U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,067,270 times
Reputation: 7707

Advertisements

This time, it's in True Blue Alabama where the Republican dominated legislature passed a law requiring school systems to check the citizenship status of enrolling children.

The 11th US Circuit Court said that's un-constitutional.


Court: Ala schools can’t check student immigration status; police can ask for suspects’ papers - The Washington Post

 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 PM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
14,099 posts, read 9,841,225 times
Reputation: 18949
It is short sighted to not educate the kids, especially if we have presidents that are to keep them once they turn 18. At least part about checking of papers when people are stopped was upheld.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 PM
 
Location: Over There
5,129 posts, read 4,637,494 times
Reputation: 1205
Hmmmmm YEAH!!!!! If they are not here legally why the hell should they be in the schools the tax payers pay for! Really!!! Ugh!
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:50 PM
 
2,548 posts, read 1,802,442 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Hmmmmm YEAH!!!!! If they are not here legally why the hell should they be in the schools the tax payers pay for! Really!!! Ugh!
What about the students who are here legally? The constitution prevents these type of searches.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:51 PM
 
2,548 posts, read 1,802,442 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
This time, it's in True Blue Alabama where the Republican dominated legislature passed a law requiring school systems to check the citizenship status of enrolling children.

The 11th US Circuit Court said that's un-constitutional.


Court: Ala schools can’t check student immigration status; police can ask for suspects’ papers - The Washington Post
Not every American cares about the Constitution, so this story will go over their heads.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:53 PM
 
Location: Over There
5,129 posts, read 4,637,494 times
Reputation: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
What about the students who are here legally? The constitution prevents these type of searches.

I have zero issue with those that are here LEGALLY but not ones that are breaking the law. I also see nothing wrong with asking for those that are enrolling in schools that are paid for by tax payer money to ask them to show proof they are legal.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:53 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
7,305 posts, read 3,986,782 times
Reputation: 5912
Faulty thread title.
Try anti-illegal immigrant.
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:55 PM
 
2,548 posts, read 1,802,442 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I have zero issue with those that are here LEGALLY but not ones that are breaking the law. I also see nothing wrong with asking for those that are enrolling in schools that are paid for by tax payer money to ask them to show proof they are legal.
The Constition prevents what you support. Do you support eliminating the Constitution??
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:55 PM
 
Location: Over There
5,129 posts, read 4,637,494 times
Reputation: 1205
When did it become being "anti-immigrant" because you feel people should do it LEGALLY. Ridiculous!
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:56 PM
 
2,548 posts, read 1,802,442 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Faulty thread title.
Try anti-illegal immigrant.
If you are requiring lawful Americans to prove they haven't broken any laws, then it's Anti-American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top