U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 03:40 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
I can't speak for the Obama administration, but I should hope you aren't implying Dreamers or their movement would want to see this girl deported. This is a perfect example of why DACA isn't enough and there needs to be immigration reform to fix the broken system. Even the DREAM Act is a halfway compromise.
Illegals and their advocates do not care about anyone other than illegals. The only reason they care about illegals is because most illegals are hispanic. It's sheer racism on their part. We're in the middle of a recession. The only immigration reform we need is enforcement of our laws. If you are here illegally you should NEVER be considered for American citizenship unless you have some sort of outstanding qualifications that we need and want. The average illegal is a poorly educated Mexican with several children who does not speak English. Our society and his would be better off if he stopped thumbing his nose at our laws and went home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 PM

632 posts, read 959,728 times
This is being blown out of proportion. I find it hard to believe she well be deported as I know several people who were in a similar position that applied, were accepted, and once they acquired their Green Cards, applied to be a citizen and are now living here in the US as citizens.

Really stupid if she didn't know the laws and didn't bother to apply to prevent this from happening in the first place. However, I am doubtful that she well be deported.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:01 PM

153 posts, read 108,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Illegals and their advocates do not care about anyone other than illegals.
I do? I was sure I had several friends who were citizens that I care for deeply.

Quote:
The only reason they care about illegals is because most illegals are hispanic. It's sheer racism on their part.
Who is they? Illegals and their advocates? I was unaware I didn't care about those illegals who were of Asiatic, Irish, Canadian, or from Kypton.

Quote:
We're in the middle of a recession. The only immigration reform we need is enforcement of our laws.
Yes, yes we are in a recession. Reducing the labour supply wouldn't help fix it one bit. I've heard several theories on the business cycle, and I've yet to see one that suggests reducing the labour supply as a remedy.

Quote:
If you are here illegally you should NEVER be considered for American citizenship unless you have some sort of outstanding qualifications that we need and want.
We?

Aside from this collectivist view of things, I find it humorous that you know what is needed or wanted. It is clear from the employment of illegals that there are employers who both want and demand their labour. Are you saying you know better than these employers on what they want, need, or demand? It's a shame you weren't the head of the Soviet Union. They could have used a central planner like you!

Quote:
The average illegal is a poorly educated Mexican with several children who does not speak English.
He is? Again, what incentive does the migrant have not to learn English? To the contrary he has incentive to do for his own self-gain. As I've noted several times, in California (where a significant portion of illegals live) there are countless migrant communities. English acts as a lingua franca that allows them to communicate with one another to trade. A migrant who doesn't know English, even if a broken version of it, is one who loses from quite a bit of business. It may be hard for the illegal to learn English, but we shouldn't assume that he makes no genuine effort to do so with his incentives.

And why do you assume education of one sort is what is needed? The curriculum of the modern high school is, to be frank, useless in the job market for many of those who pass through it. There is a place in the economy for low skilled labourers, just as there is a place for those in semi- or highly skilled professions.

Quote:
Our society and his would be better off if he stopped thumbing his nose at our laws and went home.
But he is home.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:31 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:
I do? I was sure I had several friends who were citizens that I care for deeply.
You're an illegal? I don't read your posts that often as they all sound alike and thus sort of silly and boring. If you are, you should stop breaking our laws and go home if you are. You have no right to be here. It's disgusting that you are openly breaking our laws and whining that Americans dare ask you to obey them.

Ew.

If you're just an advocate you tell your illegal friends they have no right to be here.

Quote:
Who is they? Illegals and their advocates? I was unaware I didn't care about those illegals who were of Asiatic, Irish, Canadian, or from Kypton.
La Raza, LULAC and many hispanic leaders including Guetierrez and Robert Menendez. About eighty percent of all illegals are hispanic. That's the only reason hispanic leaders support illegal immigration. If the majority were from other ethnic groups they would enjoy no support at all in the hispanic community. It's racism and nothing else.

