U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 02:35 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,423,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The 10 U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents and deportation officers said Mr. Obama’s policies force them to choose between enforcing the law and being reprimanded by superiors, or listening to superiors and violating their own oaths of office and a 1996 law that requires them to demand proof of legal status from those they suspect are not in the country legally.

Upping the ante, the agents are being represented by a high-profile lawyer, Kris W. Kobach, secretary of state in Kansas and the chief promoter of state immigration crackdowns such as Arizona’s tough law.

“ICE is at a point now where agents are being told to break federal law, they’re pretty much told that any illegal alien under age of 31 is going to be let go. You can imagine, these law enforcement officers are being put in a horrible position,” Mr. Kobach said.
Immigration agents sue to stop Obama's non-deportation policy - Washington Times

Finally, Let the games begin.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:37 PM

Sorry duplicate thread

Old 08-23-2012, 02:41 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,137,411 times
Maybe we need ten more like it. I think it is a shame these are the ones that are having to take up the issue. Congress are you listening. Get off your butts and do your job. Stop this man from destroying our country. Impeach him for breaking our laws by refusing to enforce the law.

We don't need immigration reform. We need immigration enforcement. Our law enforcement people need to be protected to legally do their jobs. I never thought I would see the day when a president boldly states that he will not be enforcing immigration laws.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Maybe we need ten more like it. I think it is a shame these are the ones that are having to take up the issue. Congress are you listening. Get off your butts and do your job. Stop this man from destroying our country. Impeach him for breaking our laws by refusing to enforce the law.

We don't need immigration reform. We need immigration enforcement. Our law enforcement people need to be protected to legally do their jobs. I never thought I would see the day when a president boldly states that he will not be enforcing immigration laws.
Agreed. Even more frightening, I never thought I would see the day when millions of unemployed American people sit back silently and watch it happen.

I am hoping that heading into November the masses will began to protest the treason that is taking place courtesy of the POTUS.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,469,841 times
Ain't it the truth. I remember doing my job on EBT reviews...asking for verifications, like birth certificates, and being written up --for doing my job?!? Here are the rules...okay...now don't follow them. Clear as mud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or