U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:26 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times

Advertisements

Mexico to bolster immigrant defense | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Latest News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/100407dnmetconsulates.368b595.html - broken link)

Mexico to bolster immigrant defense

Anti-defamation league weighed as consulates in U.S. go on offensive

08:21 AM CDT on Thursday, October 4, 2007
By ALFREDO CORCHADO and DIANNE SOLÍS / The Dallas Morning News

The Mexican government is giving its consulates in the U.S. wide latitude to ramp up a campaign to toughen their defense of immigrants and plans to give them more resources as well, officials familiar with the strategy said.

Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted articles

Last edited by Yac; 12-13-2007 at 05:43 AM.. Reason: shortened, copyright protection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Hasn't this already been posted?

Old 10-04-2007, 08:51 AM

14,196 posts, read 7,402,658 times
Flying Old Glory upside down or under another flag isn't helping their cause. People shouldn't come here and show disrespect and expect a warm fuzzy welcome. Pretty much pissed off a lot of Americans, whats so hard to understand.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:19 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Eff them. Seriously...eff them. This is OUR country and I'm sick of the Mexican government eyeing our country greedily.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:49 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Damn and I had wanted to move to Boise. Looks like they are going to try and get their hands on that area with a new consulate office there. I justed posted this message on the Idaho site. I hope those folks don't take any crap on this issue.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:10 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Default Absolute Hypocrisy

Once again, without beating the issue to death, it's the sheer, unmitigated hypocrisy that I find simply beyond words. I've often commented on cultural differences, and this illustrates one. In the "anglo" (?) culture, such hypocrisy would be hugely embarrassing; but somehow the Mexican government isn't ashamed to voice this sort of stuff; not only that, but they're able to do so with a "straight face".

It reminds me of another migration, half a century or more ago, in which huge numbers of rural southern blacks moved en-masse out of the Mississippi Delta to take industrial jobs in the big cities of the North. They sought to escape the racism, violence, segregation, and poverty of the South, and they had quite a hard adjustment to city life. Their new home wasn't a paradise, by any means.

But, for all the bad examples of inhumanity that accompanied this migration, there was one huge difference with today's situation.... I can't recall a single instance in which some racist white southern landowner, governor, or politician, complained about how "Those racist people up in Chicago and Detroit are 'MISTREATIN' OUR NEGROES' ". Bad as the conditions were, even these southern racists could see the hypocrisy of such sentiments, and, to my knowledge, they never said anything about it. Any white official from Mississippi making such a statement would have simply looked like a fool, and his instincts would have told him he'd better just shut up about it.

It would be like a serial rapist being interviewed at his trial, complaining about how the police aren't sensitive to the needs of rape victims. I don't think we'll ever hear this, either. Neither of the above examples would be possible in our culture, because those voicing them would be made to look ridiculous.

Funny, though, that officials of the Mexican government, whose policies have caused this mass exodus of millions of their own poor, see no shame in "whining" about how their "victims" are being mistreated, once they've arrived in the USA. It doesn't seem to occur to them that they sound like hypocritical idiots. The standards of shame and guilt and hypocrisy are certainly different in different cultures.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:22 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
I think it is time we flood the Mexican government with enough emails to shut them down like we did congress on the amnesty bill. Forward to everyone one your email list.

Mexican Embassy to the United States

(Contact on the left - send them an email)

Mexican Government - Citizen Portal

(Send Your Comments upper right - send them an email)

Old 10-05-2007, 01:04 PM

96 posts, read 250,233 times
Default embasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I think it is time we flood the Mexican government with enough emails to shut them down like we did congress on the amnesty bill. Forward to everyone one your email list.

Hi,

I think that your messages should tell the Mexican gov. to take their
embasies and go back to Mexico with their illegal relatives. Will someone
please tell me just what dose America need from Mexico?
Tell them to get out all together.
I agree with citigirl and make your messages strong...

LOVE THE U.S.A.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:54 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,378,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post

Just out of curiosity, I googled 'mexican embassies in the US'. There are presently 45 Mexican embassies here! 45!

I googled the reverse, US embassies in Mexico. We have 12.

Just the shear number of their embassies here should tell everyone a lot! What can the purpose be for Mexico to have so many here? Well, I guess we already know the answer to that...

Old 10-05-2007, 09:39 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Just out of curiosity, I googled 'mexican embassies in the US'. There are presently 45 Mexican embassies here! 45!

I googled the reverse, US embassies in Mexico. We have 12.

Just the shear number of their embassies here should tell everyone a lot! What can the purpose be for Mexico to have so many here? Well, I guess we already know the answer to that...

It takes a lot of staff to undermine America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or