Quote:
Yes, yes we are in a recession. Reducing the labour supply wouldn't help fix it one bit. I've heard several theories on the business cycle, and I've yet to see one that suggests reducing the labour supply as a remedy.
Your right wing political delusions remain as unconvincing as ever. If the Mexicans were so economically valuable Mexico would be demanding they return. We have millions of unemployed people who would easily fill the jobs Mexicans are not entitled to violate our labor laws to keep.

Quote:
We?

Aside from this collectivist view of things, I find it humorous that you know what is needed or wanted. It is clear from the employment of illegals that there are employers who both want and demand their labour. Are you saying you know better than these employers on what they want, need, or demand? It's a shame you weren't the head of the Soviet Union. They could have used a central planner like you!
Yes, we Americans. Not you foreigners and your supporters who have invaded our country. I find it repulsive you think you should be able to dictate American labor laws or work policies. Many of our worst employers want slaves. Failing that they want a docile labor force that works for as little as possible. I have no idea why you think Americans should be punished to meet the needs of those who view their fellow Americans as peons. Or to serve the economic needs of foreigners who should have no say in our society.

Quote:
He is? Again, what incentive does the migrant have not to learn English? To the contrary he has incentive to do for his own self-gain. As I've noted several times, in California (where a significant portion of illegals live) there are countless migrant communities. English acts as a lingua franca that allows them to communicate with one another to trade. A migrant who doesn't know English, even if a broken version of it, is one who loses from quite a bit of business. It may be hard for the illegal to learn English, but we shouldn't assume that he makes no genuine effort to do so with his incentives.
And as was explained to you in the previous thread many illegals don't learn English because they don't think they need to and they are lazy. Worse, our government caters to their lazy arrogance by printing documents in Spanish, hiring interpreters and lecturing Americans on our need to learn Spanish to meet their needs. My local cable television company has about fifteen channels in Spanish and brags to me that they are adding more. My local school district prints documents in Spanish. I go to the local mall and see signs everywhere in the language. My daughters are being forced to learn Spanish as a foreign language even though I would much rather they learn a more useful language like French or Chinese.

Under those circumstances illegals don't bother because they are not here to assimilate. They are here to colonize.

Quote:
And why do you assume education of one sort is what is needed? The curriculum of the modern high school is, to be frank, useless in the job market for many of those who pass through it. There is a place in the economy for low skilled labourers, just as there is a place for those in semi- or highly skilled professions. But he is home.
Home for most illegals is Mexico. It is not America merely because they believe that violating our laws should allow them to stay. If you really are an illegal that explains your attitude towards education. That's the problem with many illegals: they view education as unnecessary. Worse they believe Americans should subsidize their disinterest and contempt of it (and the resulting crappy jobs they wind up taking because they are incapable of doing anything else) with higher taxes and access to our welfare state.

It's bad enough we have Americans with such an attitude. The last thing we need is to import more people determined to be members of our underclass and prop up dictators abroad and slimeballs in Mexico.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:29 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,560,188 times
Its good that she got the chance to stay, but can you just imagine how many others in her case fall through the cracks when it isn't an election year?

Old 08-12-2012, 08:29 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
The tone of your initial post implied a difference between those whose parents came over and overstayed their visas or entered without inspection versus those who entered on a visa and hadn't overstayed. It was unclear if this implication was there, or simply an unintended tone.

For example this portion sounds to imply there is a difference between this girl and Dreamers. I don't see the difference. The girl is a potential overstayer - although luckily it seems she won't be deported or acrue unlawful presence. Several other dreamers were brought over legally and, when faced with similar scenarios, overstayed their legal presence rather than go somewhere they didn't consider home.
Tone? What tone? There's no need to "imply" anything. There IS a difference between legal and illegal, and they should be treated accordingly. And, let's deal with the facts, and not what "potentially" may occur.

But, that wasn't your question. Nor was it what you alleged I might be implying. So, why have you flipped the script?

Allow me to refresh your memory. . . .

