U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i realize that illegals think that they can make demands in this country, but , in reality, they aren't going to demand anything----because when supply exceeds demand wages AUTOMATICALLY DROP. in other words, "big corp" is getting HELPED by this adminstration without having to do anything.

the bigger issue here is the unconstitutionality of what obama has done, and his effort to turn america into a banana republic. thomas sowell had a good piece on it, and i hope people take the time to read it and think about what just happened with obama:

"Issues" or America? by Thomas Sowell on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

If laws passed by the elected representatives of the people can be simply over-ruled unilaterally by whoever is in the White House, then we are no longer a free people, choosing what laws we want to live under.

When a President can ignore the plain language of duly passed laws, and substitute his own executive orders, then we no longer have "a government of laws, and not of men" but a President ruling by decree, like the dictator in some banana republic.

has anybody else noticed how obama can easily shift into "victim" mode-with his "congress won't let me do anything" when he doesn't want something, but when he wants something he just issues an executive degree and everybody is supposed to submit to it.
You bring up some good points. The constant rhetoric is that it is the Republicans who want illegal immigrants here for the cheap labor and yet Obama is allowing the bulk of them to stay here unless they are felons. Kind of shoots that theory in the foot, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 04:52 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,140,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I know you're wrong about that -- the ER waiting rooms are filled with cases that are not life and death cases. Illegals know they will not be required to pay any kind of bill if they head to the ER, but a physician's office might turn them away for inability or unwillingness to pay.

Take a look in one of the ERs around here sometimes, lots of non-critical people who are not on the verge of dying.
I know what I was told in my ER when I did not have insurance or income. I was turned away as it was not an emergency

Old 08-23-2012, 05:12 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I know what I was told in my ER when I did not have insurance or income. I was turned away as it was not an emergency
Private hospital or public hospital?

Old 08-23-2012, 05:29 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
And why isn't our lovely media, all up on this story, that is one hell of a continious mess. Going to get worse, and not better, if your happy with what is going on, if you want to see more of this mess, then vote Obama. Most of us are sick of this dang crap.

So obvious where his loyalty is.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:43 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,858,306 times
I live in Illinois in a border county and Illinois is an illegal immigrant haven. I would state it is better to be an illegal here than anyone else. Our generous welfare system is not allowed to discriminate against illegals (why they consider that discrimination no idea)and the programs even state "regardless of immigration status and regardless of having a social security card". Not only do the kids get medical so do the parents who may or not be legal! In fact something like 75% of everyone on the medical programs are in fact illegals and their children. I have gone with a friend (American)to the welfare office and she was the only English speaker there. Public aid now requires all caseworkers to be bilingual because of them. Meanwhile our taxes keep going up and our governor decided to cut assistance for the elderly and disabled while increasing it for these people (tells you were his priorities are). If you are a childless person you will not qualify for any medical at all and maybe a little bit in food stamps if you are lucky. Years ago I lost my job and needed surgery and the state refused to help me get assistance to get the surgery. I eventually got a job with insurance but the damage to the knee was then worse. Illinois by all these policies tells me illegals are the most important people to them.

I am not against immigration, just do it legally and don't come here to freeload.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration