U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh please, apples and oranges And the dream act is designed for kids brought here illegally as children. I wasn't talking about jobs for adults. But if you're going to talk about jobs for the locals....let me tell you something. These locals wouldn't do the jobs that these guys do. Local guys clock out at 3:30 at the latest and don't care what mess they leave. They try and talk you into buying things you don''t even need. And they charge you abundant fees. I could tell you horror stories.
On the other hand, immigrants or maybe even illegals care about your property and treat it like their own. They are hand working sometimes working 10 hour days or more. I know that because I've had pizza parties with them. lol I can't tell you the extras that they have done for me without an extra charge.
Locals wouldn't do the work they do.
Absolute pro-illegal nonsense! I am so sick of the lame argument that illegal aliens are only doing jobs that Americans won't do. It simply isn't true. They may work longer hours and peon wages but that is only because of their fear of being reported to ICE by their employer if they don't. Educate yourself on this issue. You're sorely lacking in it.

It doesn't matter how hard they supposedly work anyway. They have no right to be here and no right to be holding any job in this country or don't laws matter to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 07:56 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Quote:
The dream act is to help the children that were brought here illegally by their parents. It's not their fault. This is the only home they know. How can we deport them to a strange land now. Deport the parents if you want but not them.
Yes its the parents fault & they should be deported & the parents should take them with them.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
If you spend your life speaking English in an this country with an American culture, you're as American as you or I. Forcing these people into hostile and unknown lands because you feel vaguely threatened by their existence is morally reprehensible.
I disagree.
How is their home country hostile lands, yet they wave their flags all over the place?
Also they do not speak English. (Lets not go here)

Old 08-15-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
They've been here since they were four. What makes you think this isn't their land?
Doesn't matter their parents left their homelands when they were adults to illegally come here. They left everything to come to America a foreign land unknown to them. The parents and kids can do the same & go back & legally apply like all legal immigrants.

Its always excuses. Yet they demand amnesty (they never apologize for being here illegally). They form groups to sue Americans over enforcement of laws. They stick together & only look out for their own kind & they discredit English as our language & culture

Old 08-15-2012, 11:05 AM

3,614 posts, read 2,951,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
catapaulting them back home?
Cannons are faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That's just plain silly - a 4 year old commiting a crime. What was the intent of the 18, 20, 25 year old?
None of those are covered by this act.

Quote:
Commit three felonies a day you say? Clearly you don't know what constitutes a felony, but let me help you out:

(1) Drug abuse violations
(2) Driving while Intoxicated (aka Felony DUI)
(3) Property crime (includes burglary, larceny, theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson.)
(4) Larceny-theft
(5) Assault
(6) Disorderly conduct
(7) Liquor laws
(8) Violent crime (including murder, non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault.
(9) Drunkenness
(10) Aggravated assault
(11) Burglary
(12) Vandalism
(13) Fraud
(14) Weapons violations (carrying or possession)
(15) Curfew and loitering
(16) Robbery
(17) Offenses against family and children\
(18) Stolen property (buying, receiving, possession)
(19) Motor vehicle theft
(20) Forgery and counterfeiting
It's rhetoric, but remains, that the average person commits a misdemeanor crime or greater, of some kind, three times a day. There are literally thousands of criminal codes on the books, and the odds of innocently breaching one is remarkably high.

Quote:
Where do you get your information from? Not all illegals are migrant workers.
Some 10 million undocumented workers in the country alone, most of them working in the agriculture field. That's seasonal, and while I don't recall the documentary in particular, most farm-hands had no jobs over the course of winters and off-seasons, but it was too expensive and risky to go back to Mexico, so they didn't.

Quote:
Get back to me when you know the difference between a legal immigrant and an illegal immigrant.
How many illegal immigrants do you think are here soaking themselves in fine scotch and smoking Cuban cigars?

Quote:
Soooooooooooooo, according to you ALL illegals are migrants. FYI that's not true. What's to stop migrant workers who obtain guest worker visas from overstaying and becoming illegals? That is exactly how many illegals came into the US.
That might be how they come into the U.S., but it doesn't state anything about how to get out. Getting in is the easy part, but if it's prohibitively expensive to get in, say, through Coyotes or through these work visas, why take the risk and expense to leave to Mexico in the off season?

Quote:
The only way to stop illegals from entering is to secure our borders and enforce the laws. Or at least bring back the laws and enforce them to the fullest extent and stop giving our rights away to illegals.
Our rights are not a finite resource, get real.

Quote:
Stop handing out citizenship to children when neither parent is a citizen. Stop funding their very existence with medical, food and housing. If they know there is nothing to gain entering the US illegally and they will be treated as the criminals they are, that would be a tremendous discouragement to enter and remain illegally in the US.
Determent policies have never worked in the United States for anything. What makes you think they'll magically work for illegal immigrants?

