U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:58 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Talk to ABC computer man. They changed the article. I didn't misquote anything they made the origional quote disappear.

That's almost funny. Who says you can't trust the main stream media, LOL.

I wonder which number is correct? They probably just made it up in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 12:05 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,695,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
A new working class is being created right before our eyes to take the jobs of those that Obama and the democrats are paying to stay home and not work.

big corp is very happy with such a plan.. all that cheap legal labor up for grabs..

Old 08-16-2012, 12:23 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,549,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Isn't it curious that no one has seemed to have brought up the point to Obama that we don't have 1.8 million jobs to spare for these illegal immigrants? If it was brought to his attention and we don't know about it I wonder what his reply was?
You will be getting your pink slip in the mail. And some illegal will get a notice to report to work. Your last day of work will be his/her first day of work. And then that illegal will get fired in six months, collect unemployment for 99 weeks and there will be another illegal to take their place for the next six months.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:43 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,549,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I was just wondering we are a nation of laws but we seem to break the law every time we invade a country to "spread democracy". We are in fact violating that country laws (ie Irak, never found any WMD ot Afghanistan, Osama bin Laden was not even there).

Still we like to call ourselves a nation of laws.

I am glad those children are getting deferred action. A lot of immigrants and immigrants children serve in the military and evenn die for this country. Maybe this action will get the us some good karma. God knows we need it
You should be aware of the following:

Quote:
Illegal immigrants are not eligible to join any branch of service. However, non citizen legal immigrants can join but are limited to rolls as non-commissioned officers. Non citizens who serve, are eligible for a fast track to naturalization (the process to become US citizens).

The USA military will allow immigrants with a green card or visa to join the military and get fast tracked to citizenship . The key words here are: visa and green card. An illegal does not have visas or green cards that is why they are called illegals. Only an immigrant that is legal (with visa) can get fast tracked.
Read more: Can illegal immigrants join the military legally

For those getting work visas under the Dream Act they may now join the military as they will be issued a social security card which would put them on the fast track to citizenship. I don't see too many of them running to sign up tho.

You should also know that those who are applying for legal residency, who did it legally, paid considerably more than $465, have been pushed to the back of the line to accommodate illegals, delaying their status.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:40 PM

31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You will be getting your pink slip in the mail. And some illegal will get a notice to report to work. Your last day of work will be his/her first day of work. And then that illegal will get fired in six months, collect unemployment for 99 weeks and there will be another illegal to take their place for the next six months.
Well, fortunately for me I am retired. However, I am concerned about my kids, grandkids and the rest of the American workforce.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:09 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times
And while these people come out in the open another set will take their place working "under the table".
Don't think that those who pay illegals pittance are now going to go all legal. No, they will look for the next set of illegals to take their place while these illegals move up to your service, retail and blue collar jobs.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:45 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,770,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
big corp is very happy with such a plan.. all that cheap legal labor up for grabs..
"big corp" doesn't need any american workers, or haven't you noticed? they just ship the jobs out of the country and our leaders refuse to enact tariffs-therefore, we have no need for yet more unskilled labor in a dwindling labor market.

we all know that.

as patrick buchanan said so eloquently:

This is our reward for turning our backs on the economic nationalism of the men who made America, and embracing the free-trade ideology of economics and academics who never made anything.

indeed.

what the heck did they expect to happen when we are an over-regulated, overtaxed society? again, quoting buchanan:

19th-century free trade did not work out well for Britain
Starting in the 1980s and accelerating with NAFTA & GATT, the US set out to meld its economy with those of Europe and Japan and create a global economy. We decided to create the interdependent world envisioned by 19th-century dreamers.

That experiment did not work out well for the free-trade British in the nineteenth century, who were shouldered aside in the struggle for world primacy by America. But our generation would make it work for the world.

What happened was predictable and was, in fact, predicted. With the abolition of tariffs, and with US guarantees that goods made in foreign countries would enter American free of charge, manufacturers began to shut plants here and more production abroad to countries where US wage-and-hour laws and health & environmental regulations did not apply, countries where there were no unions and workers' wages were below the US minimum wage. Competitors who stayed in America were undercut and run out of business, or forced to join the stampede abroad.

and our globalist leaders still yell "forward", not looking at the carnage left in their wake.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:48 PM

3,186 posts, read 5,450,757 times
I have only one question about this. Are the illegals who are signing up being figerprinted or identified in such a way that they can never use a fake name or share their ID with others. Will the identity they are claiming for this an identity be one that can not be shared,cloned, faked, copied etc. ?If there is no solid documentation as to the identity of all these people it is just a waste of time.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:50 PM

3,186 posts, read 5,450,757 times
I have only one question about this. Are the illegals who are signing up being figerprinted or identified in such a way that they can never use a fake name or share their ID with others. Will the identity they are claiming for this an identity be one that can not be shared,cloned, faked, copied etc. ?If there will be not solid documentation as to the identity of all these people it is just a waste of time and give other illegals tools to use to fake Ids.To prove my concern all you have to do is look and see how many mexicans in california all have the same name....

Old 08-16-2012, 04:53 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,139,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You should be aware of the following:

Read more: Can illegal immigrants join the military legally

For those getting work visas under the Dream Act they may now join the military as they will be issued a social security card which would put them on the fast track to citizenship. I don't see too many of them running to sign up tho.

You should also know that those who are applying for legal residency, who did it legally, paid considerably more than $465, have been pushed to the back of the line to accommodate illegals, delaying their status.
I am sure a lot of these kids are so eager to get citizenship that are willing to do it. Also, american kids born to illegal immigrants are huge percentage of our armed forces.

I am not condoning breaking the law, but we are so full of it when we talk about invasions, yet we do not mind to do the same in other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration