U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 AM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Lol, you are just going to get attacked relentlessly by the hard liners in this forum for expressing an opinion different from theirs. They don't appreciate anyone who has a different opinion from them. They have this delusion that the majority of Americans have the same narrow minded views as them.
I guess the pro-amnesty folks never go on the attack in here, right? Do they appreciate the pro-laws opinion in here?

How is it narrow minded to want our immigration laws enforced? I think you will find that it is the pro-amnesty folks who are among the minority in this country. Why would any sane American want their country overun with illegal immigrants thereby reducing their wages, taking their jobs, depleting their resources, crowding their schools and ER's and increasing their taxes? Obama has just given 1.8 million illegal immigrants work permits (or at least to those who will qualify) during a recession with scarce job opportunities even for our own. Do you have a counter argument for that?

Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Demographically, Hispanics are considered "white" so, technically, it is impossible for white people to be racist against other white people. The argument holds no water and Brewer is my hero in spades<---- not intended as a racist slur LOL

20yrsinBranson
It depends on what Hispanics you are talking about. Hispanic is really a culture that has its roots in Spain. Those from south of our border are mostly of mixed race with a strong genetic connection to native indian blood.

People of the same race can be racist against their own race. I have seen this first hand. Some don't like their own culture and have adopted another one instead.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Blah blah blah . I personally don't know anyone who doesn't oppose illegal immigration. Finding a reasonable, smart solution to those here illegally doesn't mean one supports illegal immigration. Good luck on spreading the word to the same old 5 ditto heads on anti-immigrant forums.
What is reasonable and smart though? Is it reasonable and smart for the American people to accept another amnesty only this time the numbers are quite higher? Is it reasonable and smart to add millions of illegal immigrants to our workforce when the economy is bad and there are very few jobs? Is it reasonable and smart to reward lawbreakers?

Ditto heads? Isn't that an insult to the forum members including myself? Do you actually think there are only 5 people in America that don't want this amnesty travesty again?

To clear the air I am not anti-immigrant I am anti-illegal immigration. From what I have read on this forum so far I haven't seen anyone proclaim that they are anti-immigrant. No one I know outside of this forum is anti-immigrant either.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:53 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah . I personally don't know anyone who doesn't oppose illegal immigration. Finding a reasonable, smart solution to those here illegally doesn't mean one supports illegal immigration. Good luck on spreading the word to the same old 5 ditto heads on anti-immigrant forums.
Stop playing games. You know the difference between pro and anti-illegal. I hate to burst your bubble, but my reach far exceeds this board, and modern technology has made it oh-so-easy to communicate with many in one fell swoop. If you think this forum is my only platform for spreading the word, you are sorely mistaken.

Oh, I wouldn't start breaking out the bubbly just yet. It is far from over. In any case, if DACA is ruled unconstitutional, at least Dreamies will get their entire $465 refunded.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What is reasonable and smart though? Is it reasonable and smart for the American people to accept another amnesty only this time the numbers are quite higher? Is it reasonable and smart to add millions of illegal immigrants to our workforce when the economy is bad and there are very few jobs? Is it reasonable and smart to reward lawbreakers?

Ditto heads? Isn't that an insult to the forum members including myself? Do you actually think there are only 5 people in America that don't want this amnesty travesty again?

To clear the air I am not anti-immigrant I am anti-illegal immigration. From what I have read on this forum so far I haven't seen anyone proclaim that they are anti-immigrant. No one I know outside of this forum is anti-immigrant either.
Mature adults debate issues, while the immature resort to personal attacks.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:14 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,100,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Yes, actually that is EXACTLY what I am saying. Race indicates race not ethnicity. Hispanics can be white, latino, black even asian.

20yrisnBranson
What is race?

What is White? What is Black?

Old 08-17-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
The administration this week washed its hands of the controversy.

“Those are state questions,” said an official whom the administration made available to brief reporters on the condition that he not be named. “I’d have to point you to agencies that are responsible for issues like those.”

If the administration decides theses people should get licenses, then there is an argument that the feds are violating federal law — the Real ID Act — as making ‘deferred action’ a ‘lawful status’ is significant enough that Congress could argue that change requires congressional approval,” she said. “It is highly doubtful Congress would do that, however.”
Obama's immigration move gives states spending and ID headaches - Washington Times

No matter how you slice it, deferred action cannot confer legal status. Obama knew from the beginning this would become a state issue. But, he will go on record as being a Dreamie champion, because at least he tried. It won't be his fault if mean-spirited states refuse to embrace his policy. His hands are tied.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:29 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obama's immigration move gives states spending and ID headaches - Washington Times

No matter how you slice it, deferred action cannot confer legal status. Obama knew from the beginning this would become a state issue. But, he will go on record as being a Dreamie champion, because at least he tried. It won't be his fault if mean-spirited states refuse to embrace his policy. His hands are tied.
Obama doesn't much care about state issues. Thats why all of this will go full circle & wind up back in the SCOTUS. All of this is just a cheap political ploy by Obama to gain votes.

What really irks me about the dreamies is this. The minute Obozo came up with his executive order, the dreamies started "demanding" more . Never mind asking for, or being greatful for a free ticket. Hell no, its
like they think the USA owes them a free ride. Thats just the way it looks to me. It's hard to be sympathetic
towards someone that only knows one word.MORE

Personally Im glad Jan Brewer cleared things up like she did. The cost in public assistance (not to mention
unemployment ) would haqve been through the roof. Maybe we can change all of this after the election.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:39 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
How is this racism and hate ? Obama gave them work permits ONLY. Any "state benefits" were up to the states to decide.
AZ happened to decide first.

AZ did not deny them work permits. Just all the other benefits related to work/unemployment that citizens get.
AZ just aligned the state benefits with what the President told all of America..that they can get work permits.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:27 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Uh; YOU just might get what you want with that kind of talk. More and more people want ALL immigration from Mexico stopped so yeah; maybe you can call us "anti immigrant". Sad cause the Mexicans who come here legal ain't the problem. Yeah: I DID say "Mexican" cause MOST illegal aliens in the US are Mexican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or