Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 08:43 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times

Advertisements

"What we're trying to do here is to protect the innocent," said Ammiano, the bill's chief sponsor. "The fact that you're undocumented doesn't make you a criminal."

California OKs bill shielding illegals - SFGate

Innocent? No wonder the state's a mess. Members of the Legislature can't comprehend what constitutes a crime against this country's rule of law and sovereignty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 08:51 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Makes you wonder if criminal has a different definition in California. Illegal is a criminal and I don't care how they got here. When they become legal age and learn they are in the wrong place, they need to take care of it--move back.

Anyone voting for that bill needs to be thrown out of office and someone that upholds the Laws of the United States should be taking their place. Stupid is as stupid does. You are so right.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
I'll wonder if DHS and ICE will come down hard on CA and tell them that they have no authority over immigration issues.
I bet not because this bill is pro-illegal.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:06 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
"What we're trying to do here is to protect the innocent," said Ammiano, the bill's chief sponsor. "The fact that you're undocumented doesn't make you a criminal."

California OKs bill shielding illegals - SFGate

Innocent? No wonder the state's a mess. Members of the Legislature can't comprehend what constitutes a crime against this country's rule of law and sovereignty.
Words escape me. My state that once was a source of great pride to me has turned into a haven for illegal immigrants where the rule of law is no longer respected or enforced and in fact demonized and spat on by my own state government.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:06 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,491 times
This may be a good thing for other states. All the illegals will migrate to Mexifornia (as if Mexifornia doesn't have enough ) Although it would be a sad thing for the citizens of California - I guess their only choices would be to relocate or learn to live with it.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Could Brown be that naive?

this

"It is virtually guaranteed that there will be more crimes committed, more victims of dangerous criminals if this policy goes into effect," said Vaughan

Read more: California OKs bill shielding undocumented immigrants - SFGate

Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
This may be a good thing for other states. All the illegals will migrate to Mexifornia (as if Mexifornia doesn't have enough ) Although it would be a sad thing for the citizens of California - I guess their only choices would be to relocate or learn to live with it.
Except they consistently re-elect these same lames into office or, when they term out, to higher office
or elect their relatives to replace them.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Yes -- and California has the highest number of welfare recipients and a high rate of unemployment and it's got the most illegals of any states -- yet now they're crying that their crops are rotting in the fields for lack of workers because even their millions of illegals think they're too good to do those jobs.

That state is messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration