U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:20 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,792,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Oh god, tell me about it. I actually had to order a sandwich at Subway in Spanish. IN NORTH DALLAS. Un-freaking-acceptable.
Try going into an auto parts store and finding someone who speaks English..also what is the deal with the 'immigrants' fixing their cars and changing the oil in the parking lot (they let the oil run down the street most times I have seen them)?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 05:23 PM

3,886 posts, read 5,997,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Try going into an auto parts store and finding someone who speaks English..also what is the deal with the 'immigrants' fixing their cars and changing the oil in the parking lot (they let the oil run down the street most times I have seen them)?.
Start complaining to EPA!

Old 10-09-2007, 05:24 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,976,713 times
Quote:
Oh god, I know. It's hard to find an apartment complex in DFW now where the parking lot hasn't been turned into an auto shop. I looked hard to find my place; it's a townhouse where most of the units are lived in by the owners, and the HOA is VERY active and VERY tough with the rules...one of which is NO FIXING CARS in the parking lot/garages. I love my complex...very diverse, but very little of the unpleasantness that can make apartment living such hell.

Unfortunately my complex is right next door to one where that kind of carp DOES go on. I had to call the cops one weekend because of the immigrant party that went on into the wee hours. Loud, with screaming in espanol and breaking glass. Classy!

Old 10-09-2007, 05:24 PM

Camaro guy that would be so racist!

Old 10-09-2007, 05:26 PM

Actually ND I didn't mean an apartment parking lot, although they certainly do it there and in any street. Just look outside any auto parts store and they have cars in various states of being repaired. What do you think would happen to us if we did that?

Old 10-09-2007, 05:27 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,976,713 times
Quote:
Actually ND I didn't mean an apartment parking lot, although they certainly do it there and in any street. Just look outside any auto parts store and they have cars in various states of being repaired. What do you think would happen to us if we did that?
Oh, I know; I've seen it too. I'm just saying it's not just auto parts stores.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:12 PM

6 posts, read 11,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Yay, Ln2theRt, you made it! Welcome!!
LOL Although I haven't posted in a month LOL

THanks!!

Old 10-21-2007, 06:20 PM

140 posts, read 79,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I have asked before what multimillion dollar corporation recruits illegals into the work force?
I agree punish those who hire illegals. But lets not fall into the propoganda trap of the proillegals. They want us to believe its corporate america behind all this. The reality is Mexico's rich is behind it because they refuse to treat their citizens as equals or better than animals.
I seem to recall WalMart getting into alot of trouble a few years ago for hiring the illegals. You can't get much bigger than that!

Old 10-21-2007, 06:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Quote:
Actually ND I didn't mean an apartment parking lot, although they certainly do it there and in any street. Just look outside any auto parts store and they have
Quote:
cars in various states
of being repaired. What do you think would happen to us if we did that?
And I'll lay money on it that these cars are "from" various states (stolen)

One thing you can do when you see them working on their cars is, with a pad and pencil, stand behind the cars and either write down or act like your writting down the Lic# and then go up to the windshield on the drivers side and act like you writting down the Vin#. Make sure that they see you doing this.
Then watch these vehicles disappear. I've done it in Ca, and it never failed.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 10-21-2007 at 06:59 PM..

Old 10-21-2007, 06:45 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,063,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
no brainer.
I concur.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or