Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 03:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
WOULD OUR COUNTRY COLLAPSE WITHOUT ILLEGAL ALIENS?

By Frosty Wooldridge
September 25, 2006
NewsWithViews.com

Last spring, an enterprising film maker created a movie titled, “A Day Without Immigrants” or something to that affect. He based his theme on his assumption that Americans couldn’t do without illegal aliens working jobs that no self-respecting citizens would work. He surmised that America would fall to its knees without this new 21st century slave class.

Since he created that film, 12 to 20 million illegal aliens, about 10 million of them from Mexico, two million from China, and millions more from around the world feel their successful crimes of breaking into America warrant amnesty. They expect more free medical care, more free schools for their children, financial freedom from paying out-of-state tuition in our colleges, free delivery of their anchor babies, chain migration of their relatives and many other ‘freebies’ paid for by American taxpayers.

They expect us to pay for their criminal activities—and, we are!
no brainer.
RN salary $120.00 an hour.
loaf of bread $25.00
stephen s
san diego ca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 03:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
no brainer.
RN salary $120.00 an hour.
loaf of bread $25.00
stephen s
san diego ca
You over estimate the value of illegal labor.
The fact is outside of aggriculture Illegal labor is a blessing for the employer only. He reaps increased profits and hides them. When he bids a job its based on using legal labor. When he gets off cheap by using illegals he pockets the balance.
Sort of like what would happen if we ended welfare as it is today?
Doomsayers predict starvation and homelessness. Reality is that the job market is the best its ever been. They would go out and get a job.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:43 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times
What would happen? Money sucking business owners who don't give a fig for this country would have to pay FAIR wages to get the job done. Therefore more Americans would benefit and the economy would flourish, not collapse.

Boo hoo, the evil owners want cheap labor...they are entitled to make money but at the risk of this nation? They should be ashamed. How many millions do they need? How many cars can you drive at once or how many houses can you live in?

I have no sympathy for 'people who need illegal labor.'

Oh, and if this wonderful thing happened, I wouldn't have to go to a state park and be assaulted by dozens of people babbling in Spanish, blasting their boomboxes too loud while their kids run rampant and they cook their half a dead pig on a spit.

Wait--I DON'T have to...I moved away from all that...!!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
What would happen? Money sucking business owners who don't give a fig for this country would have to pay FAIR wages to get the job done. Therefore more Americans would benefit and the economy would flourish, not collapse.

Boo hoo, the evil owners want cheap labor...they are entitled to make money but at the risk of this nation? They should be ashamed. How many millions do they need? How many cars can you drive at once or how many houses can you live in?

I have no sympathy for 'people who need illegal labor.'

Oh, and if this wonderful thing happened, I wouldn't have to go to a state park and be assaulted by dozens of people babbling in Spanish, blasting their boomboxes too loud while their kids run rampant and they cook their half a dead pig on a spit.

Wait--I DON'T have to...I moved away from all that...!!
I have asked before what multimillion dollar corporation recruits illegals into the work force?
I agree punish those who hire illegals. But lets not fall into the propoganda trap of the proillegals. They want us to believe its corporate america behind all this. The reality is Mexico's rich is behind it because they refuse to treat their citizens as equals or better than animals.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:03 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I have asked before what multimillion dollar corporation recruits illegals into the work force?
I agree punish those who hire illegals. But lets not fall into the propoganda trap of the proillegals. They want us to believe its corporate america behind all this. The reality is Mexico's rich is behind it because they refuse to treat their citizens as equals or better than animals.
There are in fact multi-millon dollar corporations who employ illegals, they just have not been exposed because they hide behind their lobbyist and friends in the government, to whom they contribute campaign dollars

You are correct, Mexico is rich because of their refusal to treat their citizens better than animals and also because of all the illegal drugs that they export into the US, while the US PRETENDS to fight the war on drugs. They don't do anything for their citizens because they don't have to - they know they can come to the US make money and send it back home to families there.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
There are in fact multi-millon dollar corporations who employ illegals, they just have not been exposed because they hide behind their lobbyist and friends in the government, to whom they contribute campaign dollars

You are correct, Mexico is rich because of their refusal to treat their citizens better than animals and also because of all the illegal drugs that they export into the US, while the US PRETENDS to fight the war on drugs. They don't do anything for their citizens because they don't have to - they know they can come to the US make money and send it back home to families there.
I mean you no disrespect but what corporations? I hear this so often but no names are given ever. If they are so apparant they would be named by the liberal left.
War on drugs. Its a hard war to fight given that the liberal left fights our feds tooth and nail at every turn. Let us put our troops on the border. We shot one drug mule and our officers went to jail for it. Let us shoot those who would cross our border with drugs, let us punish those who would cross our borders illegaly.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
I mean you no disrespect but what corporations? I hear this so often but no names are given ever. If they are so apparant they would be named by the liberal left.
War on drugs. Its a hard war to fight given that the liberal left fights our feds tooth and nail at every turn. Let us put our troops on the border. We shot one drug mule and our officers went to jail for it. Let us shoot those who would cross our border with drugs, let us punish those who would cross our borders illegaly.
I have to give the liberal Left a 'bye' on this.........the Republican party has controlled both Houses of Congress as well as the White House from 2001-06 during which time the illegal immigrant flow became a flood.

Now: if the presently Democrat controlled Congress blows it; there is always 2008 to turn the known bums out.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have to give the liberal Left a 'bye' on this.........the Republican party has controlled both Houses of Congress as well as the White House from 2001-06 during which time the illegal immigrant flow became a flood.

Now: if the presently Democrat controlled Congress blows it; there is always 2008 to turn the known bums out.
ROFL the illegals have been flooding us. Bush has done nothing...
The democrats have done nothing. As for 2001-2006 they didnt try to do anything then either.
I hate all career politicians equally I dont care what party they hale. Lets just execute any politician caught double dipping and start over. LOL There would be none left.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:38 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,511 times
Quote:
Tinman you're not getting this. Just because a corporation employs illegal immigrants, doesn't always mean that they're prosecuted for it, herein where the problem exists. No one ever says anything, they turn their heads. Those in charge of enforcing the laws are told to turn a blinds eye to it. That's why you hardly hear of any multi-million dollar corporation being fined or penalized for employing illegals.

Off the top of my head though to make you satisfied: Walmart, 2005 was fined millions for employing illegal labor.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
I for one hope WalMart goes under, fat chance, huh? Then at least we could get some of the dangerous Chinese imports OFF the market. So what happened in 2006 and 2007? Were they fined millions as well? If that could happen every year....

I know is OFF topic, but like to get my digs into WalMart whenever I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration