U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2007, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,997,389 times
Reputation: 533

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
So you are admitting that the Flag Code is not upheld as Law?
I honestly think the authorities would have said something.

I would guess this man will be discharged.
LOL...I bet you he won't be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-04-2007, 02:39 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,431 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Considered a thief by SOME. Not by me. Do you HONESTLY think the authorities would have done anything about it? Please. The way I see it, their illegal actions at LEAST cancel each other out.

Flag Code - Position and manner of display
considered a thief by the same judicial system that considered certain immigrants illegal. if you can have a jusitified difference of opinion from written law, then we should all be able to.

we will never know what the authorities would've done, because the thief "took matters into his own hands". any authority action, or inaction, is all speculation at this point, because of the thief's actions.

illegal actions canceling themselves out? um, no. that's two separate crimes, buddy. separate from the judicial system altogether. your thinking is flawed.


and lastly, the flag code description reads as such:

The United States Flag Code establishes advisory rules for display and care of the flag of the United States. It is title 4 of the United States Code: 4 U.S.C. 1 et seq. This is a U.S. federal law, but there is no penalty for failure to comply with them and they are not widely enforced ***indeed, punitive enforcement would conflict with the First Amendment right to freedom of speech, as the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled when the subject has come up in the past.***

what supercedes the supreme law of the land? certainly not a flag code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 02:40 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,431 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
You are the one who usually supports lawbreakers, are you racist against white people?
im against laws that directly impact private property, especially when the criminal has better and immediately available options to exercise. the same people that defend this man's actions, despite his breaking of written law, are the same ones who chastise illegal immigrants for breaking written law. you cant have a double standard. and you certainly cant use two independent crimes to justify either or.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,997,389 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
considered a thief by the same judicial system that considered certain immigrants illegal. if you can have a jusitified difference of opinion from written law, then we should all be able to.

we will never know what the authorities would've done, because the thief "took matters into his own hands". any authority action, or inaction, is all speculation at this point, because of the thief's actions.

illegal actions canceling themselves out? um, no. that's two separate crimes, buddy. separate from the judicial system altogether. your thinking is flawed.


and lastly, the flag code description reads as such:

The United States Flag Code establishes advisory rules for display and care of the flag of the United States. It is title 4 of the United States Code: 4 U.S.C. 1 et seq. This is a U.S. federal law, but there is no penalty for failure to comply with them and they are not widely enforced ***indeed, punitive enforcement would conflict with the First Amendment right to freedom of speech, as the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled when the subject has come up in the past.***

what supercedes the supreme law of the land? certainly not a flag code.
Wah, wah, wah, wah. Just admit that what the guy was doing was wrong. We both know it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 02:44 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,874,649 times
Reputation: 6264
So a bunch of illegals moving in, overcrowding houses and parking/partying in the street doesn't affect private property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:02 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,431 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Wah, wah, wah, wah. Just admit that what the guy was doing was wrong. We both know it was.
i dont feel what he did was wrong, because i believe in the first amendment of the constitution over the flag code. dont you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,431 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So a bunch of illegals moving in, overcrowding houses and parking/partying in the street doesn't affect private property?
nope. they acquire their own property. you still have yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 PM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,061,566 times
Reputation: 382
This guy needs to file "provocation" against the Mexican that flew the flag. I guess it time to start a major campaign against the Mexican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,887 posts, read 6,019,253 times
Reputation: 2201
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i dont feel what he did was wrong, because i believe in the first amendment of the constitution over the flag code. dont you?
Then I guess you believe those white students in Jena, Louisiana had every right to hang those nooseses from that tree. First amendment rights eh??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 714,431 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Then I guess you believe those white students in Jena, Louisiana had every right to hang those nooseses from that tree. First amendment rights eh??
yeah, pretty much. so now that ive answered your question, answer mine (from my previous post).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top