U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:34 PM
 
14,374 posts, read 7,454,498 times
Reputation: 8113

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
unfortunately, the black population is still the victim of judgement and oppression,
I lived around blacks and worked around them all my life, they have the same opportunities and get paid the same.

 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:35 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 711,531 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I lived around blacks and worked around them all my life, they have the same opportunities and get paid the same.
in theory, not in practice. people still have apprehensions towards people that are unfamiliar to them, in culture and appearance. its a human trait many of us have, but that needs to be unlearned and overcome.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:40 PM
 
14,374 posts, read 7,454,498 times
Reputation: 8113
I have to admit, I am apprehensive about going to the black or brown parts of town, but then thats just my good instincts, since most of the violent crime is committed there.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 711,531 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I have to admit, I am apprehensive about going to the black or brown parts of town, but then thats just my good instincts, since most of the violent crime is committed there.
can you source that claim?
 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Obama playing field
716 posts, read 1,869,070 times
Reputation: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
We are in direct disagreement here: I definitely want our borders closed and locked with provisions for controlled legal immigration
Im an Immigrant (thus far) a LEGAL one at that!!... I waited my time (3 years from start to finish), provided the necesarry papers, paid the fees, did the health screen. Picked up my green card.. No sweat!!

I support this man's perfectly sane logic
 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:48 PM
 
14,374 posts, read 7,454,498 times
Reputation: 8113
I'm not a cut and paste kinda person, but you can look up statistics from the FBI or another poster somewhere on this forum had some excellant sources posted. Or, I dont know where you live, just watch the news, take notice of who and where most crimes occur. On my local news it happens everyday, by a huge margin, darker parts of town. Facts, you should try some.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:50 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 711,531 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Im an Immigrant (thus far) a LEGAL one at that!!... I waited my time (3 years from start to finish), provided the necesarry papers, paid the fees, did the health screen. Picked up my green card.. No sweat!!

I support this man's perfectly sane logic
what if you were too poor to pay the fees?
 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
but you cant impose an unjust fee on people that want to immigrate here legally, or make them wait years to get in. it isn't right.
Life is not fair: deal with it.

I had to learn the hard way myself.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:51 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 711,531 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I'm not a cut and paste kinda person, but you can look up statistics from the FBI or another poster somewhere on this forum had some excellant sources posted. Or, I dont know where you live, just watch the news, take notice of who and where most crimes occur. On my local news it happens everyday, by a huge margin, darker parts of town. Facts, you should try some.
im not the one making the claim. i dont need to back it up. that burden is on you, my friend.
 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:52 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 711,531 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Life is not fair: deal with it.

I had to learn the hard way myself.
we can do our best to try and make it fair. thats certainly a thought. do you support the ideas of charity and unity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top