U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 08:28 PM

2,176 posts, read 868,596 times

Advertisements

I can't even read the whole post just because of the title.
"Anti-immigrant"?

Morons.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,322,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I note that this person didn't distinguish between a legal immigrant and illegal one in the post you are replying to. She just calls them all "immigrants". There is a vast difference between the two groups.
Agreed. Legal aliens are usually good, ILLEGAL aliens are bad people and need to pay for their crimes.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 PM

32,868 posts, read 30,138,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I can't even read the whole post just because of the title.
"Anti-immigrant"?

Morons.
Ya, though if you are living far away from "the zone" it doesn't affect them so it never happened. So long as they get a deal on who cuts their grass They got theirs.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:31 AM

1,150 posts, read 992,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I think this nation's illegal immigration is directly related to the amount of legal immigration this nation allows from certain nations. Again, I have yet to met one person who has an issue with illegal immigration who wants to substantially expand legal immigration to allow many more people into this nation.

We have so many illegal aliens we can't absorb any more legal immigrants.

If the problem was just so called illegal immigration, then GREATLY expanding how many people can enter this nation would take care of that problem quickly.

No, the people who have a problem with illegal immigration have a problem with immigration period and usually this problem stems from their view that too many people from the wrong kinds of nations are coming into this nation and ruining it.
I don't know what you consider the wrong kind of nation, but I'll admit I think there are too many from Mexico, since they outnumber all others combined. If they weren't here in such large numbers, maybe we could allow more friom other countries to have a chance.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:34 AM

1,150 posts, read 992,320 times
The line in the previous post 'We have so many illegal aliens we can't absorb any more legal immigrants,'was supposed to be a reply, not part of Iamme73's post.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:31 AM
Yac

5,877 posts, read 6,304,337 times
This forum constantly makes me sad. So many educated, supposedly intelligent people, yet completely unable to discuss some issues. No one is willing to take a step back, it's all talking points. Strawman arguments. Goalpost shifts. Basically any and all debate "tricks" are used to prove a point, even if the point is something else or is right.
Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.
This particular thread is going nowhere constructive, you've been going around in circles for a while.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or