U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:18 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Hence Obama making commericals for Spanish media that illegals get on the food stamp program. Obviously they aren't eating as well as the taxpayer or our very own homeless citizens.

If we shipped them back to Mexico to serve their sentence and paid the Mexican government to house them, it would be cheaper for the US. And if the US allocated $10 a day to feed one prison, Mexican government would spend $3. Then who are the prisoners going to complain to? What's the difference if they serve out their time in Mexico, they will return to the US, the same way after serving their sentence in the US and get deported to Mexico they will be back.
Every homeless person in this country could starve to death and Obama wouldn't blink an eye. He clearly doesn't give a damn about citizens considering he has offered work permits to millions of illegals while 23 million citizens remain unemployed. It's becoming difficult to even stomach the sight of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 08:39 AM

2,542 posts, read 3,529,215 times
Moochelle must have put them on the same foodas public schools.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:44 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,551,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Moochelle must have put them on the same foodas public schools.

LOL. She's going to put together the Food Police and make sure illegals and food stamp recipients aren't eating Egg McMuffins!!!

Old 08-16-2012, 10:36 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
Yeah, I was a bit distressed when a white high school aged girl walk past a bunch of Mexicans leaning against a wall with a bottle of Corona in their hand making remarks (cat calls?) and she was called a put@.
Nah, this is a little bit more personal, as it is the girlfriend's stepfather (of an otherwise tolerant family with gay and mixed-race members) trying to end the relationship based on my son's origins. The irony being that it is not evident my son was born in Mexico. He has all the characteristics of a "White" child born in the United States.

But some people can't be help for the baggage of bigotry they carry along with them...

Old 08-16-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Nah, this is a little bit more personal, as it is the girlfriend's stepfather (of an otherwise tolerant family with gay and mixed-race members) trying to end the relationship based on my son's origins. The irony being that it is not evident my son was born in Mexico. He has all the characteristics of a "White" child born in the United States.

But some people can't be help for the baggage of bigotry they carry along with them...
Calling a girl a put@ is acceptable because it's not personal? But someone using a derogatory word on your step-son is unacceptable because its personal? If a stranger said it would it be acceptable?

It's safe to assume that the girlfriend knew where he was born. Any chance the girlfriend may have mentioned it to her stepfather?

Old 08-16-2012, 11:36 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Quote:
Calling a girl a put@ is acceptable because it's not personal? But someone using a derogatory word on your step-son is unacceptable because its personal? If a stranger said it would it be acceptable?

It's safe to assume that the girlfriend knew where he was born. Any chance the girlfriend may have mentioned it to her stepfather?

Interesting that a comment made to someone YOU know holds no value.

It's been my experience that when parents try to break off a relationship their child is in there is usually a reason. I doubt it has anything to do with his origin. But some people fall back on that position whenever things don't go their way. Victimhood is a powerful tool.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Interesting that a comment made to someone YOU know holds no value.

It's been my experience that when parents try to break off a relationship their child is in there is usually a reason. I doubt it has anything to do with his origin. But some people fall back on that position whenever things don't go their way. Victimhood is a powerful tool.
Where did I say it held no value? I think you should be addressing that to IBMuseum who thinks personal carries more weight than non-personal name calling. You could see the intimidation and fear the girl had walking past a bunch of guys drinking, cat calling, making sucky noises and calling her a put@. In both instances, it's wrong.

If a parent is parenting they should be able to sit down and discuss whatever issues THEY have with the girl's relationship. Obviously the step-father and the mother are idiots if they/he can't talk to the girl and have to resort to such tactics to break up the relationship. Those tactics can work against them.

There are plenty of parents who will break up a relationship because their child is seeing someone from a certain ethnic background or race that they, the parent(s), doesn't approve of, who think that their child should be in a relationship with "one of their own". And should the child (assuming over 18) continues with the relationship and it comes down to marriage, then all of a sudden those parents will sing a different tune. I've seen enough of that over my time.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:20 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Quote:
Where did I say it held no value? I think you should be addressing that to IBMuseum who thinks personal carries more weight than non-personal name calling. You could see the intimidation and fear the girl had walking past a bunch of guys drinking, cat calling, making sucky noises and calling her a put@. In both instances, it's wrong.

If a parent is parenting they should be able to sit down and discuss whatever issues THEY have with the girl's relationship. Obviously the step-father and the mother are idiots if they/he can't talk to the girl and have to resort to such tactics to break up the relationship. Those tactics can work against them.

There are plenty of parents who will break up a relationship because their child is seeing someone from a certain ethnic background or race that they, the parent(s), doesn't approve of, who think that their child should be in a relationship with "one of their own". And should the child (assuming over 18) continues with the relationship and it comes down to marriage, then all of a sudden those parents will sing a different tune. I've seen enough of that over my time.

Sorry, you misunderstood. It was directed at IBM.

I was suprised at how easily the cat calls were dismissed but how easily he would believe the step father wanted to break them up for racial reasons considering they are a mixed race household. I guess cat calls aren't a big deal to some people. I know they can make for VERY uncomforatable feelings.

Again, I'm sorry I didn't make that clearer in my original post.

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 08-16-2012 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: add

Old 08-16-2012, 01:26 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,698,822 times
it's not a good thing to scrap taco day

Old 08-16-2012, 01:38 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

I think the mods would consider this whole conversation off topic but I'll chime in as long everyone else is. I recall a forum where whites were called all kinds of deragatory names such as crackers, rednecks, the geriatric generation (white elderly) where those in the forum couldn't wait till they died off and expressed those sentiments. Whites were told that they are illegally in the U.S. Yes I agree, some people can't help the baggage of bigotry they carry and that was just the tip of the icerberg. How good is your memory?

I apologize in advance to the mods for my off topic remarks replying to the initial off topic remark under this thread. Maybe better to delete this entire thread or we should all get 40 lashes with a wet noodle?

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-16-2012 at 01:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration