Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,284,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
That is crap!!! I have zero issue with anyone coming here LEGALLY!!! What I have a huge issue with is when people think they can break our laws. I have relatives that came here but did it LEGALLY!!! People that paint an entire group with one brush are "destroying the nation."
Very few conservatives who have issues withs with illegal immigration want to substantially expand legal immigration to take in many more of the people who want to immigrate to this nation.

Conservatives really do think that too many people from the wrong kinds of nations are coming to this country this is how they discuss illegal immigration. They really do want to use the government to punish these people who they believe are destroying the nation.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:33 PM

55 posts, read 62,805 times
Are these guys trolls?

Old 08-20-2012, 11:35 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,431,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Very few conservatives who have issues withs with illegal immigration want to substantially expand legal immigration to take in many more of the people who want to immigrate to this nation.

Conservatives really do think that too many people from the wrong kinds of nations are coming to this country this is how they discuss illegal immigration. They really do want to use the government to punish these people who they believe are destroying the nation.

Well if they really think that way that is wrong. I think ILLEGALS are destroying the nation but I have ZERO issue with people coming here the right way. This is IMO the best nation in the world and I understand why they want to come but my grandparents did it the right way everyone else can to. From whatever nation.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
LOL.... You and the OP are having a really hard time understanding the word "illegal", i mean it's embarrassing. It's simple, most Americans have no problem with legal immigration but most are against "illegal" immigration. I mean really, how many times does this have to be explained.
I think this nation's illegal immigration is directly related to the amount of legal immigration this nation allows from certain nations. Again, I have yet to met one person who has an issue with illegal immigration who wants to substantially expand legal immigration to allow many more people into this nation.

If the problem was just so called illegal immigration, then GREATLY expanding how many people can enter this nation would take care of that problem quickly.

No, the people who have a problem with illegal immigration have a problem with immigration period and usually this problem stems from their view that too many people from the wrong kinds of nations are coming into this nation and ruining it.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Once again you are confusing Legal aliens with illegal aliens.... There is a difference....
This nation's illegal immigration is a direct result of the amount of legal immigration from certain nations that is allowed.

In other words, the people who are against illegal immigration are also against greatly expanding legal immigration which would reduce illegal immigration. To pretend to the two are separate is fantasy thinking.

The people who are against immigration believe that too many people from the wrong kinds of nations are coming into this country and those people are destroying the country.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 PM

14,941 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:
No it is not hypocrisy. When I enrolled my sons I had to prove that I live in my town so why not that I actually belong in the freakin country? As I said the Constitution was written when things were very different and parts should be changed. If you are here legally you should have ZERO issue proving that. I know I don't.
Look, you sound frustrated ... and I understand that. Here's the deal ... the leftist lunatics are suicidal and self destructive. Don't ask me why, because no one has the answer for how someone can consistently embrace any and every possible means to inflict disaster upon themselves. It's totally senseless, so trying to make sense of it is an impossible task. And unfortunately, the people in the psychiatric community who are supposed to be the experts on such matters are predominately leftist psychopaths themselves.

I mean, how can you reason with someone who argues the legitimacy of strip searching grandma like a terrorist in the airports, patting down 3 year olds, fondling breasts and testicles ... claiming that there is nothing unconstitutional about that, but then turns right around and claim how un-American it is to protect our borders from illegal invaders?

But the constitution doesn't need to change ... it's fine just the way it is. One of the primary responsibilities of the federal government is to protect the border integrity of the country, which includes repelling unarmed invasion just as they are required to defend against armed invasion. We have specific immigration policies and laws just like every other sovereign nation has, and the government is responsible, constitutionally, to enforce those laws. It is a national security issue. They need to stop shaking down obvious citizens in the airports, treating us like criminals, and fix this disaster that has 20 MILLION illegals gaming our system. The problem is, we have criminals running the government who refuse to honor these constitutional obligations, and when a state like Arizona attempts to defend their own border, they get sued, and their efforts are blocked and thwarted, to the cheers and applause of the leftist sycophants. It's mass insanity.

It's quite alright for you to have to show your ID on request ... or provide a birth certificate to get a drivers license or a passport, but God forbid the president of the United States should have to prove he's actually eligible after 3 1/3 years in office, and OH NO we can't check the citizenship status of that family who can't speak enough English to order a burger at Wendy's, so we create foreign language forms to assist them in securing public assistance that you get to pay for .... and again, the crowds on the left cheer loudly.

Is it crazy? No ... it's stark raving lunacy that makes simple craziness look sane.

This is the closest explanation you likely find for idiocy like this:

Amazon.com: The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness (9780977956302): Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D.: Books

Are Liberals Out of Their Minds? Why do modern liberals think and act as they do? The radical left's politics and its destructive effects on our basic freedoms have provoked many to speculate on what makes these people tick. The Liberal Mind answers the question. This book is the first systematic analysis of the political madness that now threatens to destroy the West's greatest achievement: the American dream of civilized liberty. In his penetrating analysis, Dr. Rossiter reveals modern liberalism's assaults on: The freedom of adults to make good lives for themselves by cooperating with others, The ability of families to raise children to be self-reliant and mutual, and The morals, rights and laws that protect our freedoms. Modern liberalism's irrationality can only be understood as the product of psychopathology. So extravagant are the patterns of thinking, emoting, behaving and relating that characterize the liberal mind that its relentless protests and demands become understandable only as disorders of the psyche. The Liberal Mind reveals the madness of the modern liberal for what it is: a massive transference neurosis acted out in the world's political arenas, with devastating effects on the institutions of liberty.

Hope that helps.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,431,784 times
Quote:
This nation's illegal immigration is a direct result of the amount of legal immigration from certain nations that is allowed.

In other words, the people who are against illegal immigration are also against greatly expanding legal immigration which would reduce illegal immigration. To pretend to the two are separate is fantasy thinking.

The people who are against immigration believe that too many people from the wrong kinds of nations are coming into this country and those people are destroying the country.

Incorrect. Let them in LEGALLY fine by me.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Well if they really think that way that is wrong. I think ILLEGALS are destroying the nation but I have ZERO issue with people coming here the right way. This is IMO the best nation in the world and I understand why they want to come but my grandparents did it the right way everyone else can to. From whatever nation.
Of course you do. I have never met one person who is on this illegal immigration problem who doesn't believe that those people are destroying the nation.

Think about the logic of what you are writing. If the problem is only illegal immigration, then that problem can be eliminated by allowing many, many, many more people to immigrate to this nation legally.

Do you really believe you'd have no problem with this nation's immigrants if our immigration laws allowed much more legal immigration so that those same people you think are destroying the nation could come here in greater numbers legally?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Incorrect. Let them in LEGALLY fine by me.
Ok so you want to greatly expand legal immigration to significantly reduce illegal immigration?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:04 AM

14,941 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:

We have at minimum, an estimated 20 Million illegals residing here now ... the figure is likely higher ... no one knows the true number. And that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with legal immigration ... NOTHING. How you could possibly link the two is beyond rational thinking. What goes on in the legitimate channels of legal immigration for foreign applicants seeking residence here has no connection whatsoever with the river of human traffic flowing across the border illegally.

We have an economy in a death spiral ... 40+ Million people on food stamps .. 100 Million receiving some form of government assistance (read public assistance, paid by public), an annual budget deficit of a Trillion and a half dollars ... cities like Detroit collapsing with 40% unemployment, and things are going to get worse before they get better ... if better is even possible. So where in the hell do you get the insane idea that we need to "greatly expand" any type of immigration, legal or otherwise? Have you lost your mind entirely?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.