U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,508,259 times

Advertisements

As for the founding fathers comments...times change. Slavery was legal at one time in our country and we changed that law. It is time to re- visit other out of date and antiquated laws, like birth right citizenship given to children of illegals.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:13 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,388,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
NOOOOOO WAYYYY

This is a ridiculous topic..there are plenty of racists out there to justify everyone being called racists.

Anti-illegals get used to it.
The racists are those who insist that Americans must let people who break our immigration laws stay here solely because share a skin color with them. The only reason the pro-illegals play the race card is because they have no other cards to play. Their idiotic policies punish the poor, increase taxes on the middle class and prop up Latin American dictators.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:01 PM

1,202 posts, read 981,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The racists are those who insist that Americans must let people who break our immigration laws stay here solely because share a skin color with them. The only reason the pro-illegals play the race card is because they have no other cards to play. Their idiotic policies punish the poor, increase taxes on the middle class and prop up Latin American dictators.
This is so wrong you should feel embarrassed for posting such trash. I truly mean it.

How can someone who supports someone be said to hate them? What an ignorant statement.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:03 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,312,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
This is so wrong you should feel embarrassed for posting such trash. I truly mean it.

How can someone who supports someone be said to hate them? What an ignorant statement.
Nothing wrong with NOT wanting illegal aliens here and there's nothing wrong with deporting them by legal force of they try to put up a fight.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:32 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,558,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post

Children born in the US are American Citizens, it's part of the constitution. Kicking the parents of an American citizen out seems pretty darned un-American to me. As a patriot and a veteran, I believe that our country became the strongest one in the world through our open immigration policies. You do realize that the closed-minded immigration you people push for is a relatively recent thing, right?

The first 100 years had no restrictions on immigration, and those are the years where we grew from a tiny colony to a world power. The Page Act was the first immigration restriction act, and it was essentially a racist act trying to keep Chinese people away. Immigration acts have nearly all been racially or politically motivated, they were not in any way in line with the founding of the country which was done with OPEN IMMIGRATION FOR A REASON!

If you don't believe in open immigration, you are un-American. Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, John Hancock, Ben Franklin, George Washington and the rest of our founding fathers would be spinning in their graves if they knew about the crazy laws people have enacted to close our borders.
I just looked at my calendar. It says 2012.

You are un-American when you support illegals entering the US illegallly when there is no demand for them, support illegals who take from Americans in more ways than one, government ignoring the needs of Americans who in this day and age are struggling and should be giving Americans a handup rather than give illegals a handout.

Hindsight is 20-20. If our founding fathers had the ability to see into the 20th/21st century I am sure laws would be different. Laws are written for the times. Do you know how many laws still remain on the book but are not implemented because they are outdated and the fact that they are on the books, which can to this day be enforced? At the time they were written they "suited" a situation perceived by lawmakers that needed to be controlled. Some of the laws are down right silly and were probably done with humor or out of boredom, but they still exist.

200 years later is the US still a growing nation? Is there a need for mass buildings of railroad tracks, bridges, roads (infrasture), buildings??? Do we not have enough Americans that are capable of rebuilding the deteriorating infrastructure that many states are experiencing? I'm sure our founding forefathers would want to see American citizens employed and prosper, not illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or