U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 PM

2,176 posts, read 864,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
I've never given much thought to it, but don't states with larger numbers of illegal aliens have over-estimation in terms of the electoral college and congressional seats given to them? About 7-10% of California's total population is estimated to be illegal aliens and the state currently has 53 House seats, and 55 electoral votes. If the census would be adjusted for illegal aliens California would have a population warranting something between 45-50 electoral votes as opposed to its current 55. Since the Presidential election is decided by electoral votes, and California is such a solid blue state, this means illegal aliens effectively give votes to Democrats regardless of whether they spend an election night watching television or commit fraud by going to vote for a given Congressional or Presidential race. By the same merit Texas has a significant population of illegals that skews its congressional representative/electoral votes upward and gives votes to the Republican party.

Just a thought as long as long as we're talking about voting.
Good post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
What is a 14th amendment birth certificate?
You would have to ask the OP, I obtained that strange phrase from their post. I think it has something to do with the nativist belief that being born in the United States somehow still doesn't make you an American.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:16 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,713,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
You would have to ask the OP, I obtained that strange phrase from their post. I think it has something to do with the nativist belief that being born in the United States somehow still doesn't make you an American.
It is in the OP. The OP is factually incorrect. It claims many states are issuing DL's to illegals, yet only links to an article that claims 3 states are doing it.

I am assuming the OP is talking about children being born to illegal immigrants in calling it a 14th Amendment Birth Certificate and then with a DL those children being able to vote. I agree with the OP, just because a child is born on US soil does not make one a citizen. Nativist belief? Even though the Obama admin has changed the defining of the FAM in regards to BRC (it assumes children born of illegals is a citizen), high ranking DoS officials state, "that if a child is born here to illegals, that child may, at best, be a US national."

Old 08-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
It is in the OP. The OP is factually incorrect. It claims many states are issuing DL's to illegals, yet only links to an article that claims 3 states are doing it.

I am assuming the OP is talking about children being born to illegal immigrants in calling it a 14th Amendment Birth Certificate and then with a DL those children being able to vote. I agree with the OP, just because a child is born on US soil does not make one a citizen. Nativist belief? Even though the Obama admin has changed the defining of the FAM in regards to BRC (it assumes children born of illegals is a citizen), high ranking DoS officials state, "that if a child is born here to illegals, that child may, at best, be a US national."
LOL, you do understand that you are wrong and that all people born in the US are automatically US citizens with the right to vote, right. It has been that way a long time and has nothing to do with the Obama administration. You seem to be confusing your dreams with reality.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:20 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
I've never given much thought to it, but don't states with larger numbers of illegal aliens have over-estimation in terms of the electoral college and congressional seats given to them? About 7-10% of California's total population is estimated to be illegal aliens and the state currently has 53 House seats, and 55 electoral votes. If the census would be adjusted for illegal aliens California would have a population warranting something between 45-50 electoral votes as opposed to its current 55. Since the Presidential election is decided by electoral votes, and California is such a solid blue state, this means illegal aliens effectively give votes to Democrats regardless of whether they spend an election night watching television or commit fraud by going to vote for a given Congressional or Presidential race. By the same merit Texas has a significant population of illegals that skews its congressional representative/electoral votes upward and gives votes to the Republican party.

Just a thought as long as long as we're talking about voting.
This is true, and it's not just CA, but every state in this country. As LR stated, this is a huge problem and a bone of contention for many. Illegals should not determine anything in this country, especially not congressional seats or electoral votes. This is why Obama wants them to stay. The pandering by Democrats is a major reason I left the party.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:23 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,713,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
LOL, you do understand that you are wrong and that all people born in the US are automatically US citizens with the right to vote, right. It has been that way a long time and has nothing to do with the Obama administration. You seem to be confusing your dreams with reality.
LOL... at me being wrong. You do realize that a birth certificate is nothing but the beginning of an ID for a person right? It has no status of the child or of the parents. Wong Kim Ark is who you are going to claim as granting BRC, here's a hint: it doesn't. I suggest you look at the FAM an understand how citizenship is something that must be proven and is not automatic. You may be assumed to be a citizen, the state may even assume you are one, but unless you have a US Passport stating you are one, you are only assumed to be. You can search in city data for the arguments I have made. Now, please explain how BRC is automatic to everyone, cite case law, or any law for that matter. HINT: There are none. Only the FAM defines it and DoS determines if one is or not.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:04 PM

130 posts, read 296,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Good point. There's like 11 or 12 million illegals in the USA, depeding on who you ask, out of a population of 330 million.

This 3.7 percent of the entire United States population has won. It's all over. Game over, man. They've won by picking our crops and washing our dishes for slave labor costs. And get some free schooling and possibly are getting rich off of welfare. Because as we all know, if you're on welfare, dude, you are loaded.
I'll let this guy explain how this is going to go from here on out. Well played, illegal immigrants. Well played.

(Some foul language and a LOT of whining.)

Game Over Man, GAME OVER! - YouTube
God, that was hilarious! lol, if only I could rep you a million times over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or