U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2007, 12:45 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
It's too bad they don't have enough pride in their family and country to make their own country better.
to think that one person's ability to transform a corrupt, powerful government reflects directly on their amount of pride is ridiculous. bush has a low approval rating. does that mean that all americans who oppose this government's actions are prideless?

 
Old 10-04-2007, 12:47 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post


I agree with Mach50! What is world coming to....
because mach can distinguish the mexican people from the mexican government. we should all despise the mexican government. and we should all despise our current american government. both are oppressing the lower class and dissolving the middle class. if canada paid $50/hr to mow lawns (and it equated to $5/hr in their economy), do you not think that many americans would go there to make a healthy living for themselves back home? perspective! perspective! perspective!
 
Old 10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,003,319 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Versus putting them on barges and sending them to China? (Sounds kind of Nazi like)

Those poor people choose to do cheap labor, Americans don't force them. For many it is an upgrade, but most of the time they swallow their pride and try to make a better life for their families.
Actually this is a good idea. Keeping in mind all illegal aliens are crinimals, just convict them of their crimes and order them to serve their sentence in China. I bet the Chinese would even foot the bill to transport them.
 
Old 10-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Actually this is a good idea. Keeping in mind all illegal aliens are crinimals, just convict them of their crimes and order them to serve their sentence in China.

Now you are just trolling.
 
Old 10-04-2007, 12:49 PM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,052,585 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
to think that one person's ability to transform a corrupt, powerful government reflects directly on their amount of pride is ridiculous. bush has a low approval rating. does that mean that all americans who oppose this government's actions are prideless?
It's not one person, there are 12-20 million illegal immigrants in this country and together they should have enough pride to join forces in Mexico and change their government. Look at the gains those against illegal immigration have made by joining forces.
 
Old 10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,971,445 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I love this comment:

"There is a tsunami, not a thunderstorm, coming toward us, and I don't think the government has a plan," said Rodriguez, coordinator of the Coalition for the Political Rights of Mexicans Abroad, which has members in Chicago, Los Angeles and Houston. "What will Mexico do with so many unhappy, desperate people? Mexico is simply not prepared for what's coming next."

We sure were not prepared for the tsunami of illegal immigrants and I for one am happy the tide has turned and as long as we keep up the fight we may get America back.
Damn straight. Why should WE be the release valve for Mexico's poor?
 
Old 10-04-2007, 12:57 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Damn straight. Why should WE be the release valve for Mexico's poor?
because we have the resources and wealth necessary to help make a change.
 
Old 10-04-2007, 12:58 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
It's not one person, there are 12-20 million illegal immigrants in this country and together they should have enough pride to join forces in Mexico and change their government. Look at the gains those against illegal immigration have made by joining forces.
they dont have a basic right to protest in mexico. they are very often harmed or killed. i can understand why people are reluctant to risk their lives. i would be. its why i dont smoke weed in front of cops despite my belief that drugs should be legal.
 
Old 10-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
because we have the resources and wealth necessary to help make a change.
And the room...

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/Images/us_population_2005_lrg.jpg (broken link)
 
Old 10-04-2007, 01:00 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Reputation: 22514
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
because mach can distinguish the mexican people from the mexican government. we should all despise the mexican government. and we should all despise our current american government. both are oppressing the lower class and dissolving the middle class. if canada paid $50/hr to mow lawns (and it equated to $5/hr in their economy), do you not think that many americans would go there to make a healthy living for themselves back home? perspective! perspective! perspective!
And you are expecting the US government to fix the Mexican government through "policies". Do you not know that they are in bed together? As far as they are both concerned, there isn't anything that needs to be fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top