Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 02:25 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Hey, London, I already mow my lawn and clean my own house, and wouldn't have it any other way. I don't have a teenager, but my nephew cleans up poo at the zoo! It would sure get millions of fat bu**s OFF the couch in the evening. When we were kids my dad was always out in the yard after work, gardening, watering, tinkering in the garage, or playing with us. Does that still happen I wonder??
I have never seen such laziness until I moved to the west coast. No one around here does their own work. It's "beneath" them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 02:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I have never seen such laziness until I moved to the west coast. No one around here does their own work. It's "beneath" them.
I don't think it's "beneath" them - It is simply I would rather enjoy my "off" time to do things that are more enjoyable then raking leaves, or cleaning the house etc.

I have grandkids going from ages 9 to 19 - we like to camp, take the boat out, travel

My wife and I like to spend weekends at that special cabin in the woods

I could not do these things if I had to worry about all the mundane stuff -

Old 10-09-2007, 02:59 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Am sure they will get used to it again...

Old 10-09-2007, 04:39 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Every one makes it sound as if they would all be shoved back over the border at one time. not so. In fact if and when this becomes, reality they would be leaving at a much slower pace than their coming over. With that, changes would made slowly, in fact, everything would just be reversed from illegal to legal. Wages would go up,the economy would go up and actually, the only ones that would feel the pinch would be the ones who lost what they shouldn't have had in the first place.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:43 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times
I'll tell you:

# Food prices would be through the roof
# Building infrastructure would be more expensive
# Getting your food at your local fast food restaurant would be a slow process

Old 10-09-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'll tell you:

There are laws agains businesses raising prices for those reasons

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
It's pretty slow getting your order (and getting it correctly) when the server can't speak English.

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'll tell you:

No
No
and No actually I have witnessed the exact opposite, and my orders are almost always correct.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
WOULD OUR COUNTRY COLLAPSE WITHOUT ILLEGAL ALIENS?

By Frosty Wooldridge
September 25, 2006
NewsWithViews.com

Last spring, an enterprising film maker created a movie titled, “A Day Without Immigrants” or something to that affect. He based his theme on his assumption that Americans couldn’t do without illegal aliens working jobs that no self-respecting citizens would work. He surmised that America would fall to its knees without this new 21st century slave class.

Since he created that film, 12 to 20 million illegal aliens, about 10 million of them from Mexico, two million from China, and millions more from around the world feel their successful crimes of breaking into America warrant amnesty. They expect more free medical care, more free schools for their children, financial freedom from paying out-of-state tuition in our colleges, free delivery of their anchor babies, chain migration of their relatives and many other ‘freebies’ paid for by American taxpayers.

They expect us to pay for their criminal activities—and, we are!
high salaries.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Bunky39 wrote:
Quote:
high salaries.
stephen s
san diego ca
Is there more to this??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration