U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:38 PM

23,615 posts, read 31,177,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you, dear! I almost choked on my drink.

Sadly, I have a 20 y/o son who will eventually be forced to either leave this country, or settle for third-world status. I feel so bad for him and others his age.
When I get the occasional pang of regret at not having had children (I'm 37 so theoretically there's still time, but realistically...), I remember what kind of country they'll inherit and I don't feel nearly as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You 2 may have options: I believe a person who's 1 quarter German or more can move to Germany, Benicar; and BigD is Jewish so there's Israel. Me; I'm too far away from Ireland by generation to claim their citizenship.
Things would have to suck HARD for me to go to Israel. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,793,608 times
Quote:
Thank you, dear! I almost choked on my drink.

Sadly, I have a 20 y/o son who will eventually be forced to either leave this country, or settle for third-world status. I feel so bad for him and others his age.
You guys are so depresssing and pessimistic. Try to have an optimistic outlook for the future, it'll do you some good. . The fact that you think that illegal immigration is the source or it's going to be the downfall of this nation is just plain ridiculous.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:10 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,102,360 times
Quote:
Not only will driver's licenses give illegal aliens access to voter registration forms, but it also has the potential for being a national security risk. States need to think long and hard. Once the door is opened, it will be virtually impossible to close. Of particular concern is their access to federal buildings and airplanes. What a great opportunity for those with nefarious intent to take advantage of DACA. In addition, how many of the valid DLs will be duplicated and given to others? Don't think it can't happen, because it already has.

Argument: Offering illegal immigrants drivers licenses is a national security threat - Debatepedia

Also what will stop them from giving the SS#'s. If they have gotten this far nothing will stop them from obtaining one. I think our defenses has been breached.

I am not sure why these illegals are not a national threat?

All they care about is increasing their numbers & pushing for hispanic autonomy in this country.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:17 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,554,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The fact that you think that illegal immigration is the source or it's going to be the downfall of this nation is just plain ridiculous.
You're right. One man will create the downfall of this nation.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 AM

31,594 posts, read 14,599,205 times
Quote:
You guys are so depresssing and pessimistic. Try to have an optimistic outlook for the future, it'll do you some good. . The fact that you think that illegal immigration is the source or it's going to be the downfall of this nation is just plain ridiculous.
There have been many valid arguments presented against illegal immigration in here and how it will negatively impact the future of our country. You might try to open your mind and deal in logic and the facts rather than dealing in emotion. I don't think anyone has claimed that illegal immigration is the only thing bringing this country down but it certainly is playing a role in it. Nothing ridiculous about acknowledging the naked truth instead of sticking one's head in the sand.

When our government stops enforcing our own laws on the books to the detriment and wishes of the American people it is depressing and puts one in the state of pessimism.

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-22-2012 at 07:39 AM..

Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,140,673 times
My husband drove in France with an international drivers' license. Are those offered in the United States?

I don't think a United States drivers' license should be given to non-citizens. They should have to go the international way. A license is used as an identity many times and we should not compromise on this.

The biggest threat to our national security is that these people are allowed to stay in this country with no documentation whatsoever and can get welfare in many states while not being citizens. Someone here illegally is an invader to our country and should be treated as such. They should have to leave or be put in lockup. Period. No more discussion to the question. This has been ignored too long by too many in authority. Stop ignoring and start doing your job, home security. As long as one undocumented person is still in our country, our country is not safe.

It is my right to demand this as an American citizen and until we let those in power know it, it will be ignored. Flood D. C. with your letters and e-mails and phone calls and watch how fast the problem gets solved. But first this president has to be ousted. He dismissed my e-mail as an interesting perspective. Would you like to know how angry that made me. Seems the wishes of illegals are more important than my wishes. That is wrong. They have no rights in this country except to leave. Obama, you are shirking your duty. Homeland security, you are shirking your duty too. Fire both of you. Get someone in office that will do their jobs.

Last edited by NCN; 08-22-2012 at 07:47 AM..

Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM

23,615 posts, read 31,177,547 times
Quote:
It's just one problem of MANY that is going to be the downfall of this nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There have been many valid arguments presented against illegal immigration in here and how it will negatively impact the future of our country. You might try to open your mind and deal in logic and the facts rather than dealing in emotion. I don't think anyone has claimed that illegal immigration is the only thing bringing this country down but it certainly is playing a role in it. Nothing ridiculous about acknowledging the naked truth instead of sticking one's head in the sand.

When our government stops enforcing our own laws on the books to the detriment and wishes of the American people it is depressing and puts one in the state of pessimism.
What he said.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,713,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
My husband drove in France with an international drivers' license. Are those offered in the United States?

I don't think a United States drivers' license should be given to non-citizens. They should have to go the international way. A license is used as an identity many times and we should not compromise on this.
If you have a valid DL from any nation, you can drive in the USA with that license if you are here on a visa. If you immigrate here legally, then you must obtain a valid US DL from the state in which you reside.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
Quote:
I can't control how you feel. What you consider pessimism, I consider reality. Our country is now on life support, and illegal immigration is a major factor. No country can sustain this level of parasitic foreign intrusion, especially in a welfare state that rewards them for giving birth, and fails to monitor programs for fraud. Don't tell me having untold millions of illegal aliens sucking us dry in our schools, hospitals, and every available tax-funded program did not contribute to our woes. This isn't rocket science. In fact, it's a no-brainer.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

The biggest threat to our national security is that these people are allowed to stay in this country with no documentation whatsoever and can get welfare in many states while not being citizens. Someone here illegally is an invader to our country and should be treated as such. They should have to leave or be put in lockup. Period. No more discussion to the question. This has been ignored too long by too many in authority. Stop ignoring and start doing your job, home security. As long as one undocumented person is still in our country, our country is not safe.

It is my right to demand this as an American citizen and until we let those in power know it, it will be ignored. Flood D. C. with your letters and e-mails and phone calls and watch how fast the problem gets solved. But first this president has to be ousted. He dismissed my e-mail as an interesting perspective. Would you like to know how angry that made me. Seems the wishes of illegals are more important than my wishes. That is wrong. They have no rights in this country except to leave. Obama, you are shirking your duty. Homeland security, you are shirking your duty too. Fire both of you. Get someone in office that will do their jobs.
Join the club. I started writing him before he was elected, and have continued to do so. He doesn't care what we think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or