U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 AM

1,310 posts, read 910,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Thank you a conservative that is honest about their political motives. You think too many people from the wrongs kinds of nation are coming to country and destroying it just like I have written about 30 times now.

I don't know why conservatives can't admit that dislike of immigrants is the driving force behind their feelings about immigration.
That's not too far from the truth.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:47 AM

5,938 posts, read 6,383,613 times
Quote:
I think this nation's illegal immigration is directly related to the amount of legal immigration this nation allows from certain nations. Again, I have yet to met one person who has an issue with illegal immigration who wants to substantially expand legal immigration to allow many more people into this nation.

If the problem was just so called illegal immigration, then GREATLY expanding how many people can enter this nation would take care of that problem quickly.

No, the people who have a problem with illegal immigration have a problem with immigration period and usually this problem stems from their view that too many people from the wrong kinds of nations are coming into this nation and ruining it.
More BS....most Americans would not want to GREATLY increase the number of legal immigration no matter the country of origin. This certainly doesn't mean their against legal immigration.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:48 AM

21,050 posts, read 10,705,405 times
Quote:
This is clearly incorrect. Conservatives for the most part are anti-immigrant. I have no idea why admitting the truth is so difficult.

If a person has an issue with illegal immigration, but loves legal immigration, then greatly expanding legal immigration to lower illegal immigration is a no brainer solution to the problem of illegal immigration.

Of course the people who supposedly only hate illegal immigration never mention this solution because they think too many people from the wrong kinds of nations will come here legally.

They are against immigration period.
My wife is a legal immigrant and naturalized citizen, I still oppose liberal immigration policies when we have 8+% unemployment.

We should cherry pick our immigrants. Choosing those who are unlikely to end up on the public dole.

Why would expanded legal immigration greatly reduce illegal immigration?

The fact is that even in times of low unemployment it is quite questionable if you should have liberal immigration policies when you have a welfare state. Immigrants throughout our history have been relatively impoverished. Liberal immigration strains the state's resources.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,255,817 times
Quote:
This is clearly incorrect. Conservatives for the most part are anti-immigrant. I have no idea why admitting the truth is so difficult.

If a person has an issue with illegal immigration, but loves legal immigration, then greatly expanding legal immigration to lower illegal immigration is a no brainer solution to the problem of illegal immigration.

Of course the people who supposedly only hate illegal immigration never mention this solution because they think too many people from the wrong kinds of nations will come here legally.

They are against immigration period.
B.S. it's mentioned all the time. If we need more people here working it's been mentioned many times that the way to do is to allow more in legally, not legalize those who came here illegally.

Of course right now we are not short of workers.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 AM

14,078 posts, read 17,092,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Ok I thought I answered what you asked. What did I miss?
What changes would you like to see made in the Constitution?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:52 AM

8,399 posts, read 5,098,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
That's not too far from the truth.
I know a lot of conservatives believe this. They don't like immigrants. They think that immigrants are destroying the nation. They want to use the government to stop immigration and to punish those immigrants that are in the nation to prevent them from destroying it.

I don't know why conservatives won't admit this.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I know a lot of conservatives believe this. They don't like immigrants. They think that immigrants are destroying the nation. They want to use the government to stop immigration and to punish those immigrants that are in the nation to prevent them from destroying it.

I believe it and admit it, and I'm a libertarian.

You are also misrepresenting the facts, immigrant does not equal illegal immigrant. Two totally different concepts. You are being disingenous.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:55 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,255,817 times
Quote:

They have no desire to make you feel better about your delusions.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They have no desire to make you feel better about your delusions.
He/She must not realize that most Americans don't share her opinion regarding illegal immigration and liberal immigration policy in general.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:57 AM

8,399 posts, read 5,098,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
B.S. it's mentioned all the time. If we need more people here working it's been mentioned many times that the way to do is to allow more in legally, not legalize those who came here illegally.

Of course right now we are not short of workers.
No it is not bs. All one has to do is listen to conservatives discuss illegal immigration and it becomes very clear that conservatives believe that too many people from the wrong kinds of nations are coming to the country and destroying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or