U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:35 PM

13,116 posts, read 9,205,456 times

Advertisements

IMHO, Southern Poverty Law Center = disinformation and spin, not facts

Old 08-17-2012, 08:36 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,140,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
but fair did get money from the pioneer fund, it is public record... as they are both non profits.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 PM

10,712 posts, read 3,748,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
cite a few links to support your position. I would agree that SPLC is partisan but not the it lies. Fox mostly tells the truth.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:49 PM

these are the emails sent by one of the authors of the law

E-mail excerpts

These are excerpts from e-mails Russell Pearce sent from 2006 to 2011. The American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona acquired about 10,000 pages of e-mails from legislative staff via a public records request.

"The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two-and-a-half times that of non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the U.S."

"The birth rate among illegal immigrants is substantially higher than the population at large."

"Last week, Denver's illegal aliens sang our national anthem in Spanish and bastardized the words of OUR country's most sacred song."

"Battles commence as Mexican nationalists struggle to infuse their men into American government and strengthen control over their strongholds. One look at Los Angeles with its Mexican-American mayor shows you Vincente Fox's general Varigossa commanding an American city."

"They create enclaves of separate groups that shall balkanize our nation into fractured nightmares of social unrest and poverty."

"Corruption is the mechanism by which Mexico operates. Its people spawn more corruption wherever they go because it is their only known way of life."

"Tough, nasty illegals and their advocates grow in such numbers that law and order will not subdue them. They run us out of our cities and states. They conquer our language and our schools. They render havoc and chaos in our schools."

"We are much like the Titanic as we inbreed millions of Mexico's poor, the world's poor and we watch our country sink."

(The following was taken from an e-mail with the subject What's a racist?)

"I'm racist because I don't want to be taxed to pay for a prison population comprised of mainly Hispanics, Latinos, Mexicans or whatever else you wish to call them."

"I'm a racist because I believe the News Media has a duty to tell us the names and race of criminals."

"I'm a racist because I object to having to pay higher sales tax and property tax to build more schools for the illegitimate children of illegal aliens."

"I'm a racist because I dislike having to push one for English and/or listening to a message in Spanish."

"Factual is not racial. Realism is not racism. The new definition of racist is anyone winning an argument with a liberal, minority, pacifist, bible banger, or moron."

Read more: ACLU: Pearce e-mails prove SB 1070 was racially motivated

Old 08-17-2012, 08:52 PM

here is a video of the same author of the law hugging a neo nazi leader

Exclusive Footage:Russell Pearce endorsed JT Ready - YouTube

I mean, lets just call it what it is! Be honest, sb1070 was created by some people that believe in eugenics, hugs neo nazis etc.... because they do not like people that is not white.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:13 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I really would believe that Ms. Brewer is not a racist if it not for the fact a hate group is behind sb1070 (FAIR) which has been associated in the past with the Pioneer fund, a new nazi organization focused on eugenics. So it is about race.
What does SB1070 have to do with her EO? Illegals are not entitled to state or federal benefits. Deferred Action does not grant any type of legality. Fine, you think Brewer is racist because she enacts an EO stating that the state of AZ will not issue Dl's to illegals. Are you aware that all she is doing is re-iterating federal law with her EO? Federal Law already prohibits illegals from receiving benefits and privileges, unless the state has a law granting certain benefits. Only a few states allow these benefits to illegals in a way that if a student graduates with a HS diploma and has spent at least 3 years in one of that states high schools, then that student can apply for college at the in-state tuition rate. There are only 3 states in the union that allow illegals to obtain DL's, Utah, Washington, and New Mexico. States Revise Rules on Driver's Licenses for Illegal Immigrants as National ID Approaches | Fox News
Utah has a special class of license for illegals which can not be used to drive out of that state. New Mexico Governor (a Hispanic) wants legislation that prevents illegals from obtaining DL's.

So, its kinda hard to claim racism or to somehow link this to SB1070 and neo-nazis, which this EO by Brewer has nothing to do with. Are you going to now claim that 47 of the 50 states are racist?

Are you aware that John Tanton is a Democrat and Eugenics (early 1900's) was a Democrat ideal, how do you think abortions came about and the right to have one?

Old 08-17-2012, 09:17 PM

well if you read all my post the ilri (part of fair) redacted the law. Fair, the same group getting money from the pioneer fund, a new nazi eugenics advocacy non profit

Old 08-17-2012, 09:31 PM

881 posts, read 583,384 times
We should not reward illegal actions in this country. If there are no consequences and they are just handed entitlements from obama, why would they obey any of our other laws? The ironic thing is that Mexico is very harsh on their illegal immigrants.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
We should not reward illegal actions in this country. If there are no consequences and they are just handed entitlements from obama, why would they obey any of our other laws? The ironic thing is that Mexico is very harsh on their illegal immigrants.
I do not condone illegal immigration or breaking the law. What I am saying is what are the motivations behind this law?

To me is completely racist. If the organizations behind this law, the very authors of it are so radical... it kind of makes you wonder.

I am glad I do not live there, because not being white, I would probably be stopped by LE.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:37 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I do not condone illegal immigration or breaking the law. What I am saying is what are the motivations behind this law?

To me is completely racist. If the organizations behind this law, the very authors of it are so radical... it kind of makes you wonder.

I am glad I do not live there, because not being white, I would probably be stopped by LE.
We are not talking about SB1070 here. What Brewer just did with this EO is re-iterate Federal Law. This has nothing to do with SB1070 or Pearce for that matter. You have gone so far off subject it doesn't even reflect the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or