U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
Reputation: 6264

Advertisements

Drunk drivers probably will just return, should we find a way to accept them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,885 posts, read 5,993,830 times
Reputation: 2200
So why don't we just take some common sense steps to begin with. First lets secure the border. Then let us have a flow of immigration that we can control. Lets also put some pressure on that regime in Mexico to put some of that oil money to good use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:05 PM
 
1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Reputation: 731
Default yes but

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
no. i dont feel that would solve anything. they would probably just return. we need to find a way to accept them and turn them into productive members of society without criminalizing their every step.
Now you will need to do this for the rest of the world...or you will be a racist...what is your plan for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:07 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Drunk drivers probably will just return, should we find a way to accept them?
we have to accept that they do return. which is why many times the courts require an alcohol education course as part of punishment administered. plus, its important to remember that drunk drivers present an immediate danger to those around them, whereas an immigrant does not (assuming they arent committing any additional crime outside of the actual act of immigrating).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:08 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
So why don't we just take some common sense steps to begin with. First lets secure the border. Then let us have a flow of immigration that we can control. Lets also put some pressure on that regime in Mexico to put some of that oil money to good use.
i agree with these steps, but in reverse order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 709,122 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Now you will need to do this for the rest of the world...or you will be a racist...what is your plan for that.
step 1 is waiting for the rest of the world to show up, so it can be a REAL problem. until it is a real problem, it doesnt warrant a solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:10 PM
 
1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Reputation: 731
Default why

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i agree with these steps, but in reverse order.
You say stop the problem at the source...the source is at the border. The only reason you say do it your way is because yo truly dont want to stop illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
You say stop the problem at the source...the source is at the border. The only reason you say do it your way is because yo truly dont want to stop illegal immigration.
How is the source the border? The source is corrupt government and power hungry people. Fencing the border is a band-aid that will bust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
 
1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Reputation: 731
Default didnt say fence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
How is the source the border? The source is corrupt government and power hungry people. Fencing the border is a band-aid that will bust.
I didnt say fence. SECURE the border

If the border is secure..no more illegal immigration. Maybe because it is that simple of a first step you and others want to take focus away from that very simple fact...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,885 posts, read 5,993,830 times
Reputation: 2200
Well we got about thirty thousand US soldiers in S. Korea, plus another sixty thousand in Germany that are basically doing nothing. Put those numbers on the border and we won't have any problems at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top