U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 12:34 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,615,075 times

Advertisements

Spare me..another sob story.

If they stayed in Mexico, their family would not be split up. Like other law abiding citizens.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:54 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,389,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
Humor me. Which culture were they supposed to be assimilating into?

Mitt Romney over there has Mexican roots and, through his father (mexican born), is entitled to claim Mexican nationality under current Mexican nationality law. He seems to speak English just fine. He's a Mormon, and that might be a problem with Evangelicals, but you needn't worry about him being a tool of the Papacy like the rest of us dastardly Catholics. I like to think that, although I personally dislike him, he is respectable to most Americans enough to support his current bid for the Presidency.

If his family has assimilated, why this assumption that other Mexicans or other migrants can't? Can you tell a migrant from a natural born Citizen on the street? And if so, how can you? Is it whether they have guns? Because as someone who has several NRA friends, I can assure you posing with guns is hardly exclusive to migrants.
Uh; Mitt was born in the US, his mother was a native born American and his father was here legally.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:09 PM

32,027 posts, read 14,783,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; Mitt was born in the US, his mother was a native born American and his father was here legally.
Yes, and Mitt's native language is English not Spanish. Therefore he is fully assimilted into American culture.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:18 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,630,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
Humor me. Which culture were they supposed to be assimilating into?

Mitt Romney over there has Mexican roots and, through his father (mexican born), is entitled to claim Mexican nationality under current Mexican nationality law. He seems to speak English just fine. He's a Mormon, and that might be a problem with Evangelicals, but you needn't worry about him being a tool of the Papacy like the rest of us dastardly Catholics. I like to think that, although I personally dislike him, he is respectable to most Americans enough to support his current bid for the Presidency.

If his family has assimilated, why this assumption that other Mexicans or other migrants can't? Can you tell a migrant from a natural born Citizen on the street? And if so, how can you? Is it whether they have guns? Because as someone who has several NRA friends, I can assure you posing with guns is hardly exclusive to migrants.
I was being facetious. The only problem I have with romney is the simple fact he is a liberal. I will not be voting for him.

Concerning our immigrants assimilating.....I'd recommend they keep their traditional values if they come here with a functional culture. I have no problem with any religion, nor am I an evangelical. I consider myself an athiest.

The, apparent, collapse of the hispanic immigrants family structure doesn't look good for them. It would seem to be paralleling what happened to the black family structure starting in the 60's. Not good for them. Not good for the rest of us.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:59 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,286,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
The, apparent, collapse of the hispanic immigrants family structure doesn't look good for them. It would seem to be paralleling what happened to the black family structure starting in the 60's. Not good for them. Not good for the rest of us.
Hispanic single mothers are on track to outpace Black single mothers.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:47 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,389,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
I was being facetious. The only problem I have with romney is the simple fact he is a liberal. I will not be voting for him.

Concerning our immigrants assimilating.....I'd recommend they keep their traditional values if they come here with a functional culture. I have no problem with any religion, nor am I an evangelical. I consider myself an athiest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hispanic single mothers are on track to outpace Black single mothers.
1 word. Welfare. It makes many people weak IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or