Quote:
I can't speak for the Obama administration, but I should hope you aren't implying Dreamers or their movement would want to see this girl deported. This is a perfect example of why DACA isn't enough and there needs to be immigration reform to fix the broken system. Even the DREAM Act is a halfway compromise.

Quote:
I do concede that I am disappointed in those dreamers who have... elitist views when comparing themselves to others.
Nothing new. That's their normal arrogant and selfish behavior. I would think you would realize this from your association with that group.

Quote:
Again, a perfect example of why the DREAM Act and DACA are imperfect. Visa overstayers, as she would have been if she refused to self-deport to a place she didn't presumably consider home or receiving benefit last minute, will not benefit from DACA if their visas expired after June 15th 2012. It doesn't take into account those who aged out either; the original dreamers are reaching their 30s and DACA has only helped out those who are 2nd or 3rd generation.

The DREAM Act too, as you put it, helps 'illegals' more so than 'legals'. Both are imperfect solutions and the immigration system as a whole needs to be overhauled. Contrary to claims by certain people, the current system is hardly generous.
Again, with the suppositions. The fact remains, she is here legally and has NOT violated our laws. Illegal aliens, both those who entered illegally and the group that deliberately overstayed visas, are all here in violation of our laws. They do not deserve equal status with legal immigrants. Nor do we need to "reform" our laws to accommodate them.

Quote:
Tell that to the several thousand illegal Irish dreamers over at Boston or illegal Canadians in the midwest. The DREAM Act is imperfect, but it isn't only for hispanics.
Tell that to the members of DAP, who prior to DACA considered their forum for Hispanics-only. While the DREAM Act may be ostensibly for ALL illegal aliens who meet the requirements, the fact remains, the majority are Mexican, and they alone have so-called "immigrant" advocates fighting on their behalf. I have even heard Obama mention how this will help the "Hispanic" community. Out of the estimated 1.8 million, perhaps a few thousand will be non-Hispanic. Let's keep it real.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:06 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,549,980 times
Quote:
I find it humorous that you know what is needed or wanted.
That is funny coming from you seeing as how you think you, at the age of 20, know: what laws we need in the US, what laws should be removed, what is wrong with the US, how iillegal Mexicans are going to save the economy by the huge contribution they will bring to this country (would that be a growth in population or once they get off of welfare?), blah, blah, blah, right up to stating that Americans (taxi drivers) should be deported. Are you saying that a 20 year old illegal knows what is good for this country, and an American doesn't?

Old 08-12-2012, 06:06 PM

25,334 posts, read 37,471,570 times
I have signed it and know many more people who are in the same boat as the OP thread...

Very sad and on top of that, an illegal only has to less than $400 and can stay while people on a 5 year E2 visa have to leave the country every 2 year which cost way more to be able to stay here legal with no path to a green card while an illegal now has a path!

Even with a misdemeanor an illegal can stay here...unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

A legal with no misdemeanor has to leave at the age of 21 !!!!!!!

But Obama only cares about illegals because that can give him the Hispanic vote...

Old 08-13-2012, 01:51 PM

14,253 posts, read 14,736,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
This is being blown out of proportion. I find it hard to believe she well be deported as I know several people who were in a similar position that applied, were accepted, and once they acquired their Green Cards, applied to be a citizen and are now living here in the US as citizens.

Really stupid if she didn't know the laws and didn't bother to apply to prevent this from happening in the first place. However, I am doubtful that she well be deported.
Gray has been trying to get her own visa for nine years, but she still doesn't have one because of the backlogged immigration system. She can now stay another two years.

Immigration officials spare entrepreneurs' daughter - Aug. 13, 2012

Old 08-13-2012, 09:16 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Compare comments on this topic to when I brought up this example earlier: "Self-Deportation" to Avoid Becoming an Illegal Alien...

Is everyone registering approval for the "Special Bill" this girl, errm, woman, received aware that it specifically makes her not follow the same rules as others in her situation? Why is that a contrast that everyone follows the "Rule of Law" the same way, and that we aren't treating people in the same situation differently? Other haven't even taken the level of a Special Bill, and still have claims that they aren't following all the rules!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or