U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:03 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
because we have the resources and wealth necessary to help make a change.
So does Mexico.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And you are expecting the US government to fix the Mexican government through "policies". Do you not know that they are in bed together? As far as they are both concerned, there isn't anything that needs to be fixed.
Yes they are both corrupt, but Mexico is worse.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Quote:
they dont have a basic right to protest in mexico. they are very often harmed or killed. i can understand why people are reluctant to risk their lives. i would be. its why i dont smoke weed in front of cops despite my belief that drugs should be legal.

Since Mexico depends on the tourist industry, maybe we should put sever sanctions on Mexico until they treat their people right. I still think if 12 million were forced back into Mexico after having had a taste of decent living conditions they would rise up against the Mexican government and make their demands to the givernment that is actually responsible for them.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
So does Mexico.
The Top 5% do. The citizens do not get any part of that, obviously that is the main problem.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Since Mexico depends on the tourist industry, maybe we should put sever sanctions on Mexico until they treat their people right. I still think if 12 million were forced back into Mexico after having had a taste of decent living conditions they would rise up against the Mexican government and make their demands to the givernment that is actually responsible for them.
Maybe in the next 50 years, those things take time, I just don't think it is going to happen fast enough for the people.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
The Top 5% do. The citizens do not get any part of that, obviously that is the main problem.

And just how is that my problem? They should rise up against their OWN government and leave us the hell out of it.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:22 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Quote:
And just how is that my problem? They should rise up against their OWN government and leave us the hell out of it.
it is pure luck that you were born here and not there. you should appreciate that luck, and use your lucky position to make good for those unlucky. it's called charity, humanitarism, heart. all admirable qualities for any person to have.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
it is pure luck that you were born here and not there. you should appreciate that luck, and use your lucky position to make good for those unlucky. it's called charity, humanitarism, heart. all admirable qualities for any person to have.
I am lucky, but that doesn't change the fact that there is not enough room in this country to take in the entire world's poor. I don't see you adopting orphaned AIDS babies from Africa...but by the grace of god you're not one. Same thing. Glass houses, ghost. Glass houses.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:46 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Quote:
I am lucky, but that doesn't change the fact that there is not enough room in this country to take in the entire world's poor. I don't see you adopting orphaned AIDS babies from Africa...but by the grace of god you're not one. Same thing. Glass houses, ghost. Glass houses.
man, i give to the poor how i can. im not exactly a fat rich american. i am considered poor myself.

and the united states DOES have the room. we rank 172nd in population density. europe ranks 88th. are you claiming we can not thrive with the same population density as europe? if so, how is it possible for them to thrive?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
man, i give to the poor how i can. im not exactly a fat rich american. i am considered poor myself.

and the united states DOES have the room. we rank 172nd in population density. europe ranks 88th. are you claiming we can not thrive with the same population density as europe? if so, how is it possible for them to thrive?
LOL, I am getting the feeling that you NEVER took a college-level geography class. I did. I could waste my time telling you why your argument is asinine, but would you even understand it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration