "new." Not to worry, as soon as there's an official report, I will gladly post. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Actually, nothing about Benicar's claim about welfare provision exists on the USCIS website. Now who looks like a fool? I still stand by my claim that the article is biased and full of sensationalism and lies.
Yet, you return empty-handed. Where's your proof?

Old 08-06-2012, 06:12 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Based on what exactly? I mean, Frank gave you the USCIS link which actually backed up almost all of Benicars OP link. Your only objection was that the writer was biased, racist, and a lier. Now you are only claiming that welfare was not on the USCIS web link, yet still call the writer a lier, racist and biased. You might think about toning down your ideoligical ignorance for simple discussion, I'm just sayin.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I consider a statement made on Friday "new." Not to worry, as soon as there's an official report, I will gladly post. Stay tuned.

Yet, you return empty-handed. Where's your proof?
Statement from who? An "un named" official? How convenient! Lol

Old 08-06-2012, 06:20 PM

153 posts, read 108,563 times
Actually the guidelines for DACA came out Friday. If the new welfare provision came out Friday, then it would have been added with the guidelines. I wouldn't be amazed if they had plans to provide illegal aliens with federal welfare benefits, but at the time being no announcement has been made. The next big update will come on August 15th when the full process will be revealed.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
Actually the guidelines for DACA came out Friday. If the new welfare provision came out Friday, then it would have been added with the guidelines. I wouldn't be amazed if they had plans to provide illegal aliens with federal welfare benefits, but at the time being no announcement has been made. The next big update will come on August 15th when the full process will be revealed.
You obviously don't know how the wheels turn in DC. Yes, they updated the guidelines on Friday, but additional provisions were and continue to be in the works. And, August 15th is not etched in stone. If you notice they usually say should, may, expect, etc. How many times did they have to reschedule the conference call?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:40 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,550,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
Are you kidding? Illegals hit the lottery with this amnesty!!! I wouldn't be surprised to see a fully funished house and and SUV being part of the winning ticket. Let's throw in an all expense paid vacation and first class round trip ticket so they can reunite with their family after being held captive in the US. I'm mean, they do deserve it don't they???

Old 08-07-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Are you kidding? Illegals hit the lottery with this amnesty!!! I wouldn't be surprised to see a fully funished house and and SUV being part of the winning ticket. Let's throw in an all expense paid vacation and first class round trip ticket so they can reunite with their family after being held captive in the US. I'm mean, they do deserve it don't they???
Or, "better" jobs?

Check out the link.

7 daYS LEFT cOUNTDOWN - DREAM Act Portal Forum

No, they won't be competing against unemployed citizens for jobs.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:43 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,550,867 times
Quote:
Or, "better" jobs?

Check out the link.

7 daYS LEFT cOUNTDOWN - DREAM Act Portal Forum

No, they won't be competing against unemployed citizens for jobs.
From the link:

Quote:
Does anyone know how long it will take for us to receive a work permit once we submit our application? I hope it doesn't take long as I really want to quit my dead end job and look for something better.
LOL He wants to leave one dead end non-taxed paying job and get another dead end job where he will have to pay taxes (which I really don't think they take into consideration). They are in for a big surprise. Not only is there no open job market waiting to hire ALL of them, but a minimum 1/4 of their income will go towards taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or