Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 04:59 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I am sure a lot of these kids are so eager to get citizenship that are willing to do it. Also, american kids born to illegal immigrants are huge percentage of our armed forces.

I am not condoning breaking the law, but we are so full of it when we talk about invasions, yet we do not mind to do the same in other countries.
some of us don't care for illegal immigration or wars-and actually believe in the rule of law.

evidently, illegal immigrants have more rights-helping to propel us into wars, and staying where they are not welcomed.

don't you see the hypocrisy of criticizing our foreign wars if the illegal immigrants help fight them?

i have zero respect for a president who engages in undeclared wars, using undeclared aliens lining themselves up to get american school scholarships-all at taxpayer expense.

i see this in the newspaper today:
The policy change could stop deportations for more than 1 million young illegal immigrants who would have qualified for the failed DREAM Act, formally the Development, Relief and Education of Alien Minors Act, which Obama has supported in the past.

now i wonder how did obama get his scholarships?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 05:02 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
some of us don't care for illegal immigration or wars-and actually believe in the rule of law.

evidently, illegal immigrants have more rights-helping to propel us into wars, and staying where they are not welcomed.

don't you see the hypocrisy of criticizing our foreign wars when it is the illegal immigrants helping to facilitate this action?
this statement does not make any sense, how are illegal aliens propelling us into wars, when they can not even join the armed forces

and FYI americans are not welcomed anywhere (ie. Irak, Kwait, Afghanistan) yet we still go and invade

Old 08-16-2012, 05:08 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
I am sure a lot of these kids are so eager to get citizenship that are willing to do it. Also, american kids born to illegal immigrants are huge percentage of our armed forces.

I am not condoning breaking the law, but we are so full of it when we talk about invasions, yet we do not mind to do the same in other countries.
Anyone from age 16-30 is not a kid and I wish they would stop being referred to as children. Again, the countries we have warred with has nothing to do with illegal immigration. They are two separate issues and one doesn't justify the other. I have already explained to you twice why we have been involved in taking down their dictators. It was to benefit their citizens not to harm them like illegal immigration is harming us. When have we invaded Mexico and yet it is their citizens coming here illegally not the Iraquis.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:10 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
this statement does not make any sense, how are illegal aliens propelling us into wars, when they can not even join the armed forces

and FYI americans are not welcomed anywhere (ie. Irak, Kwait, Afghanistan) yet we still go and invade
You are quite wrong. It is their dictatorship governments that haven't welcomed us. Their citizens were grateful that we took them down. I just wish there hadn't been so many innocent deaths but war is hell.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Anyone from age 16-30 is not a kid and I wish they would stop being referred to as children. Again, the countries we have warred with has nothing to do with illegal immigration. They are two separate issues and one doesn't justify the other. I have already explained to you twice why we have been involved in taking down their dictators. It was to benefit their citizens not to harm them like illegal immigration is harming us. When have we invaded Mexico and yet it is their citizens coming here illegally not the Iraquis.
In our opinion we are taking down dictators. In their opinion we are invading and breaking their laws. It is the same principle and we can not have it both ways.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:11 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:

i was responding to your quote below:

"I am glad those children are getting deferred action. A lot of immigrants and immigrants children serve in the military and evenn die for this country. Maybe this action will get the us some good karma. God knows we need it".

so you say that these immigrants serve in the military and even die for this country-while you criticize the wars? for the record,according to the pentagon, since September 11, 2001, more than 75,000 foreigners in American uniform have become U.S. citizens.

it certainly is a pathway to US citizenship on a road that most americans don't want traveled in the first place.

most americans are tired of war, tired of transferring our wealth to other countries, and watching our own children die for countries who dislike us. most americans don't actively engage in wars-our government does- and often use foreigners to help do so.

i submit that if all americans were forced to fight wars overseas, there wouldn't be any.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am responding to your quote below:

"I am glad those children are getting deferred action. A lot of immigrants and immigrants children serve in the military and evenn die for this country. Maybe this action will get the us some good karma. God knows we need it".

so you say that these immigrants serve in the military and even die for this country-while you criticize the wars? for the record, we have had over
A lot of legal children of illegal aliens are part of the Armed forces. I work for logistics for government contractors and know this for a fact.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I have only one question about this. Are the illegals who are signing up being figerprinted or identified in such a way that they can never use a fake name or share their ID with others. Will the identity they are claiming for this an identity be one that can not be shared,cloned, faked, copied etc. ?If there is no solid documentation as to the identity of all these people it is just a waste of time.
I doubt they'll actually conduct a thorough background check, because it would require more resources than they currently have available. They already have a huge backlog for legal immigrants. Plus, an exhaustive background investigation would require cooperation from their countries of origin. They have made it clear, they don't want them back. So, of course they'll say they have no criminal record. Most likely, they'll do a cursory check, and rubber-stamp their applications. We won't know how many criminals will slip through the cracks until crimes are committed by the so-called Dreamers. But, those crimes will be swept under the rug. So, I guess we'll never actually know.

Illegals are very adept at getting their hands on fake documents. After all, that's how they've survived in this country. There is nothing to stop career criminals from entering this country today and pretending they came under the age of 16. It will essentially be based on the "honor system." And, I think we all know they are all just oozing with integrity.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:15 PM

I have gone thru several FBI check for my job and I can tell you they take very little time to run your fingerprints. Normally i-767 (work permit) requires at least one set of biometrics

Old 08-16-2012, 05:17 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
A lot of legal children of illegal aliens are part of the Armed forces. I work for logistics for government contractors and know this for a fact.
How is this relevant? We are discussing illegal aliens, not their U.S.-born children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration