Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:24 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

Why isn't the USA allowed to have a strict immigration policy? Why aren't we allowed to protect our nation's borders?

You try this garbage in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 02:42 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why isn't the USA allowed to have a strict immigration policy? Why aren't we allowed to protect our nation's borders?

You try this garbage in Mexico.
Exactly. I'm sick of people thinking I'm racist or that I lack compassion because I want these illegal losers to go home.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:06 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
50 thousand in chicago, how will that affect chicago employment and wages? i feel sorry for the working citizens of chicago for what they face now.

multiply that all over the country and you can see how big this problem really is. i think it is safe to say that it will wind up being more than the 1.8 million that they anticipate.

if you say they won't be taking the jobs, then they will be collecting benefits and that means that the benefits already given to people will need to be reduced as it will be spread out among many more people.

if you say they will be going to school, they will be competing with american students and we know that there are only so many openings in the good schools per year, and the policy is making it difficult for our own children.

that is some crazy stupid policy right there.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:45 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
50 thousand in chicago, how will that affect chicago employment and wages? i feel sorry for the working citizens of chicago for what they face now.

multiply that all over the country and you can see how big this problem really is. i think it is safe to say that it will wind up being more than the 1.8 million that they anticipate.

if you say they won't be taking the jobs, then they will be collecting benefits and that means that the benefits already given to people will need to be reduced as it will be spread out among many more people.

if you say they will be going to school, they will be competing with american students and we know that there are only so many openings in the good schools per year, and the policy is making it difficult for our own children.

that is some crazy stupid policy right there.
Couldn't happen to a better city. They need to tell all the rest of the illegals that Rahm is offering them $1000 to sign up and live there!

Old 08-15-2012, 06:21 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Isn't it curious that no one has seemed to have brought up the point to Obama that we don't have 1.8 million jobs to spare for these illegal immigrants? If it was brought to his attention and we don't know about it I wonder what his reply was?

Old 08-15-2012, 06:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Was this for amnesty or to register them as legal voters . .. or both? LOL

Old 08-15-2012, 06:47 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
I wonder how liberals feel about scenes such as this one in the OP. I mean it's disgusting to me but I'm not a liberal.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:49 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Isn't it curious that no one has seemed to have brought up the point to Obama that we don't have 1.8 million jobs to spare for these illegal immigrants? If it was brought to his attention and we don't know about it I wonder what his reply was?
We brought it up within hours of him announcing it on this board. An individual in the press corp attempted to ask him a question but he refused to answer. The lamestream media never bothered following up and asked him evidently they were too busy harassing Mitt Romney to release his tax returns.

Maybe someone will bring it up during a debate.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:03 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,109 times
I was just wondering we are a nation of laws but we seem to break the law every time we invade a country to "spread democracy". We are in fact violating that country laws (ie Irak, never found any WMD ot Afghanistan, Osama bin Laden was not even there).

Still we like to call ourselves a nation of laws.

I am glad those children are getting deferred action. A lot of immigrants and immigrants children serve in the military and evenn die for this country. Maybe this action will get the us some good karma. God knows we need it

Old 08-15-2012, 07:06 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I was just wondering we are a nation of laws but we seem to break the law every time we invade a country to "spread democracy". We are in fact violating that country laws (ie Irak, never found any WMD ot Afghanistan, Osama bin Laden was not even there).

Still we like to call ourselves a nation of laws.

I am glad those children are getting deferred action. A lot of immigrants and immigrants children serve in the military and evenn die for this country. Maybe this action will get the us some good karma. God knows we need it
good karma? don't count on it.

it's a big issue and it is very devastating to our employment situation, which was already in trouble, with lower wages, part time hours, reduced or no benefits, and the destruction of small businesses throughout this country. do you honestly think that more people in need is going to help this country AT ALL????

breaking the laws willingly and being rewarded? invading someone else's home without their permission? making demands on people in a country other than their own? as an american citizen, i would NEVER consider going to mexico and making demands on their citizens-telling them what they need to be doing for me and how i "deserve" it.

our leaders make a big mistake when they tell the citizens that laws don't have to be followed. sometimes there are UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES to those actions that they are probably too dumb to see ahead of time, or maybe they feel that they can impose martial law down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration