Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,976 times

Advertisements

This guy will stop at nothing until the border is erased.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 01:34 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This guy doesn't care about this country at all, all he wants is amnesty for every illegal, and to let them keep coming across the border.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:06 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,690 times
I'm sure he'd be sing a different tune if he was one of the countless americans victimized by these foriegn criminal invaders.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:13 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
This guy doesn't care about this country at all, all he wants is amnesty for every illegal, and to let them keep coming across the border.
More like he wants amnesty for illegal immigrants that he has ethnic ties to. Of course the rest would have to be amnestied along with them or it would give away his agenda above.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:18 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Gutierrez is a fool and I'm being nice.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:56 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Those young people stopped being immigrants a long time ago. They are Americans,

Well, were thedy born here? Did they enter this country legally? Have they made the effort to become citizens under the current laws?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, then the bolded statement is a blatant lie. No surprise from the supporters of the illegals.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
I've seen a few 2nd generation Mexican-American kids that consider Mexico home even though they and their parents were born here. I've also seen 2nd generation Mexican-American kids that have entered school not knowing any English.

The Mexican heritage, culture and family ties are very strong. In some families there is no English spoken at home.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I've seen a few 2nd generation Mexican-American kids that consider Mexico home even though they and their parents were born here. I've also seen 2nd generation Mexican-American kids that have entered school not knowing any English.

The Mexican heritage, culture and family ties are very strong. In some families there is no English spoken at home.
Yes, I think we saw that with that 2nd place Olympic winner who was brought here as a 4 year old and has been given everything this country has to offer - yet when he accepted his medal, out came the Mexican flag and his true allegience.

For the majority it seems their hearts are in Mexico but their stomachs are in the USA.

I saw a lot of that when I was in college. They'd always be displaying a Mexican flag -- on walls, in yards, on windows, on cars. Yet you'd ask them what part of Mexico they were from and it would turn out they were born in some state, 2000 miles away from that land they loved so much. Then you'd ask them what part of Mexico their parents were from and it would turn out their parents were also not born in Mexico. Then you'd find out maybe one grandparent came from Mexico.

They really are what Vicente Fox called them -- the Mexican diaspora. They will always give their allegience to Mexico but they want all the goodies of the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration