Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 12:53 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
These people spent their most formative years in the U.S. Sending them back to a nation to a language they don't speak on a culture they don't understand is just short of psychotic.
Coming to the US when you are 20 years old is hardly one's formative years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
If you spend your life speaking English in an this country with an American culture, you're as American as you or I. Forcing these people into hostile and unknown lands because you feel vaguely threatened by their existence is morally reprehensible.
There is not "threat". I highly doubt they will outshine Americans in education and work. Go to some of the websites they have created and read the posts. Not the brightest bunch I can tell you that.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:01 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
There is not "threat". I highly doubt they will outshine Americans in education and work. Go to some of the websites they have created and read the posts. Not the brightest bunch I can tell you that.
There are better alternatives to criminal deportation.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Which would be what? Prison rehabilitation? They already get passes for committing multiple crimes and serve no jail time or pay fines.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:18 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Which would be what? Prison rehabilitation? They already get passes for committing multiple crimes and serve no jail time or pay fines.
Committing a crime requires intent, and a four year old doesn't have intent or mental capacity to commit a crime.

And you probably commit three felonies a day without realizing it, so you have a very poor argument.

Like I said, you want to reduce illegal immigrants, you need to realize why immigrants are immigrants, and nut just migrants.

Like I said, a liberal guest-worker program which allows these people to move back and forth will significantly cut down on the amount of illegal immigration. Legalize and regulate. Best bet.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:13 AM

Quote:
[Konraden;25643454]Committing a crime requires intent, and a four year old doesn't have intent or mental capacity to commit a crime
That's just plain silly - a 4 year old commiting a crime. What was the intent of the 18, 20, 25 year old?

Quote:
And you probably commit three felonies a day without realizing it, so you have a very poor argument.
Commit three felonies a day you say? Clearly you don't know what constitutes a felony, but let me help you out:

(1) Drug abuse violations
(2) Driving while Intoxicated (aka Felony DUI)
(3) Property crime (includes burglary, larceny, theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson.)
(4) Larceny-theft
(5) Assault
(6) Disorderly conduct
(7) Liquor laws
(8) Violent crime (including murder, non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault.
(9) Drunkenness
(10) Aggravated assault
(11) Burglary
(12) Vandalism
(13) Fraud
(14) Weapons violations (carrying or possession)
(15) Curfew and loitering
(16) Robbery
(17) Offenses against family and children\
(18) Stolen property (buying, receiving, possession)
(19) Motor vehicle theft
(20) Forgery and counterfeiting

Quote:
Like I said, you want to reduce illegal immigrants, you need to realize why immigrants are immigrants, and nut just migrants.
Where do you get your information from? Not all illegals are migrant workers. Get back to me when you know the difference between a legal immigrant and an illegal immigrant.

Quote:
Like I said, a liberal guest-worker program which allows these people to move back and forth will significantly cut down on the amount of illegal immigration. Legalize and regulate.
Soooooooooooooo, according to you ALL illegals are migrants. FYI that's not true. What's to stop migrant workers who obtain guest worker visas from overstaying and becoming illegals? That is exactly how many illegals came into the US.

The only way to stop illegals from entering is to secure our borders and enforce the laws. Or at least bring back the laws and enforce them to the fullest extent and stop giving our rights away to illegals. Stop handing out citizenship to children when neither parent is a citizen. Stop funding their very existence with medical, food and housing. If they know there is nothing to gain entering the US illegally and they will be treated as the criminals they are, that would be a tremendous discouragement to enter and remain illegally in the US.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:08 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleynj View Post
This is a slap in the face to all immigrants who came here legally!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/us...m.html?_r=2&hp
And that is aside from the money that legals have to pay to stay here and pay for traveling every 2 yrs to renew their I-94 card, while illegals just stay and now pay less than $400 and can stay here forever!

Where is the fairness and being a President that is looking out for the citizens best interest...

nope this president is just in it for his own A$$ and how to stay as long as possible in the White House so he can do what he promised the Russians and others...free way to do whatever he wants to after he gets re-elected!

Old 08-15-2012, 05:25 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
catapaulting them back home?

Old 08-15-2012, 07:00 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleynj View Post
This is a slap in the face to all immigrants who came here legally!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/us...m.html?_r=2&hp
I came here legally and the dream act is not a slap in the face to me or any legal immigrants.
Kids brought up here, educated here should be able to work here and use their skills here to help improve America........... these young adults only know America and want to be a positive part of the USA.
What IS a slap in the face is the big corporations who use illegal immigrants here as labor or the wealthy who use illegals to do their gardens etc ..... like Romney did. Anyone really believe that Romney had no clue that his non english speaking gardener was not here illegally doing gardening....... get real.
These big companies using illegals is a big part as to why BUSH did absolutely nothing to sort out the immigration problem here.
The dream act is NOT giving citizenship to the immigrants but a work visa.......... get your facts right.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The dream act is to help the children that were brought here illegally by their parents. It's not their fault. This is the only home they know. How can we deport them to a strange land now. Deport the parents if you want but not them.
It may not be their fault but why should their parents be rewarded by allowing their kids to remain here? Strange land, my eye! Many if not most of them still have relatives in the homeland and they are usually taught their native language and culture by the parents. The whole family needs to be deported since they are all here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration