Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,380,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I have gone thru several FBI check for my job and I can tell you they take very little time to run your fingerprints. Normally i-767 (work permit) requires at least one set of biometrics
No true anymore. Just went to teacher substitute training and those that didn't do their fingerprint work have a 3-4 week wait now. And this is the FBI biometric one.

Remember now is when schools all over the country are bringing back their teachers, subs, etc. to prepare and train. And more municipalities have moved over to this process. It's outsourced and not run by the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,897,352 times
what i don't understand is why this has to be such a big mess.

there were legal channels available for citizenship and millions of people used them.

when did we get to be a country that rewarded lawbreakers? how did that happen?

Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No true anymore. Just went to teacher substitute training and those that didn't do their fingerprint work have a 3-4 week wait now. And this is the FBI biometric one.

Remember now is when schools all over the country are bringing back their teachers, subs, etc. to prepare and train. And more municipalities have moved over to this process. It's outsourced and not run by the government.
for any immigration form you have to take biometrics and go thru name check.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,380,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
what i don't understand is why this has to be a big mess.

there were legal channels available and millions of people used them.

when did we get to be a country that rewarded lawbreakers? how did that happen?
With the swipe of a pen and silence from Congress.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:21 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,533,400 times
Quote:
I have gone thru several FBI check for my job and I can tell you they take very little time to run your fingerprints. Normally i-767 (work permit) requires at least one set of biometrics
Yes, very little time if you are a citizen and have a legal identity established in this country. Illegal aliens are here without legal documentation, and many are using several aliases. It will require far more time to conduct a background check. Again, unlike citizens, it also requires cooperation from a foreign government.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 PM

millions of immigrants go thru the same process every year; name check takes little time as IT tools are very advanced these days, unless your name is Juan Perez (there are millions of people with that name). Without name check uscis cannot release any id.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:51 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,897,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
With the swipe of a pen and silence from Congress.
and silence from the american people?

we certainly know the illegal immigrants are making a lot of noise, and we have all seen the pictures on CNN and other sites regarding obama's declaration.

when do we stand up for our children and their future? i don't even have children, and i see this as a disgrace to our country.

what do you tell the children about a president who decides something and declares it, and then everybody has to be subjected to it? how do you explain that you let that happen? are we a dictatorship now?

what if obama (a believer in global warming) decides we all need to pay the cap and trade tax now? (of course, he wouldn't do that until the election was over )

how insane is all that, really?

Old 08-16-2012, 06:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,533,400 times
Quote:
millions of immigrants go thru the same process every year; name check takes little time as IT tools are very advanced these days, unless your name is Juan Perez (there are millions of people with that name). Without name check uscis cannot release any id.
Do most of those millions also have several aliases, as well as stolen/fake SSNs? I think not. It is much more difficult to sift through countless forgeries, than it is to verify the identity of a law-abiding person who has only used his/her identity. You clearly don't understand the issue.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:05 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,082,057 times
The best way to send them back is to re-institute the draft. There would be a stampede and footprints on each others back.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do most of those millions also have several aliases, as well as stolen/fake SSNs? I think not. It is much more difficult to sift through countless forgeries, than it is to verify the identity of a law-abiding person who has only used his/her identity. You clearly don't understand the issue.
I have actually very deep knowledge of the issue and databases from different governments are linked (ie Interpol), therefore unless you get your namecheck cleared you can not get an ID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration