Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 12:22 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Alberto, 25, moved to the U.S. illegally from Mexico with his immigrant parents at age 7. He graduated from a U.S. high school — another requirement of the new policy — where he was a track standout. He now works as a paralegal in North Carolina.

But like many young immigrants who would otherwise qualify, Alberto faces imminent deportation because of nonviolent scrapes with the law. The latest was in February after he was charged with disorderly conduct for protesting immigration legislation during a hearing at the North Carolina Legislature.

Alberto's subsequent conviction and 15-day jail stay triggered a deportation detainer from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Given previous convictions — one, involving drinking and driving, was overturned on appeal Thursday — Alberto's chances of qualifying for the deferred action program seem slim.

Immigrants' minor offenses can ruin hope for deportation deferral - latimes.com

I'm still trying to figure out how long he's been an illegal alien paralegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 01:16 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
These stories just make me so mad. So now Americans won't become paralegals?

Alberto is not a man without a land. He's a Mexican national who thinks himself entitled to break American employment laws, make demands on American leaders and then whine that Amerians don't put his economic desires at the top of the priority list in a bad economy. He illustrates the problem with all too many of his fellow illegals: they put alll their energy into making ludicrous demands on this country instead of fixing up their own nations.

Ironically I have a friend who just lost her paralegal job. She lives in the south. Alberto should be deported back to Mexico where he belongs. She should be hired in his place. This way she gets off unemployment and he finally gets to be a law abiding citizen.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
[/b]

I'm still trying to figure out how long he's been an illegal alien paralegal .
I guess that's another job "Americans won't do." Damn, the list keeps growing.

I wonder how a DUI is overturned on appeal. He was either drunk, or he wasn't. If he was, I suppose that's another perk for being an illegal.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:30 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I wonder how a DUI is overturned on appeal. He was either drunk, or he wasn't. If he was, I suppose that's another perk for being an illegal.
Yeah.

I have no idea why this guy thinks we want him here. He's forging documents (it's the only way he can gain employment), driving not only without a license or insurance but actually drunk and then whining that our damned government dare tells him to get out.

He should have been deported five seconds after the DUI. He's essentially admitting to committing multiple crimes. That's not the sort of person who deserves the right to skip the immigration lines.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:37 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
In my 50+ years I have never been arrested or convicted of anything, nor have almost all the people I know. It isn't that hard. Send him home. Like everyone else I want to know when it became so hard to find Americans willing to be paralegals.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:41 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yeah.

I have no idea why this guy thinks we want him here. He's forging documents (it's the only way he can gain employment), driving not only without a license or insurance but actually drunk and then whining that our damned government dare tells him to get out.

He should have been deported five seconds after the DUI. He's essentially admitting to committing multiple crimes. That's not the sort of person who deserves the right to skip the immigration lines.
He's a typical lawless Dreamie. Few of those "kids" deserve to be here.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
[/b]

I'm still trying to figure out how long he's been an illegal alien paralegal.
Most likely felony document fraud and a stolen identity.

Illegals are not admitting they consider driving while drunk a nothing kind of crime. And they shouldn't even be driving much less driving drunk.

You can bet the guy in this example has not only committed felony document fraud and identity theft but also has been driving without a license and insurance and loads of other serious crimes.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:

Alberto is not a man without a land. He's a Mexican national who thinks himself entitled to break American employment laws, make demands on American leaders and then whine that Amerians don't put his economic desires at the top of the priority list in a bad economy. He illustrates the problem with all too many of his fellow illegals: they put alll their energy into making ludicrous demands on this country instead of fixing up their own nations.

Ironically I have a friend who just lost her paralegal job. She lives in the south. Alberto should be deported back to Mexico where he belongs. She should be hired in his place. This way she gets off unemployment and he finally gets to be a law abiding citizen.
Amazing isn't it? Your friend should indeed be his replacement. The more of these articles I read, the more I am beginning to feel like we as a nation have entered the twilight zone.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 08-19-2012 at 02:30 PM..

Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Adding insult to injury he actually has the nerve to be arrogant, and prancing around with a t-shirt that states he is undocumented with no fear. They have become so emboldened by the lack of enforcement of our laws until it's only a matter of time before they become violent when their demands aren't met.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:

The pro-illegals will claim your friend just doesn't want to work and that their people are racially superior and work better than any lazy American would.

But yes, Alberto would do very well with his education back in his own country, maybe he could even work for reforms there and do something positive. The American money is just far more appealing than their own patria is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration