U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 06:50 PM

31,912 posts, read 14,699,387 times

Advertisements

Everytime I hear 16-30 year olds referred to as kids blood shoots out of my eyeballs.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:01 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Everytime I hear 16-30 year olds referred to as kids blood shoots out of my eyeballs.
Ditto! Especially considering many of these "kids" are parents.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,342,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Just to reiterate, Obama grants temporary legal citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants, who essentially had no choice in there current place in life, and Brewer's response is to kick sand in their face by denying them the chance to get public assistance.

I could TOTALLY see God advocating that kind of behavior.
Uh; it's NOT our fault those Dream Act kids were here in the US; they need to cuss out their parents. If we're talking about Mexican kids which are MOST of the Dream ones; Mexico ain't that bad, it ain't Haiti. Sheesh!

Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
what her office said was this:

Brewer's spokesman Matt Benson told me, "The president doesn't have the authority to snap his fingers and grant lawful status or lawful presence to people here unlawfully. That's not possible. That would have to go through the legislative process and the usual checks and balances."

you would think.

what the ACLU said was this:

Estimates are that roughly 80,000 kids would qualify in Arizona. The program provides safe harbor for two years.

"There are people who are given more long-term permission to be in the United States, green card holders, for instance," she said, "What we have with this program -- authorized presence -- also means that they are here legally. That means that they are eligible for a driver's license. The expiration date on such a thing usually matches the expiration date on their status. Two years in this case. But there is a process in both state and federal law for that to happen. She (Brewer) ignored all that by issuing this order."

so, according to the ACLU, obama snaps his fingers and they are eligible for everything, including driver's licenses.

it must be good to be king, but probably not so good for those 80,000 citizen kids now forced to compete with obama and his executive mandates.
And, I would be willing to bet the farm they will also be included in the ACA, along with their "immediate" family. Piecemeal amnesty at its finest.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:22 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,342,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then Jan Brewer's EO does limit them to JUST the work visa and no other state benefit.
Not a thing wrong with that. Now to stop that DACA nonsense.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:07 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,536,675 times
Send them all to California and Chicago.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,389,106 times
Quote:
Not quite. I'm a very moderate independent with a slight left lean on some issues. That just *seems* radical compared to the currently insane GOP.

Not according to anything I've seen you post.

Having a lot of debt is not the same as being broke.

Please be more specific. Are you saying that people that lost their homes due to debt weren't really broke? Are you saying that when someone files for bankruptcy with their debt ratio higher than their income they aren't really broke? Are you saying the cities filing for bankruptcy aren't really broke? When you are paying out more than you are taking in, and borrowing every year to pay your bills, you are not really broke? Really?????

That's my point. There was no reason to do this, hence me calling it a symbolic middle finger.
No reason to do this? They would be breaking Federal Laws if they did. The symbolic middle finger was given by Obama to taxpayers of this country.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:26 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,389,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, I would be willing to bet the farm they will also be included in the ACA, along with their "immediate" family. Piecemeal amnesty at its finest.

And it's amazing what "immediate" family means to some people.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:52 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,778,507 times
Quote:
Just to reiterate, Obama grants temporary legal citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants, who essentially had no choice in there current place in life, and Brewer's response is to kick sand in their face by denying them the chance to get public assistance.

I could TOTALLY see God advocating that kind of behavior.
Wow, you speak for God ? Go figure that. I could TOTALLY see God advocating Jan Brewers decision as well.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:56 AM

469 posts, read 732,830 times
Good for her. I wish more states had the stones to look out for the people instead of thier twisted progressive agenda.

Illegals have done alot of damage in the SW. So Cal is awash and will never recover. The crime, drugs and some of the most vicious gangs on the planet have been tied to illegal immigration. The So Cal E/R's are full of them and the un-checked handouts are bleeding the state dry.

Seal the boarder, eliminate the anchor rule and make them wait in line like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or