U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2007, 04:31 PM
 
12,620 posts, read 17,692,687 times
Reputation: 2988

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
ideally, we promote fairer trade between the two countries, and explain the importance of wealth distribution to the mexican government. we can also show them how immigration is affecting us, and that, if necessary, action will be taken against them in order to insure the average working man has a livable wage within the country of mexico. sometimes the threat alone accomplishes a lot. hopefully they will listen to the initial reasoning, and we would be supportive of their economy and purchase exports to further them along.
The wealth distribution is just how they like it in Mexico!
Next:
They know how it is affecting us and they DONT CARE!


Next:
Take action to insure average working man has a livable wage within Mexico
First of all that would mean going to war and why would we want to do that when they are here taking taking taking from every citizen in this country!

Listen to initial reasoning BaWAhahahahaha
Your kidding right.... Please tell me your kidding Please...


The Mexican Gov. puts out pamphlets on how to sneak into this country and what to do when they get here!

MAIA has found them in the desert at their makeshift campsites.....

(MAIA Mothers Against Illegal Aliens)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Reputation: 5288
Mexico has the resource the US needs, OIL. Unfortunately that will keep the US from confronting Mexico's leadership, and both of our citizens will bear the pain.

Most of us here in the US drive on the very oil and gas that makes this all possible.

You are pretty much driving on Mexican and American blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Well that explains everything. We need to school Mexico on the importance of wealth distribution. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh at the end of the day - that was worth it!
you have made no counterpoint. why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 05:42 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
What makes you think we are not concentrating on the employers and the government too? Ever heard of multi-tasking. You don't think we stopped the amnesty bills because we just posted on city-data do you?

Of course business cannot hire people that are not here now could they. The key word is illegal immigrants and part of our focus should be on those crossing our borders illegally.


DEPORT! DEPORT! DEPORT!
they are only considered illegal because we have criminalized them. the guy who cut down the mexican flag should not be punished according to the opinion of many here. why the double standard?

and ive said it before and ill say it again: going after illegal immigrants will not stop immigration. you need to take away their reason for coming here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 05:46 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The wealth distribution is just how they like it in Mexico!
Next:
They know how it is affecting us and they DONT CARE!


right. the government doesn't care. to think that the people of mexico like having to illegally cross borders to make a living is ridiculous. they would have no good reason to take the risk if there wasn't a worthy payoff.


Quote:
Next:
Take action to insure average working man has a livable wage within Mexico
First of all that would mean going to war and why would we want to do that when they are here taking taking taking from every citizen in this country!
that would not necessarily require war. if it did, we could oust a corrupt government and let the people install a new one. it would have to be fair and honest, and not some puppet government that would put them in the same position. regardless, the installation of a fair and honest government would surely rescind the amount of illegal (and legal) immigrants coming into the united states.

Quote:
Listen to initial reasoning BaWAhahahahaha
Your kidding right.... Please tell me your kidding Please...


The Mexican Gov. puts out pamphlets on how to sneak into this country and what to do when they get here!
that is the government not taking responsibility. that is what i am arguing for. mexican government responsibility.

Quote:
MAIA has found them in the desert at their makeshift campsites.....

(MAIA Mothers Against Illegal Aliens)