Better yet, why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I disagree.
How is their home country hostile lands, yet they wave their flags all over the place?
Also they do not speak English. (Lets not go here)
Are you basing your entire argument of illegal immigrants on a stereotype?

Quote:
Doesn't matter their parents left their homelands when they were adults to illegally come here. They left everything to come to America a foreign land unknown to them. The parents and kids can do the same & go back & legally apply like all legal immigrants.
The parents can--they know the language and culture and are better suited to adapt. We're not talking adults, or young children, we are talking about teens generally (and eventually later) who grew up in this country as much as any other American child, who for all intents and purposes are as American as you or I, with the exception being immigrant status. I have no problem with them being here, and affording them legal protection and recourse means they can contribute even more to the country. There is no loss to having them here.

Quote:
Its always excuses. Yet they demand amnesty (they never apologize for being here illegally). They form groups to sue Americans over enforcement of laws. They stick together & only look out for their own kind & they discredit English as our language & culture
Seriously, why do you people argue with stereotypes?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Cannons are faster.

None of those are covered by this act.

It's rhetoric, but remains, that the average person commits a misdemeanor crime or greater, of some kind, three times a day. There are literally thousands of criminal codes on the books, and the odds of innocently breaching one is remarkably high.

Some 10 million undocumented workers in the country alone, most of them working in the agriculture field. That's seasonal, and while I don't recall the documentary in particular, most farm-hands had no jobs over the course of winters and off-seasons, but it was too expensive and risky to go back to Mexico, so they didn't.

How many illegal immigrants do you think are here soaking themselves in fine scotch and smoking Cuban cigars?

That might be how they come into the U.S., but it doesn't state anything about how to get out. Getting in is the easy part, but if it's prohibitively expensive to get in, say, through Coyotes or through these work visas, why take the risk and expense to leave to Mexico in the off season?

Our rights are not a finite resource, get real.

Determent policies have never worked in the United States for anything. What makes you think they'll magically work for illegal immigrants?

Better yet, why bother?

Are you basing your entire argument of illegal immigrants on a stereotype?

The parents can--they know the language and culture and are better suited to adapt. We're not talking adults, or young children, we are talking about teens generally (and eventually later) who grew up in this country as much as any other American child, who for all intents and purposes are as American as you or I, with the exception being immigrant status. I have no problem with them being here, and affording them legal protection and recourse means they can contribute even more to the country. There is no loss to having them here.

Seriously, why do you people argue with stereotypes?

Why do you put illegals above our laws? What makes them better than legal immigrants?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:21 AM

3,614 posts, read 2,951,040 times
Quote:
Why do you put illegals above our laws? What makes them better than legal immigrants?
The laws are only as good as the purpose they serve and the respect they receive, and in this case, it ain't much. We have millions of illegal immigrants here, many--if not most--would return to Mexico in the off seasons. Others are just trying to work like the rest of us, which is in and of itself a noble goal. It's called being pragmatic.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
1.8 million can download and turn in their applications today and turn them in.
Most new programs take months to get a process defined, employees hired and trained before they bring it online.
But not this one. I guess it had to be done before elections to show that this was not another broken promise.

Up to 1.8 million applications. And how quickly that 800K turned into 1.8 million.
These applications will more than likely just be rubber stamped and approved.
They'll just screen them on the back end when they enter the criminal justice system and then revoke their status.

And the members of Congress remain silent on what was done.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:27 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,550,867 times
Quote:
[Konraden;25648565]None of those are covered by this act.

Go back to your post. You said that a person commits at least three felonies every day. I pointed out 20 incidents that constitute a felony. If every person was committing at least three felonies a day there would be mayhem in the US.

Quote:
Not true.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:44 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,125,167 times
Quote:
And how much extra would that be Frank. Have you figured it out exactly
I got an e-mail from a California teacher who became unemployed and sat down and figured it out. The cost of medical, housing, welfare, school, etc. etc. etc. for a person who is working for about $8 an hour and paying no taxes is between $20 and $30 an hour that has to be paid by the American taxpayer and borrowed from China because we don't have the money.

It is fine to not be heartless unless you have no choice. Our country is about to be destroyed by having to support these people and you are calling us heartless. I will tell you who is heartless. Heartless is a person who has no loyalty to the legal citizens of this country. Heartless is a president that takes care of the needs of people he is not responsible for before he looks out for the needs of his legal citizens. Heartless is a traitor to his own country.

I say it is time to ask every person running for any office in the land how he stands on illegals being in this country. And if he cannot stand tall and say it is time to rid our country of those that are here illegally, then he does not deserve one vote. I think this will continue until we let our candidates know we have had enough and they are not getting our vote if they are not loyal to the citizens of this country. No one that lets this situation continue is a loyal citizen.

I am starting with Romney and Obama. If you do not support the legal citizens by protecting us from the invaders, I will write in the name of someone else. Traitors do not deserve to be supported.

Last edited by NCN; 08-15-2012 at 11:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or