Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 08:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

I don't think in any ways Americans are heartless. Talk to their parents who come to this Country illegally. If they had a heart, they would come to this Country, by all means, by legal measures.
And families would not be torn apart, because of their selfishness. Do it the way so many of our Ancestors did, pisses us the hell off.

Special treatment should not be rewarded, to those who break the law. At least that was what i was taught. I don't see any other Country, taking in illegal Americans into their Country, and then rewarding them, do any of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 08:43 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's no one's fault. And your taxes go to a lot of things that I'm sure you don't support or believe in. To most of these kids the US is all they know as home. You can't be so heartless can you?
Well thank you for agreeing it isn't my fault, will you pay extra to the IRS this year for me?
The blame falls upon the parents.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:45 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
not their fault? - tough.

It's not my fault I wasn't born to be a superstar sports player either - but who's giving me a break?

deport them now, and free up jobs for the locals!
Oh please, apples and oranges And the dream act is designed for kids brought here illegally as children. I wasn't talking about jobs for adults. But if you're going to talk about jobs for the locals....let me tell you something. These locals wouldn't do the jobs that these guys do. Local guys clock out at 3:30 at the latest and don't care what mess they leave. They try and talk you into buying things you don''t even need. And they charge you abundant fees. I could tell you horror stories.
On the other hand, immigrants or maybe even illegals care about your property and treat it like their own. They are hand working sometimes working 10 hour days or more. I know that because I've had pizza parties with them. lol I can't tell you the extras that they have done for me without an extra charge.
Locals wouldn't do the work they do.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,945 times
I've an idea.

why don't all those who think illegals should be given special treatment do the following:

head down to El Salvador, Honduras or Mexico with little money, and then wait for the work offers, free housing and medical treatment etc..
see how long you will last!

BTW- can foreigners recieve welfare in these places, as I quite fancy the life of a beach bum in a nice tropical location - I hear Costa Rica is nice

Old 08-14-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well thank you for agreeing it isn't my fault, will you pay extra to the IRS this year for me?
The blame falls upon the parents.
And how much extra would that be Frank. Have you figured it out exactly

Old 08-14-2012, 08:50 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
and how much extra would that be frank. Have you figured it out exactly
$6.81

Old 08-14-2012, 08:51 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,945 times
Quote:
But if you're going to talk about jobs for the locals....let me tell you something. These locals wouldn't do the jobs that these guys do. Local guys clock out at 3:30 at the latest and don't care what mess they leave. They try and talk you into buying things you don''t even need. And they charge you abundant fees. I could tell you horror stories.
so how exactly does an immigrant working for $3/hr actually help the local worker;

would you accept a massive pay decrease because a whole boatload of Chinese were just let in?

Quote:
On the other hand, immigrants or maybe even illegals care about your property and treat it like their own. They are hand working sometimes working 10 hour days or more. I know that because I've had pizza parties with them. lol
wow, you must be quite the expert then! lol

Old 08-14-2012, 08:54 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,108 times
Let's play a game.

Imagine, if you will, that you discover you were never born in this country, but rather, your parents brought you here when you were four on a boat from Lithuania.

At the ripe old age of 44 years of age, your life settled, would you rather be deported to Lithania, or have amnesty for having lived and worked here for the past forty years of your life?

Imagine if you were 30.

26?

15?

Why is one okay and the other not?

Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
so how exactly does an immigrant working for $3/hr actually help the local worker;

would you accept a massive pay decrease because a whole boatload of Chinese were just let in?

wow, you must be quite the expert then! lol

What I'm saying, is that in my experience, immigrant workers are willing to go way and beyond the normal workday. Locals are not because they clock out. But they charge you enormous fees. And who makes $3 and hour, certainly no one I know.

And who had a massive pay decrease. You're not making sense.

And I ordered pizza because these guys worked until 9 at night. It was the decent thing to do.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't think in any ways Americans are heartless. Talk to their parents who come to this Country illegally. If they had a heart, they would come to this Country, by all means, by legal measures.
And families would not be torn apart, because of their selfishness. Do it the way so many of our Ancestors did, pisses us the hell off.

Special treatment should not be rewarded, to those who break the law. At least that was what i was taught. I don't see any other Country, taking in illegal Americans into their Country, and then rewarding them, do any of you?
I think the punishment for Americans who go illegally into Mexico to live may well be what their law says. That is a bullet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration