U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:06 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The White House immigration policy would not prevent illegal aliens who have committed identity theft or have been driving cars without licenses from obtaining work permits, an administration official told reporters during a press conference on Friday.

It will also be extended to some illegals already in jail and to some who have already been approved for deportation by judges, he said.

The work permits — and the complementary access to welfare programswill also be granted to individuals “with a significant disability … or [who are] far, far below the national poverty level,” the official said.
Obama immigration policy loosens work permit requirements | The Daily Caller

I am searching for an official report. In the meantime, I'm speechless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 02:13 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
The work permits — and the complementary access to welfare programs — will also be granted to individuals “with a significant disability … or [who are] far, far below the national poverty level,” the official said.

Read more: Obama immigration policy loosens work permit requirements | The Daily Caller

It gets even worse. This is not a hospital. Don't come here in violation of our laws expecting American taxpayer provided medical care. Don't come here if you can't afford to stay here. Ugh.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:15 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Lies!! Typical MO from the anti-immigrant crowd. Provide a better source than a biased article from the daily caller! This is the same racist guy who disrespected the president by interrupting him when he was making the DACA announcement.

Quote:
In a surprising breach of etiquette, President Barack Obama's Rose Garden remarks on Friday were interrupted by heckling from reporter Neil Munro of the website Daily Caller, whose editor-in-chief is conservative commentator Tucker Carlson. Obama, announcing a change of policy that would allow the children of illegal immigrants to avoid deportation if they meet certain criteria, was interrupted mid-speech by Munro.
"Why’d you favor foreigners over Americans?” Munro shouted.
“Excuse me, sir, but it’s not time for questions," Obama responded.
“Are you going to take questions?” Munro asked.
“Not while I’m speaking.” Obama said.
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2...er-126301.html

Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
Illegals aren't immigrants. Lumping in those who disdain our laws with those who do is typical pro-illegal obfuscation. The facts are that Obama HAS handed out work permits to illegals in the middle of a recession. I'm a liberal Democrat and I'm disgusted with him. Doing so was sheer pandering to the horribly racist Hispanic lobby. Rewarding illegals when our own people are suffering is inexcusable.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:27 PM

153 posts, read 108,601 times
*shrug* All the more reason to oppose the welfare state.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Lies!! Typical MO from the anti-immigrant crowd. Provide a better source than a biased article from the daily caller! This is the same racist guy who disrespected the president by interrupting him when he was making the DACA announcement.

Daily Caller's Neil Munro interrupts Obama in Rose Garden - POLITICO.com
Why don't you provide proof that ID thieves, inmates, and those scheduled for deportation are excluded from DACA. Go ahead and try, but you'll fail. Also, they have already confirmed they'll waive fees for the "very deserving." What would make you believe they won't also add them to the welfare rolls?

Old 08-06-2012, 02:43 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obama immigration policy loosens work permit requirements | The Daily Caller

I am searching for an official report. In the meantime, I'm speechless.
As am I. In fact this make me sick to my stomach.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:45 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Daily Caller's Neil Munro interrupts Obama in Rose Garden - POLITICO.com

What anti-immigrant crowd? Are you in the wrong forum? This is the anti-illegal immigration forum. Since you don't like lies and all........

What was racist about what Munro asked Obama?

Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What anti-immigrant crowd? Are you in the wrong forum? This is the anti-illegal immigration forum. Since you don't like lies and all........

What was racist about what Munro asked Obama?
Oh, I see you didn't get the memo. It is extremely racist for one to show concern for the unemployed citizens of this country. That's why he's a racist.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM

153 posts, read 108,601 times
The waiver fees noted by Benicar for the very deserving. Source for all excerpts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEE WAIVER
Can I obtain a fee waiver or fee exemption for this process?
There are no fee waivers available for employment authorization applications connected to the deferred action for childhood arrivals process. There are very limited fee exemptions available. Requests for fee exemptions must be filed and favorably adjudicated before an individual files his/her request for consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals without a fee. In order to be considered for a fee exemption, you must submit a letter and supporting documentation to USCIS demonstrating that you meet one of the following conditions:
  • You are under 18 years of age, homeless, in foster care or otherwise lacking any parental or other familial support, and your income is less than 150% of the U.S. poverty level.
  • You cannot care for yourself because you suffer from a serious, chronic disability and your income is less than 150% of the U.S. poverty level.
  • You have, at the time of the request, accumulated $25,000 or more in debt in the past 12 months as a result of unreimbursed medical expenses for yourself or an immediate family member, and your income is less than 150% of the U.S. poverty level.
Regarding those who are set to be deported:

Quote:
Does this process apply to me if I am currently in removal proceedings, have a final removal order, or have a voluntary departure order?
This process is open to any individual who can demonstrate he or she meets the guidelines for consideration, including those who have never been in removal proceedings as well as those in removal proceedings, with a final order, or with a voluntary departure order (as long as they are not in immigration detention). If you are not in immigration detention and want to affirmatively request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals, you must submit your request to USCIS – not ICE – pursuant to the procedures outlined below. If you are currently in immigration detention and believe you meet the guidelines you should not request consideration of deferred action from USCIS but should identify yourself to your detention officer or contact the ICE Office of the Public Advocate through the Office’s hotline at 1-888-351-4024 (staffed 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday) or by email at EROPublicAdvocate@ice.dhs.gov.
And of course regarding criminals:

Quote:
You may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if you:
  • Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
  • Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
  • Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
  • Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
  • Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
  • Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
  • Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Quote:
If I have a conviction for a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, or multiple misdemeanors, can I receive an exercise of prosecutorial discretion under this new process?
No. If you have been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, or three or more other misdemeanor offenses not occurring on the same date and not arising out of the same act, omission, or scheme of misconduct, you will not be considered for deferred action under the new process except where DHS determines there are exceptional circumstances.

What offenses qualify as a felony?
A felony is a federal, state, or local criminal offense punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or