Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:49 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,949,702 times

Advertisements

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.. oh dear lord.

I am a former DA police Officer on Fort Bliss, and I can tell you for fact there are no illegals working on the base. Are there Mexicans.. you betcha. They have the proper work visas and they are checked weekly if not daily. They are not illegals, they are here in this country legally working, once the visa is up.. they go home.

Yes there were some caught, just showing that we do in fact patrol and do our jobs here. I want to also let you know these were not workers building the base, they were workers doing grounds work, like mowing lawns and the like, it was sub-contacted out and this contractors hires the illegal labor. They have since been removed and the contract lost.

Also note that El Paso, is 85% if not more Hispanic.. I guess you could say Mexican population. So it would only figure YAHOO news would see it the way they report it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,866 times
^if you did your jobs, how did they get past the initial screening process?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yep Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sadly, immigration is one issue i do not see eye to eye with him on.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,949,702 times
They didn't thats why they were caught. DUH!

Oh if you mean getting hired.. they were not hired by the Post, or the government, they were hired by the sub contractor off post who then tried to bring them on post.. yeah that didn't work so well.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:11 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
sadly, immigration is one issue i do not see eye to eye with him on.
Obviously.......upholding the constitution and laws quite a concept he has.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Obviously.......upholding the constitution and laws quite a concept he has.
what law says that we need to speak english? what law says that they have to assimilate to our already hybrid culture? id love to know.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:23 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
Quote:
what law says that we need to speak english? what law says that they have to assimilate to our already hybrid culture? id love to know.
Me too...

Americas culture is a culture of many, do all Mexicans need to start listening to Brittany Spears and eat McDonalds?

What is the culture of America? I thought it was a mix. They already like baseball.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Upholding the laws as in illegal border crossers being deported and stopped from coming in, getting services that dont belong to them. And yes it should be our national language. I have no issue with that.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Upholding the laws as in illegal border crossers being deported and stopped from coming in, getting services that dont belong to them. And yes it should be our national language. I have no issue with that.
but paul's immigration stance calls for assimilation and english speaking. whether they come here legally or not. why should a legal immigrant have to learn english if it is not our official language and it is not legally required? same with culture. why should they have to assimilate when they can add their own culture to our country's hybrid culture? there is no legal requirement that they assimilate.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
but paul's immigration stance calls for assimilation and english speaking. whether they come here legally or not. why should a legal immigrant have to learn english if it is not our official language and it is not legally required? same with culture. why should they have to assimilate when they can add their own culture to our country's hybrid culture? there is no legal requirement that they assimilate.
Well in order to become a citizen you need to learn the basic english, oh wait instead of doing that, the just practice the answers in english and dont bother with the rest. And yes they should assimilate, and if Paul gets in they will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration