U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 10:53 PM

2,924 posts, read 2,267,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I see you have no clue how marriage to an illegal works. It does not grant automatic legality to the illegal. The illegal is still illegal.
Clueless as most "CD experts" aren't you? Of course marriage does not grant legality. You have to petition for the adjustment of status. Takes about 6 months...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 11:00 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hourglasseyes View Post
Coming from a person with no kids and not even an education credential, tsk, tsk.

You do not know me, nor do you know what I have.

Fast Facts took about 2 seconds to google. Accept in the USA they can't go to work as children to help their family, age requirements for work and all.

Btw, the word is EXCEPT, not accept. Pathetic! lol.

Your right, this nation was founded by explorers, the natives actually helped them and were welcoming of them, to include the sharecroppers. It wasn't until one side or the other broke a treaty or agreement that things began to escalate. To claim that those persons were illegal is but an ignorance of history and poor opinion at that. You might try re-checking your Medicaid claim for your state. They obtain food stamps for their US born children.

Notice the US part in there. And just because they made a deal with one set of settlers, does not mean that other tribes were ok with this.

Our prior ancestors didn't sneak over as you claim, they actually came through checkpoints and were allowed in or received permission form their gov'ts to leave their home nations to populate their home nations new territories (the least you could do wanting to be a school teacher is to actually give proper fact vs opinionated rhetoric). 1/3 of those that came over went back because they couldn't make it here, some were even sent back without being allowed in.

Yes they did, so just because a king who had NO jurisdiction over the land said it was ok then everything was fine? No, it's not. The royalty in Europe had no right to give land to people that was not theirs.

You missed the point, it costs money to print things in every other language that then deducts from the educational abilities of the school. If you become a teacher are you willing to pay out of your pocket to print these materials?

Since most parents don't and refuse to pay for things I guess I would if I was going to be teaching.

Wow, you simply refuse to actually learn anything by research, you simply choose to deny credibility to someone that has been here for a couple of years. I suggest you try searching.

I could care less how many years someone has been here. If you are going to say stuff, then the burden of proof is on you, not the other way around.

You seem to be the one unable to refute anything, so in turn you want proof and then go into grammar issues? Really? do I need to point out yours?

Again, I never said I was perfect, nor am I putting down people that supposedly do not know English, while writing sentences in said language that are grammatically incorrect.

Many do not have fathers that are in their lives or around.

I know many americans that have the same issue. What is your point?
No, I just go by your previous comments in other forums.

Other tribes? You do realize they themselves were territorial, right? Other tribes had no say in treaties made by other tribes. They weren't all one big happy family.

Jurisdiction over the land? The natives didn't even have jurisdiction over the land. The natives didn't claim the land as theirs.

Burden of proof? Again, rebut the opinion or prove otherwise. I gave you links rather easily looked up. Did you do your own homework, or did you simply tell others to do it for you?

Then why bring it up or attempt to make a point of it?

Fatherhood: The Numbers | California Family Council My point was simple, Hispanics have a higher rate of father absence than most others. Here's another Welfare Expenditures by Ethnic Group | Heartland Institute
Quote:
Aid to black and Hispanic welfare recipients is greater in proportion to the size of their populations than is aid to white recipients. This can be seen by determining the average welfare expenditure per person for each ethnic group.
This seems to make Eleanore factually correct.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:08 PM

16,438 posts, read 18,516,574 times
Illegal aliens shouldn't even be in the country. Obama should be impeached.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Clueless as most "CD experts" aren't you? Of course marriage does not grant legality. You have to petition for the adjustment of status. Takes about 6 months...
This is a total contradiction to your first ignorant claim.
Quote:
He is an idiot. He should have found an American citizen, pay her 15 grand, get married, get you green card and get divorced. All under 3 years. He is a lawyer and he doesn't know how things are done in America? With money, stupid. Maybe he shouldn't be a lawyer after all.
There is no guarantee they will receive an AoS, since they never had documents to begin with or to change from. Only a visa overstay who entered legally can adjust status through marriage in about 6 months, or the 3 years you claim, an EWI must file a 601 and demonstrate extreme hardship on the US Citizen. Rarely is it granted, and if it is, it takes a year or more in front of the IJ and hearings to prove extreme hardship on the US Citizen, which there is pretty much no way to prove.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:03 AM

5,037 posts, read 4,183,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why don't they take those American law degrees back where they came from and make a difference in their nation of origin?
Im with you there. First thing, if he studied law, he'd realize why he cant practice it here. He came here ILLEGALLY!!!!!

We are a nation of laws, and he broke it. Yet now he expects something for it. Go back to Mexico or where ever else you came from and make a difference.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Mexicans hail from the world's 12th largest economy. They have national health care, a five percent unemployment rate, the world's second highest obesity rate and it's richest man. By world standards most Mexicans are hardly screwed.
I believe Cuba has free healthcare and the same or lower unemployment rate if not less. Why don't you move?

Old 08-16-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
This is a total contradiction to your first ignorant claim. There is no guarantee they will receive an AoS, since they never had documents to begin with or to change from. .

You don't know c**p, bud. If you're married to US citizen only prior deportation or criminal record would really prevent you from getting your green card. Adjustment of status often means from "no status" to resident alien.

Last edited by rebel12; 08-16-2012 at 06:33 AM..

Old 08-16-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
You don't know c**p, bud. If you're married to US citizen only prior deportation or criminal record would really prevent you from getting your green card. Adjustment of status often means from "no status" to resident alien.
LMFAO You haven't a clue, bud!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:41 AM

2,542 posts, read 3,529,215 times
Well they can a least become a doctor or an indian chief.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:28 PM

1,017 posts, read 553,625 times
Quote:
You are aware that it is only in certain categories and not overall, right.

I understand you standing up for your ethnicity (1/2 Hispanic), but at least be honest.
Beer? Disposable diapers? Baby food?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or