well yeah, of course they have campsites. theyre sneaking into another country through the desert. what else are they going to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,010 posts, read 31,965,939 times
Reputation: 30400
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
they are only considered illegal because we have criminalized them.
the last time i checked, it was a crime to cross international boundries without a passport or proper papers. Hence the term ILLEGAL immigrant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 06:05 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
the last time i checked, it was a crime to cross international boundries without a passport or proper papers. Hence the term ILLEGAL immigrant.
it costs money and takes time to legally immigrate. people that need to survive cant conform to those regulations. which is why i understand why they bypass it. and since we are not offering them a realistic option, we are turning them into criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517
Ghost I can respect your compassion and still disagree with you.
We as a nation have immigration laws just as every other nation on earth has them. Its our right to enforce them, even more its our governments obligation to its legal citizens to enforce them. The laws are there for a reason to help filter the good from the bad. In other words to deny criminals a visa. No not all illegals are muderers and rapists but the 1 thing they all have in common is they are in fact criminals.. They choose to be so when they cross illegally into US terretory. They further compound their crime by committing identity theft, tax evasion,falsifying documents etc.
You say these are harmless victimless crimes, I say we are all victims.
You say the forgers are the real criminals. I say is the man who knowingly buys a stolen car any less criminal than the car thief? Is the man who buys child pornograghy any less vile than those who produce it?
I agree company's who hire illegals should be punished severely.. But they are only partners in the crime. Punish them accordingly.
In another topic you cited the cost of applying to immigrate was 15,000. If I miss quote you I appologize. My wife immigrated from Thailand the cost was closer to 1,500 dollars. She had to get a background check. a physical and blood work. None of which did she object to. Upon arriveing she has sought to adept herself to our culture. Why is it that the hispanics expect us to adapt to them? I see a trend. They violate our immigration laws without regard, they commit identity theft, and on top of that demand that we adapt to them.. It all screams of forget you and your laws we are above you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,010 posts, read 31,965,939 times
Reputation: 30400
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
it costs money and takes time to legally immigrate. people that need to survive cant conform to those regulations. which is why i understand why they bypass it. and since we are not offering them a realistic option, we are turning them into criminals.
son, i went to school with people from Congo, Afghanistan, Sudan, Eritea, Zimbawe, and Iraq. THEY needed to leave to survive. I'm talking about surviving wars, missles, genocide, all that. Not like people from Mexico who just want to piggyback off of america for the good money. The last time i checked the survival rate for low paying jobs was A LOT higher than the survival rate of being hit by a missle or 20 rounds of ammo.

One thing i defintely fault the government for not overhauling the border and immigration years ago so we would not have all the crap going on today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 06:25 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,042 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Ghost I can respect your compassion and still disagree with you.
We as a nation have immigration laws just as every other nation on earth has them. Its our right to enforce them, even more its our governments obligation to its legal citizens to enforce them. The laws are there for a reason to help filter the good from the bad. In other words to deny criminals a visa. No not all illegals are muderers and rapists but the 1 thing they all have in common is they are in fact criminals.. They choose to be so when they cross illegally into US terretory. They further compound their crime by committing identity theft, tax evasion,falsifying documents etc.
these crimes they commit are based on their necessity for survival. we do not give them a fair option to do it legally. it is too expensive and lengthy a process. they know this, which is why they continue their present course of action. if we could recognize that this problem isn't going to go away until we tackle the root issue (mexican government), then we need to find a way to get these people through an effective, quick, and free immigration process so we CAN screen the criminals effectively, without having to criminalize them for crossing. it would also allow them to obtain documentation legally, so there would be no need for theft and forgeries, unless the person was a true criminal.

Quote:
You say these are harmless victimless crimes, I say we are all victims.
theyre not harmless. but we dont give them any other fair options. we are doing it to ourself with these unfair, unreasonable policies.

Quote:
You say the forgers are the real criminals. I say is the man who knowingly buys a stolen car any less criminal than the car thief?
yeah, i think so. nobody would be able to buy stolen cars if we didnt have car thieves, who are higher up on the criminal food chain.

Quote:
Is the man who buys child pornograghy any less vile than those who produce it?
yeah, because the pictures are already taken. the people who take the pictures are the ones violating the children directly, which is a much worse crime, imo.

Quote:
I agree company's who hire illegals should be punished severely.. But they are only partners in the crime. Punish them accordingly.
partners? please. illegal workforces would not exist without shady employers. the opposite is not true. that is why the employers are worse.

Quote:
In another topic you cited the cost of applying to immigrate was 15,000. If I miss quote you I appologize.
yeah, that wasnt me at all.

Quote:
My wife immigrated from Thailand the cost was closer to 1,500 dollars. She had to get a background check. a physical and blood work. None of which did she object to.
she had 1500 dollars. not all of us do. background check, physical, blood work? fine. but how long did all that take to process?

Quote:
Upon arriveing she has sought to adept herself to our culture.
her choice. she was more than welcome to bring her thai customs to the US. she wouldnt be the first.

Quote:
Why is it that the hispanics expect us to adapt to them?
blanket statement. not all do. some just practice their own culture stateside. whether you choose to adapt or not is your freedom. and whether they choose to practice their own culture or not is their freedom. and the two freedoms can co-exist.

Quote:
I see a trend. They violate our immigration laws without regard, they commit identity theft, and on top of that demand that we adapt to them.. It all screams of forget you and your laws we are above you.

they? who is they? hispanics? that is a generalized, racist statement. i'd be careful how you phrase your ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top