U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-04-2007, 07:59 PM
 
82 posts, read 48,974 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
so you advocate breaking the law if you believe is it truly right and justifiable?
In a court of Law, did you know that a Jury can declare a LAW unfair and have it overturned? Which means the Jury can over-rule the Judge? I bet you didn't know that. Why can they do that? Because sometimes laws are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-04-2007, 08:02 PM
 
Location: California
236 posts, read 399,345 times
Reputation: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i think the federal income tax is illegal. but thats it. i dont support theft, but i understand it in extreme circumstances (such as stealing food if youre starving).
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
thanks for your civility. the more people you treat civil, the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRR View Post
Why should I apoligize or edit my post? Making a supposition is perfectly ok. Your posts prove to me that it could be likely that you are an illegal, or the offspring of an illegal yourself. If you're not, great. That just means you're a confused citizen who needs an education.
Okay, the confused citizen part was funny. We need to make sure all people are educated on what Illegal means. Whether it needs to be spoken in Spanish for the Law breaking Illegal immigrants or in English for the Confused Americans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,886 posts, read 5,997,218 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Okay, the confused citizen part was funny. We need to make sure all people are educated on what Illegal means. Whether it needs to be spoken in Spanish for the Law breaking Illegal immigrants or in English for the Confused Americans
I like that Tina!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 08:07 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,450 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRR View Post
Why should I apoligize or edit my post? Making a supposition is perfectly ok. Your posts prove to me that it could be likely that you are an illegal, or the offspring of an illegal yourself. If you're not, great. That just means you're a confused citizen who needs an education.
the fact that you're wrong shows my posts prove nothing you claim. i follow the constitution, you don't. so why am i the citizen that needs education? you dont even follow the laws you advocate everyone else follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,450 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRR View Post
In a court of Law, did you know that a Jury can declare a LAW unfair and have it overturned? Which means the Jury can over-rule the Judge? I bet you didn't know that. Why can they do that? Because sometimes laws are wrong.
i know all of that. but there has to be justifiable reasoning for overturning a law. to claim that the vet's charge will be overturned is just speculation. the important thing here is that you acknowledge the people's power to change unjust law, proving that some laws are indeed unjust. following all laws, regardless of whether you agree with them or not, is doing a disservice to your country, who apparently relies on the general public and its rationale to shape the laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 08:10 PM
 
82 posts, read 48,974 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
the fact that you're wrong shows my posts prove nothing you claim. i follow the constitution, you don't. so why am i the citizen that needs education? you dont even follow the laws you advocate everyone else follow.
The fact I am wrong in YOUR opinion? I follow the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the LAWS of my country. You advocate leniency towards CRIMINAL illegal immigrants. Who is right? I think everyone knows. I will not attack you, I know that's what you want so I will get banned. However I can think about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 08:10 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,450 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
Okay, the confused citizen part was funny. We need to make sure all people are educated on what Illegal means. Whether it needs to be spoken in Spanish for the Law breaking Illegal immigrants or in English for the Confused Americans
better give the veteran who cut down the flag a little refresher course, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 08:12 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,450 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRR View Post
The fact I am wrong in YOUR opinion?
no, just the fact that you are wrong. i am a white citizen. fact. you were wrong to assume otherwise. fact.

Quote:
I follow the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the LAWS of my country. You advocate leniency towards CRIMINAL illegal immigrants. Who is right? I think everyone knows. I will not attack you, I know that's what you want so I will get banned. However I can think about it
i thought the public was able to determine the validity of law through jury? so shouldnt i be able to have an opinion on the law in case i am selected for jury duty in an applicable case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 PM
 
82 posts, read 48,974 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
no, just the fact that you are wrong. i am a white citizen. fact. you were wrong to assume otherwise. fact.
Man you sure make THAT hard to believe with all your anti-American, PRO-illegal speech! I think you're an illegal Mexican immigrant. That's my OPINION.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 08:28 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,450 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRR View Post
Man you sure make THAT hard to believe with all your anti-American, PRO-illegal speech! I think you're an illegal Mexican immigrant. That's my OPINION.
you may find it hard to believe, but that doesn't change anything. you can make any assumption you want. i know the truth. nothing you assert will change the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top