Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
he committed a crime according to the constitution of the united states. that is not up for debate. it is a fact. and those who support this theif's action are anti-constitutional and unamerican, and apparently truly advocate breaking the law.
but it was an unjust law in this case, so no harm done. Since we can select rules we dont like and break them. And those that support the illegals breaking our laws are unamerican and anti-constitutional. IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 06:12 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
but it was an unjust law in this case, so no harm done. Since we can select rules we dont like and break them. And those that support the illegals breaking our laws are unamerican and anti-constitutional. IMO
unjust? how so? do you think the flag code supercedes the 1st amendment?

Article IV, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution - Immivasion - Immigration Invasion

even people on your side of the debate are losing in court. "...But U.S. District Judge Judith Keep in San Diego and the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco threw out the lawsuit on grounds that California and Arizona are not being "invaded" by a hostile, foreign power."

so i guess there is no constitutional defiance through illegal immigration, just cutting down flags on private property.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:15 PM

236 posts, read 441,958 times
If this Vet gets charged with anything all hell will break lose. The idea that he deserves punishment is very much anti-American. Most Americans will not stand by quietly while a true patriot gets thrown to the wolves.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:16 PM

Well how is keeping illegals out UNJUST in your words, and worthy of breaking the law?What only the laws YOU find unjust are worth breaking? And we are winning, just passed another law against renting to illegals,states are cracking down and we are strongly going after employers, and we will stop EVERY amnesty crap bill the anti-americans try to push on us.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
If this Vet gets charged with anything all hell will break lose. The idea that he deserves punishment is very much anti-American. Most Americans will not stand by quietly while a true patriot gets thrown to the wolves.
Yea I have a feeling crap is going to hit the fan on this one. Vets for one wont take it.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:21 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Vets for one wont take it.
I really hope they dont. Imagine fighting for this country and getting locked up because you showed a strong act of patriotism.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I really hope they dont. Imagine fighting for this country and getting locked up because you showed a strong act of patriotism.
My dad is pissed, he served, so did my uncle, brother in law, sister in law, step dad, all angry.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:24 PM

236 posts, read 441,958 times
Wow Ghost you think people who stand behind this Vet are anti-constitutional and anti-America?? So now you are saying if you break the law you need to be punished right???? Are you anti-American because you stand behind a bunch of illegal immigrants? Don't contradict yourself. A law is a law. Illegal is Illegal. Your arguement is "I am just saying I understand why they break the law."(like that makes it okay)Well we understand why this Vet did. He loves this country and will not stand by and see it disrespected

Old 10-04-2007, 06:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
He's a freaking hero.
While I agree with his feelings, he took matters into his own hands.. violating the law by touching private property.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
even unjust laws have steps that you need to go through in order to have the law overturned. He decided that he was above the law, not needing to go through those steps.. (albeit due to emotions).. Lots out there have acted on their emotions.. usually they are charged with domestic abuse..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration